Bluetooth Headset

plft

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
I recently got a new phone (Samsung a737) with bluetooth capabilities and I can no longer use my 2.5mm headset. I'm looking for a cheap, preferably $20 or under, headset with decent to good quality. Comfort is also important. I really have no idea where to search, and many on amazon/buy seem either overpriced or the reviews lead me to believe there is nothing special about them. Any help would be appreciated.

After a little searching, I found http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=207985207 which seems to be a good price. Does anyone have any experience with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend ebay for cheap headsets, because of all the competition. I haven't been there in a long time, but I got a nearly top of the line Motorola NIB BT headset there for like $25. The key is read reviews for the headset and your phone, as compatibility (ease of use, reception/connection) may vary. I personally don't like any of the headsets that have a piece that goes in your ear (I've had 2 that do and 2 that don't), because it's an added contact point and feels unnatural. Another thing to read up on is whether the headset can fall off easily or not.

Out of 2 jabras and 2 motorola ones, i like motorola the best. if i didn't lose one, and had the other break on me, i would still be on motorola.

i picked up the motorola mini blue sealed new off ebay for 26 shipped, and a couple of hs850's for around 20ish shipped new, so i'd go for ebay for those. the mini blue is small,light nice(it is a in the ear design though) but the speaker sucks ass. you could also look into a moto hs300 wich uses a AAA battery. i have one of those as well and they are light, and clear sounding with a good life span on the battery. the link you posted, a couple friends of mine have had that one and didn't care for it. speaker wasnt really clear, and they both said it feels weird on the ear.

Researching my phone, it looks like it supports all/almost all types of BT. I'd also prefer a rechargeable battery instead of using AAAs.

What are some model numbers you recommend I should check out?

Game Deal Daily (http://www.gamedealdaily.com/) is selling a Jabra BT125 for $10 (~$15 after shipping) which actually gets pretty decent reviews, and has a rechargeable battery like you asked. It's also run by a fellow CAG, which would personally compel me to consider that over other things.

[quote name='jonac13']Game Deal Daily (http://www.gamedealdaily.com/) is selling a Jabra BT125 for $10 (~$15 after shipping) which actually gets pretty decent reviews, and has a rechargeable battery like you asked. It's also run by a fellow CAG, which would personally compel me to consider that over other things.[/quote]

I saw that, but unless I'm mistaken, he said everything ships out on 7/28. If it was shipping immediately I would've jumped on it already.

I went with a Jabra BT125 on ebay for $16 shipped. Didn't feel like waiting for Game Deal Daily or I would've done that. Thank you everyone who gave me recommendations.

Mods, you may close this thread at your convenience.

bread's done
Back