BO2 Care Package Ed Now available at Gamestop!

Seems like the :ps3: Care Package is not that rare after all.
EDIT: I pissed a lot of people off...sorry about that....I just expressed this thought that came into my head since I have monitoring the :ps3: version and it seldom came back in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']Seems like the :ps3: Care Package is not that rare after all.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, I preordered ps3 care package the day it was first announced

i dont get why people even want this. the contents arent great and call of duty died in 2007.

[quote name='TooPoor']Seems like the :ps3: Care Package is not that rare after all.[/QUOTE]

Why would you say that? Preorders sold out after a week of being listed... and now gamestop has had them up again.. for one day... and with release almost three weeks away.. and that makes it not rare?

Wow...

These will not last long. It's not limited but the demand for this item outweighs the supply. Especially for the ps3 version as it seems they produced less of these. The hardened editions will be available way after launch however.

[quote name='GBAstar']Why would you say that? Preorders sold out after a week of being listed... and now gamestop has had them up again.. for one day... and with release almost three weeks away.. and that makes it not rare?

Wow...[/QUOTE]
Well, "rare" is rather subjective. To me if it disappears as soon as it comes up, then I consider it to be rare. And my exact words were: "not that rare", doesn't mean it is not hard to procure one, just not at the difficulty that I thought it would be.

But as I said numerous times already, I preorder the day it went up on Amazon because I have more credit than I know what to do with. I plan to mod a wireless camera on it.

Don't know where your aggression and "wow" mockery is coming from.

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, "rare" is rather subjective. To me if it disappears as soon as it comes up, then I consider it to be rare. And my exact words were: "not that rare", doesn't mean it is not hard to procure one, just not at the difficulty that I thought it would be.

But as I said numerous times already, I preorder the day it went up on Amazon because I have more credit than I know what to do with. I plan to mod a wireless camera on it.

Don't know where your aggression and "wow" mockery is coming from.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand most peoples logic with CE's and how they classify them. I can think of very few CE's that didn't flutter in and out of stock before and after launch. Even Borderlands 2 ULCE and Darksiders 2 CE were available after launch.

Unless a company oversells or every single customer that preorders an item fulfills their order games are always going to come in stock for a period of time.

[quote name='Edzo04']i dont get why people even want this. the contents arent great and call of duty died in 2007.[/QUOTE]
Although I'm not a fan of the series, (probably because I'm older and slower than dirt) saying the franchise died in 2007 is a bad statement. The game continues to set sales records every year when the newest comes out.

The Borderlands 2 ULCE is hard to find in stores unless you luck out somehow and get a return or a non-pickup from a preorder. I haven't seen anywhere online have it back up in stock for retail since a few days after it came out. Amazon and Fry's had a couple leftover but those ran out literally minutes after they showed in stock.

I'm still on the fence on whether or not I want Black Ops 2 in the care package option. The actual case seems cooler to me than the toy itself (providing the package is sturdy, thick plastic and not flimsy).

[quote name='synnarc']Although I'm not a fan of the series, (probably because I'm older and slower than dirt) saying the franchise died in 2007 is a bad statement. The game continues to set sales records every year when the newest comes out.[/QUOTE]

I think what he means is it started being cool to dislike it in 2007; RPG FANTASY 4 LIFE!

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't understand most peoples logic with CE's and how they classify them. I can think of very few CE's that didn't flutter in and out of stock before and after launch. Even Borderlands 2 ULCE and Darksiders 2 CE were available after launch.

Unless a company oversells or every single customer that preorders an item fulfills their order games are always going to come in stock for a period of time.[/QUOTE]
Well, people often do these classifications to justify a purchase, or to comfort themselves that they made a worthwhile investment or a clever decision by not buying.

How other people classify them to justify a purchase shouldn't really bother you that much.

fuck it, canceled my care package on amazon...

I really doubt this being rare.

This is the largest selling game title in the world for the last half decade, them making anything in "limited" quantity just doesn't make sense.

[quote name='aznhero913']fuck it, canceled my care package on amazon...

I really doubt this being rare.

