Bond DVD Collections

I would suggest holding off on buying any of the Bond boxsets as they are being re-released in 2005 with new restorations. According to an article I read in Sound & Vision with one of the guys from Lowes (who did the work on Star Wars) they admitted to working on the restorations to the Bond films and the guy (forgot who) said that the quality is beyond what the current DVDs are especially on the older Bond films.

So like I said.. hold off. Trust me, it will be worth the wait. :D

[quote name='bignick']Thats a tough one. www.deepdiscountdvd.com just had their %20 off sale too. Those are good sellers too. Im guessing you are watching them on Spike TV too?[/quote]

yup :D

[quote name='demomanTNA']I would suggest holding off on buying any of the Bond boxsets as they are being re-released in 2005 with new restorations. According to an article I read in Sound & Vision with one of the guys from Lowes (who did the work on Star Wars) they admitted to working on the restorations to the Bond films and the guy (forgot who) said that the quality is beyond what the current DVDs are especially on the older Bond films.

So like I said.. hold off. Trust me, it will be worth the wait. :D[/quote]

Okay, I'd rather get the best quality I can. Thanks

[quote name='CaboWabo']I hope they dont add cheesy mechanical lizards and claymation Jabba The Huts to them.[/quote]
i hope they do

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='CaboWabo']I hope they dont add cheesy mechanical lizards and claymation Jabba The Huts to them.[/quote]
i hope they do[/quote]

JB - "Shaken, Not stirred"
JJB - "Messa like it shakken! wubba wubba wubba!!!"

that said, I'd wait..the current releases arnt all too good, a restoration would help a LOT.

I picked up the 3 sets for about $60 or $70 each the first time they ever came out. I'm really happy with them, too. However, I do think that by the time these new remasters are released, there will already be a next-generation DVD format release announcement for the set, just as someone mentioned earlier.

[quote name='moe11888']I'm guessing by the time they come out, there will be the new James Bond blu-rays discs with ULTIMATE SOUND AND PICTURE announced.[/quote]

Yeah. Sony didn't buy MGM for the lion.

the previous 3 box sets of Bond DVDs have actualy been discontinued, allthough you can still find them in some places (amazon.com has em). i would suggest holding off on buying them, as im sure Sony is going to do something special with them now that they have the rights to MGM.

bread's done
Back