Bonnaroo '06

karmapolice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Who all is going to go? They released the artist list today and its amazing! I cant wait to see Radiohead!

Radiohead
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Phil Lesh & Friends
Beck
Elvis Costello & the Imposters
Bonnie Raitt
Death Cab for Cutie
moe.
Bright Eyes
The Neville Brothers
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
Buddy Guy
Damian Marley
Ben Folds
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Dr. John
Matisyahu
G. Love & Special Sauce
My Morning Jacket
Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
Steel Pulse
Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove
Cat Power
Medeski Martin & Wood
Nickel Creek
Gomez
Atmosphere
Steve Earle
Blues Traveler
Amadou & Mariam
Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks
Dresden Dolls
Son Volt
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Jerry Douglas
Soulive
Rusted Root
Devendra Banhart Band
Donavon Frankenreiter
Mike Doughty
Sasha
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
The Magic Numbers
Bill Frisell
Seu Jorge
Bettye LaVette
Dungen
Shooter Jennings
Rebirth Brass Band
Robinella
Andrew Bird
Steel Train
Jackie Greene
Devotchka
The Wood Brothers
dios (malos)
Toubab Krewe
The Motet
Marah
I-Nine
Balkan Beat Box
The Cat Empire

Added:
LES CLAYPOOL
OYSTERHEAD (Trey Anastasio, Les Claypool, Stewart Copeland)

Umphrey's McGee / Disco Biscuits - Special Late Night Tent Show

For those who don't know..

It's more or less hundreds of thousands of people rolling around in the mud, fucking, getting high, and being more or less retarded for three full days while being in the middle of a field in 90+ degree weather.

crowdshot.jpg

19543479_918d7a1a1f.jpg

And yes, people have died. I don't see the appeal, but to each their own.

//edit: But if I did, I'd be hyped to see Radiohead, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Ben Folds, Beck, Blues Traveler, Mike Doughty and The Magic Numbers.

True, but its hella fun and theres great music all the time. I dont care about the drugs (im clean now) and I love music and hippies... so its amazing.

i went the first year. i think we were the only ones that thought ahead and brought a heavy duty boat cooler. our ice lasted 3 days in 100 degree heat...our beer estimate of 10 cases was right on too...drank the last one as we were pulling out of the field. didn't see any drugs though:whistle2:\"

ice and water lines were more than a quarter mile long and selling for $4 a bag/bottle. other than that if was fun, but you have to abandon your hippie/slacker ways and put some planning into it or you'll go broke, leave early, or die. some really smart people brought their babies and kids. best thing to do is chip in and rent a RV to live out of for the duration.

funniest thing was when the wind would blow out across the field, tents would go hundreds of feet in the air. dumbasses didn't stake them in the ground, so when the heat generated gusts of wind rolled over us, tents were launched and kinda floated away like a kite or balloon.

[quote name='Scorch']It's more or less hundreds of thousands of people rolling around in the mud, fucking, getting high, and being more or less retarded for three full days while being in the middle of a field in 90+ degree weather.[/QUOTE]

The other 362 days of the year, we call this "Tennessee."

IKIK

Oh man! get rid of the jambands and that's a pretty killer line up. probably the best bonnaroo yet. Where else can you see Radiohead, the jicks (i know, they opened for radiohead), Beck, damian marley, buddy guy, MMW, atmosphere, cat power etc. in one place.

Anyone know who's playing the late night set? mmw would be hot.

[quote name='Scorch']For those who don't know..

It's more or less hundreds of thousands of people rolling around in the mud, fucking, getting high, and being more or less retarded for three full days while being in the middle of a field in 90+ degree weather.

And yes, people have died. I don't see the appeal, but to each their own.

//edit: But if I did, I'd be hyped to see Radiohead, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Ben Folds, Beck, Blues Traveler, Mike Doughty and The Magic Numbers.[/QUOTE]

the appeal is when you have actually been to one of these things and realize how much fun it is- with or without drugs. it's about letting yourself go and forgetting about your inhibitions for a few days...

but people die and get sick because they're stupid and can't take care of themselves outside of normal society.

You suck... I didnt need to hear that... I wish I could see tool again...

[quote name='Beana Blasta']Coachella Kicked You Ass Bonnaroo! Tool Is Headlining Day 2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='karmapolice']You suck... I didnt need to hear that... I wish I could see tool again...[/QUOTE]

Ive seen radio 2x now, This will be the first time i see depeche mode and the second time i see tool. The only thing that Bonnaroo has that i want to see is the mars volta, unless they arnt on the lineup

I have never seen radiohead, and its been a dream of mine to see them... I saw tool a few years ago and it was amazing, but I also saw APC so I'd rather see Radiohead than tool again. Mars Volta isnt playing this year (as of now). The list will get more people as time goes by. Most of the good jam bands dont enter till late (STS9, String Cheese Incident, and so on.)

[quote name='Beana Blasta']Ive seen radio 2x now, This will be the first time i see depeche mode and the second time i see tool. The only thing that Bonnaroo has that i want to see is the mars volta, unless they arnt on the lineup[/QUOTE]

somehow seeing devotchka and bonnie rait perform at the same concert seems odd. I don't know most of the names there though, so I'm not sure with one doesn't belong. Though the few I recognize seem to indicate the country singer is the odd one.

[quote name='Beana Blasta']Coachella Kicked You Ass Bonnaroo! Tool Is Headlining Day 2[/QUOTE]

High five! Crap I still need to find a hotel, most are 3 day minimum stayssss.

No respect for Elvis Costello and MMW? Y'all have bad taste in music.

$100 to anyone who goes and kicks Shooter Jennings in the junk, coupled with the message "You ain't no Hank Williams III, bitch!"

I'm not kidding, but I want photo proof.

bread's done
Back