Bomberman DS $10 AC Best Buy B&M

jasonditz

CAGiversary!
Sorry if it's a report, but I don't believe I saw this in any of the other Best Buy markdown sections, but Bomberman DS is only $15 now.

Couple that with this week's $5 off any DS title in store only printable coupon:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90454

and you've got $10 Bomberman. Very good deal. It's also a good excuse to head to Best Buy and try out some of those new downloadable demo games on the DS. I really like how Sudoku plays on this Brain Training demo.

Confirmed!!

CAG_bomberman.jpg

Thanks, jasonditz
kusudama.gif

-V

Yeah, just saw Bomberman tagged 14.99 on the little mini-shelf above the DS section. Already got it for $10 at K-Mart, but good deal.

Hmm... rings up as "Deal of the Week?" Would be interesting if there was an actual weekly deal. Unfortunately for Brain Age, I'm guessing it wouldn't be another week of DS specials.

I took my $5 coupon with me to BB earlier today and I wasn't sure I was going to get anything with it. But I found Bomberman and couldn't turn it down for $10.

Ouch, vgamergirl -- I thought OC taxes at 7.75% were bad.

[quote name='blandstalker']Ouch, vgamergirl -- I thought OC taxes at 7.75% were bad.[/QUOTE]
washington state is even worse; it just got raised to 8.4%.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']washington state is even worse; it just got raised to 8.4%.[/quote]

new york is worse than that..we are up to a twisted 8.625%..beat that!!

King county (Seattle) in Washington state is 8.8% sales tax for most purchases, and 9.3% for prepared foods (e.g. McDonalds). I believe this is the highest in the nation, but then again we don't have state income tax.

Brian

New Orleans is 9%

If I had a working printer I'd definitely be using this coupon. I might go see if my best buy has this in stock anyway though.

seems like a good single player experience. I was going to wait for the sequel with the Wifi multiplayer, but for $10 its certainly worthwhile.

Singleplayer isn't too great. It only takes a few hours and is real easy. Also, there are some bots to play with at a range of difficulties that can be played with if you're alone. However, the multiplayer is where this game really shines. Eight-player single-card multiplayer is great and is definetly worth the price if you have people to play with.

[quote name='mrplow1817']Singleplayer isn't too great. It only takes a few hours and is real easy. Also, there are some bots to play with at a range of difficulties that can be played with if you're alone. However, the multiplayer is where this game really shines. Eight-player single-card multiplayer is great and is definetly worth the price if you have people to play with.[/QUOTE]
Hey, quiet. I seriously suck, so I say single player is hard. But I don't know how long it is since I haven't finished it yet (see previous statement).

And Cuyahoga County tax is actually 7.5% ;)

[quote name='trunks982']no its not. its 8.375% it was 8.625%. NYC dropped the tax on June 1, 2005.

heres the PDF file of Sales Tax
http://www.tax.state.ny.us/pdf/notices/n05_8.pdf[/quote]

no, it really is 8.625%
i live on long island
here is a portion of my best buy receipt from today

receipt5fn.jpg

DAMN!! I can't believe some states have sales tax over 9%
yikes, i thought new york was horrible

Just recently I found out that new yorkers will be able to buy up to $100 worth of clothing and not get charged tax at all..is that cool or what?! :roll:

[quote name='botticus']Hey, quiet. I seriously suck, so I say single player is hard. But I don't know how long it is since I haven't finished it yet (see previous statement).

And Cuyahoga County tax is actually 7.5% ;)[/quote]

The problem with the singleplayer that I thought made it too easy is the ability to store items, so that even when you die, you can start back up completely powered up. The levels themselves are tricky enough that you will die a good amount, but just getting instantly back to full strength makes it so dying isn't a big deal. As to the length of the game, there are 10 areas with 10 levels each, so you can kind of judge how far along you are.

[quote name='botticus']Hey, quiet. I seriously suck, so I say single player is hard. But I don't know how long it is since I haven't finished it yet (see previous statement).

And Cuyahoga County tax is actually 7.5% ;)[/QUOTE]

I think its hard to but its my first bomberman game... and I try to beat the levels 9to the save points) without dying. Its a bastard if you ask me.

Saw this too when I picked up Tetris DS with the $5 coupon, which I say is better than I thought..Id pick it up but I hate bomberman with a passion :) .. Chicago has 8.75% tax(6.5% for food), thats why I buy things mostly online cept small ticket items..

[quote name='jasonditz']seems like a good single player experience. I was going to wait for the sequel with the Wifi multiplayer, but for $10 its certainly worthwhile.[/QUOTE]Has such a sequel actually been announced, or are you just speculatin' here?? If they do a Wi-Fi version I'm all over it at launch.

Thanks OP, snagged one!!

Tempe, AZ 8.1% - Doesn't win any awards but still very high, especially when you purchase a car!!

Sorry to sound like a noob but where can I find this $5 off any DS title coupon?
Also Puyo Pop Fever is only $9.99 to start with so you could get it for $4.99 if you use this coupon.

Picked Bomberman up last night for $10, thanks OP!

I also say Tiger Woods and Madden for $10, so $5 after coupon. Are they even worth it? I enjoyed True Swing Golf's play mechanics, but the entire game was just.... boring I guess.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Has such a sequel actually been announced, or are you just speculatin' here?? If they do a Wi-Fi version I'm all over it at launch.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo listed "Untitled Bomberman Game" among their upcoming DS wifi titles at some trade shows. Not sure if it's presently in development or not though.

[quote name='jasonditz']Nintendo listed "Untitled Bomberman Game" among their upcoming DS wifi titles at some trade shows. Not sure if it's presently in development or not though.[/QUOTE]oh man!!!

[quote name='thorbahn3']Sorry to sound like a noob but where can I find this $5 off any DS title coupon?
Also Puyo Pop Fever is only $9.99 to start with so you could get it for $4.99 if you use this coupon.[/QUOTE]

Here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&cmp=&id=pcmcat81200050016 ..just scroll down a bit.

EDIT:: Oops! 'Too slow :p

Does your BB still have puyo pop ds? 'Cause it's sold out all over LA... If you can grab one for me @ $5.00, you'd be my hero :)

-V

[quote name='MC Hampster']

I also say Tiger Woods and Madden for $10, so $5 after coupon. Are they even worth it? I enjoyed True Swing Golf's play mechanics, but the entire game was just.... boring I guess.[/QUOTE]

Madden is most assuredly not worth it. I'm not sure about Tiger Woods, but I saw it on my trip today to BB for the same price, and I decided to let it slide.

Today I added Tony Hawk: American Sk8land (for $15 AC) and Dig Dug: Digging Strike (also $15 AC).

If I go back again later in the week I might consider trying out Tiger Woods. For $5 how bad can it be?

I picked up Tiger Woods for $5 since I couldn't find Bomberman or Puyo Pop. For $5, its a DS game, at the very least I have a new box to use for a used game or something.

I was hoping for that last copy of Metroid Pinball that had been sitting on the shelf for weeks, since at $15 AC it would be almost as cheap as buying the rumble pak by itself.

Sadly, it was gone.

bread's done
Back