This is the largest selling game title in the world for the last half decade, them making anything in "limited" quantity just doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]
Don't you have a couple more days to observe the situation? But I would agree with your analysis, but I might cancel just before release and get it cheaper in the future.

[quote name='GBAstar']I think what he means is it started being cool to dislike it in 2007; RPG FANTASY 4 LIFE![/QUOTE]
i was a massive call of duty fan. call of duty 4 to this day is my favorite shooter of all time. the series dropped in quality significantly from there. not trying to be cool :(

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Ordered one. Thanks OP. I missed out on the Borderlands Ultimate, i won't miss out on this.[/QUOTE]

I missed out on borderlands ultimate loot chest as well :(

Posting "Guess XYZ is not so rare afterall" as a response has overtaken "First!" and "This" as the most irritating forum posts. TooPoor, you are my CAGbro, you are better than that. C'mon. Has nothing to do with the game. It is just the lamest thing to say whenever any LE comes back in stock.

[quote name='rnocerino']These will be mass produced so you'll see prices fall very fast. What retailer is gonna hold onto these at $179.99 a pop?[/QUOTE]

I find that doubtful. If you haven't noticed lately publishers have gotten smarter and the days of seeing 50+ of a particular CE at BB or Walmart just rotting away are coming to an end.

[quote name='GBAstar']I find that doubtful. If you haven't noticed lately publishers have gotten smarter and the days of seeing 50+ of a particular CE at BB or Walmart just rotting away are coming to an end.[/QUOTE]

I just wish more of the collectors editions made me want to throw my money at them. I have the RC=XD and if the chopper is made in that manner it's going to break very easily.

My only complain is people get in a frenzy once the "rare" word gets thrown around.

[quote name='blinknot4']Posting "Guess XYZ is not so rare afterall" as a response has overtaken "First!" and "This" as the most irritating forum posts. TooPoor, you are my CAGbro, you are better than that. C'mon. Has nothing to do with the game. It is just the lamest thing to say whenever any LE comes back in stock.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know it has that much of a effect...I apologize if it irked most.

It was actually my thoughts though, because I was monitoring the ps3 version on amazon for a pretty long time. I guess the saying as somehow imprinted in my mind that it was spoken out intuitively. Being new and a non native speaker I am still learning what to and not to say on a forum:D

Again, I had no intention of annoying anybody.

[quote name='TooPoor']Didn't know it has that much of a effect...I apologize if it irked most.

It was actually my thoughts though, because I was monitoring the ps3 version on amazon for a pretty long time. I guess the saying as somehow imprinted in my mind that it was spoken out intuitively. Being new and a non native speaker I am still learning what to and not to say on a forum:D

Again, I had no intention of annoying anybody.[/QUOTE]

No worries - I said you were my bro. *high-fives TooPoor*

[quote name='Youngnoble']The hardened editions will be available way after launch however.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. The Blops 1 HE was almost impossible to find post launch despite an ample supply of PEs...to this day an actual Blops 1 HE is the most expensive CoD LE. I'm guessing this HE will be either preorder only or extremely limited.

[quote name='Edzo04']i dont get why people even want this. the contents arent great and call of duty died in 2007.[/QUOTE]

i dont get why people even troll. there are so many better things to do like learn how to use capital letters and apostrophes.

Hardened for me as well and HOPING they make all the codes seperate like they usually do. I only give a shit about the extra zombie map but if it's priced stupid like last year I may just sell it as well and wait for the DLC release. The steelbook and everything else will go straight to Ebay. I don't collect games all I need is the disc.

• Limited Edition 2-Sided Steelbook®
  • (2) Collectible Challenge Coins
  • Official Soundtrack by Jack Wall with Theme by Trent Reznor
  • Exclusive Xbox LIVE® CLAW Avatar Props
  • Exclusive Xbox LIVE® Zombies Avatar Props
  • In-Game Content:
  • Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content
  • Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map
  • Exclusive Weapon Camo
  • Exclusive Multiplayer Player Card Background
  • Exclusive Zombies Player Card Background

+ $100 for toy and case have you learned nothing from every single CoD stupid edition release? It won't be limited they will trickle out in the coming months.

bread's done
Back