Bluray: BBC Life series (David Attenborough) for $20.67 with tax and shipping

fishhead314

CAG Veteran
From a friend at work:
"
I saw this on a U.S. deals web site. At Barnesandnoble.com you can get the BBC Life series on Blu-ray for $19.99. The regular price is US$59.99. This is the version narrated by David Attenborough. As well there is a 30% coupon (P4A4N7P) that brings the price down to $13.99. With shipping and tax that works out to US$20.67 for shipping to Canada . Expected ship date is 1-2 weeks. Hot deal!
"

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/sea...mlinks-_-k186085-_-j12871747k186085-_-Primary

I just ordered a set, yup, $20.67 with shipping and taxes.

wonder if Canada Post they'll charge a fee when it gets imported...i'm very tempted as I've wanted it for awhile now

edit: too good to pass up even if there is a small fee at our end so thanks OP :) Looking at Best Buy they're charging $49 for the DVD version alone and thats their "sale" price. $67 for the Blu-Ray...yikes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fishhead314']I've only ordered once from B&N -- there was no duty applied so fingers crossed. :)[/QUOTE]

heres hoping as its an awesome deal and I'm happy it wasn't that horrible Oprah version they listed instead :lol:

Thanks for the heads up... I ordered one. The Oprah narrated version made me both angry and sleepy at the same time.

Thank OP. Heard good things about this series and for that price I couldn't pass it up, especially on Blu-Ray. Cheers! :cool:

Ordered. Thanks. I'm not even a big fan of BBC docs but I couldn't pass it up. I bet you it looks amazing on blu ray.

Thanks again!

Thanks for posting, I picked up a copy as well. I opted for shipping to a US address, and the total came to $17.84. I couldn't pass up a deal like that ... now I just need a blu-ray player.

Life is amazing, finished it last week and was fascinated by it. I don't think they charge duty for anything under $20 and lately I've even had packages that were obviously not gifts with $50-60+ value come through with no duty.

[quote name='rmatheso']Nice Find. Planet Earth was amazing too.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for a good deal on that too for ages now...whenever it is on sale somewhere for cheap another thread must be made ;)

I already have it on Blu-ray, but I'd encourage everyone with even a passing interest to pick it up -- it's one of my favourite series, period. Stunningly beautiful and unbelievably interesting.

Ordered and already got an e-mail saying it's scheduled to ship.

Great deal. Thanks!

[quote name='Mikass']Has anyone's order shipped yet?[/QUOTE]

Just checked my order and it says it's scheduled to ship today (not sure if it says that every day?). I ordered this for my dad for Christmas, and it would be a shame if it didn't get here in time. :S

[quote name='Aquablak']Just checked my order and it says it's scheduled to ship today (not sure if it says that every day?). I ordered this for my dad for Christmas, and it would be a shame if it didn't get here in time. :S[/QUOTE]

Actually, I checked the old email and today was the original expected shipping date. Considering the time of year I'm not sure I like the odds of receiving this before Christmas...

ditto...mine was always set to ship on the 15th...I wonder if they actually charged for it yet as I haven't got my credit card statement in the mail for the month yet

i just got my notice saying it was shipping...not only did it take them almost a full month to ship out but they even missed their original estimate of the 15th

...they're lucky this price was incredible or I'd never have shopped with them again

[quote name='onemorechanc']Mine was just delivered. Shipped on the 16th (a day late), but I can't complain either ... the price was worth the wait.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you received it already? One day shipping? Mine was also shipped yesterday and I'm wondering if there's a chance I'll get it before Christmas...

mine shipped today. I just emailed today asking why it didn't ship an hour before getting the shipping email.

[quote name='Aquablak']Does this mean you received it already? One day shipping? Mine was also shipped yesterday and I'm wondering if there's a chance I'll get it before Christmas...[/QUOTE]

I had mine shipped to an address in the US. It would probably be a different story if it was sent to the Great White North ...

bread's done
Back