Board Games

happy

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know if there is any attempt to release board games for PSN. I recently saw that Settlers of Catan (or at least something very similar) is available of 360 and I love that game. Even if they are online only I would be happy to spend some money on good strategy board games or card games (anyone ever play munchkin?), and they shouldn't be too hard to develop.

I hope some fun board games come to the PSN! I'd love to see Settlers/Cities and Knights, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and others that are already on XBL. Also, I really like a couple of other games that would be fun: Puerto Rico and Tigris & Euphrates.

Yeah, right now the only thing that makes me wish I had a 360 is the plentiful supply of boardgames on the XBLA. I would love to see some of them come to the PSN.

EA got the rights to put out a lot of boardgames a while back, like Monopoly and Life and some others. So I'm sure those will show up eventually.

Ticket to Ride is so good. I was addicted to that game after 3 games and unfortunately my launch 360 finally RROD'd. I agree that the PSN is pretty starved for games right now. The store is so empty in comparison to Steam and Live.

I remember back in high school one of my friends who was on top of all board games had multiple train games along those lines so I don't see why sony can't get someone to convert one of the other ones. It seems like these games wouldn't be too hard to program and should bring in decent money for board game companies.

My favorite board game of all time is Cosmic Encounter. I would be a very happy man if they did a PSN/XBLA version of that game.

bread's done
Back