Bonus 20% cash or 50% credit @ FYE - Now til 8/27?

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
It's been a while but it looks like its that time again. FYE is currently running their brown bag deal where if you fill up their promotional bag, or any other bag with items, you get either a bonus 20% for cash or 50% for credit

To break it down, If you have an item thats worth $15, you can bring it in the brown bag (or any other bag) and get either $18.00 for cash or $22.50 for credit.

If you are wondering how much your cd's/games/movies get at FYE, a good place to check is www.secondspin.com . Their game TIV's are usually spot on, DVD's & CD's can vary between 10-25% between Secondspin's TIV and the actual FYE TIV.

Pic of bag behind the spoiler:
fyebag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig']

Tomorrow is the 20% off coupon sale at BL, I'll be picking up 2 sets each of :whistle2:# and :whistle2:# (they have at least 10 of each, so Dino can still get hers).
[/QUOTE]

I would edit your post. Corporate is on top of it plus the Slickdealers will hoard and ruin any other deal you may find. Don't send those $3 sets to fye/secondspin/suncoast/wherehouse. I got banned for only 2 sets of each but this was several days ago (on tues i think). The ban comes from corporate.

I sent my extras of one of those to amazon for $10.50 each in credit :applause:. I see the value has now dropped to $5.

Search on the web for other places to send your dvds

[quote name='Japakneez'] I got banned for only 2 sets of each but this was several days ago (on tues i think). The ban comes from corporate.
[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, did you choose cash for any of your trades, and how many stores did you trade at?

I think they have caught on to as at Fye. I went in today to trade in boxsets from Big lots. I had the following

Flintstones Season 2 and Season 5
Pebbles BamM Complete Show
Wacky Races complete show
Top Cat complete show
Poppy Sailor 1933-1938
Dasterdly and Mutterly

and they offered me 18.25 with the bump and 22.50 total for all of them sets. I heard them saying in the background about Big lots and trading in too many sets. I noticed when they were ringing stuff up that money was disappearing. I ended up taking my dvds back home but they took my brown bag and said they had to since they were out of them and people were reusing them.

Having to have a "bag" at FYE is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of for their stuff. You should have held onto your brown bag unless the transaction was completed, then told them to fuck off if they tried to take it from you despite you not making any trades. No wonder FYE is in financial trouble.

[quote name='averageguy']I think they have caught on to as at Fye. I went in today to trade in boxsets from Big lots. I had the following

Top Cat complete show
Poppy Sailor 1933-1938
Dasterdly and Mutterly

and they offered me 18.25 with the bump and 22.50 total for all of them sets. I heard them saying in the background about Big lots and trading in too many sets. I noticed when they were ringing stuff up that money was disappearing. I ended up taking my dvds back home but they took my brown bag and said they had to since they were out of them and people were reusing them.[/QUOTE]
I just checked all those on Secondspin and they are $2 or way less, .05 and .10 on some of them. I got some credit out of this deal, but maybe it will slow down the hoarders from getting stuff people actually want to keep. I saw a full case of the new Hanna Barbara stuff at the flea market this week. Ugh

I know its posted in the DVD forum, but this coupon is definitely worth it for anyone who is looking to spend some credit.

bspcoupon07202009.jpg

Picked up Watchmen & Coraline on Blu-ray for $18.90 each, both also had a $5 MIR. Considering the Cash to credit conversion, its a great deal.

Does it have to fit in the brown bag? I have a rock revolution bundle I got for 7 at Kmart, secondspin says 20 in credit. Maybe I can shove it in the bag :)

[quote name='averageguy']I think they have caught on to as at Fye. I went in today to trade in boxsets from Big lots. I had the following

Top Cat complete show
Poppy Sailor 1933-1938
Dasterdly and Mutterly

and they offered me 18.25 with the bump and 22.50 total for all of them sets. I heard them saying in the background about Big lots and trading in too many sets. I noticed when they were ringing stuff up that money was disappearing. I ended up taking my dvds back home but they took my brown bag and said they had to since they were out of them and people were reusing them.[/QUOTE]

Who told you those titles traded in for good money?

[quote name='donniedroc']dino,

Are you upset that you can't pick up a copy of the Dallas box set to find out who killed J.R. Ewing? Or hoping to catch up on the Dukes of Hazard? Wanting to see what your parents liked about Knots Landing?

What do you care if Bezerker picked up multiple copies of bad 80s soap operas? The ONLY reason why anyone on CAG would want these is to flip at FYE...simple as that. This isn't Cheap Ass DVD Box Sets of the 80s Collector (CADBSOT8C).[/QUOTE]

Those are some pretty lame insults. You should also refrain from speaking in such definitive terms. Not everyone here is the same age and has the same interests. Everyone has different things that entertain them and different reasons for buying certain items. So no, flipping is not the only reason to buy any of these. Some people may actually enjoy some of these shows and would be extremely interested in picking them up at such a price.

Well just went back to another Fye
took
Flintstones Season 2 11.94
Flintstones Season 5 11.94
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP 6.63
Popeye 1933-1938 17.25 after bonus

Not too shabby paid 15 dollars for all total
and got 47.25 with the bonus 20% and 25%

[quote name='Bezerker']
Picked up Watchmen & Coraline on Blu-ray for $18.90 each, both also had a $5 MIR. Considering the Cash to credit conversion, its a great deal.[/QUOTE]

What was the base price? As I recall, they were preselling Watchmen for $28 or so. 25% off is $21. How did you get $18.90?

Edit: ok you used your BSP. So the calculation goes:

$27.99 - 10% BSP - 25% coupon = $18.90 + tax. Minus $5MIR = deal!

Some prices arent accurate from secondspin to fye. I went to trade in brothers in arms hells highway for ps3 because it said i would get 9 bucks on second spin and fye offered me one dollar. Wont be headed there again

[quote name='jdlmm80']Some prices arent accurate from secondspin to fye. I went to trade in brothers in arms hells highway for ps3 because it said i would get 9 bucks on second spin and fye offered me one dollar. Wont be headed there again[/QUOTE]

I've found that sometime it's regional. The online sources (secondspin, wherehouse, etc.) are national. It's happened to me that the TIV dropped vs. the online TIVs or they didn't take anymore because they already have too many copies on hand.

Some questions:
Is secondspin accurate?
Do they take multiple copies?
Do you have to have the bag filled to the brim?

The reason is a Big Lots out of town has like +20 copies of Roots: The Complete Collection, and I wanna get Bleach season 3....or some other anime.

I am glad I made the profit I did off the flips, but it's still very tempting to know that they haven't caught on to all of the profitable flips. Has anyone else that was banned tried to go back and trade to see if the ban was temporary?

lol Fye. I swear, if it weren't for Trade in Values and occassional clearances on last gen games, I wouldn't have a reason to ever set foot in their stores.

I didn't do any of these profitable flips I'm reading about (no Big Lots around here)but the guy doing trade ins gave me a hard time when I tried to trade in anime starter sets. The values were already low, and he was trying to reduced them even further. He messed up when he did it on Saint Seiya Collection (which came with all the discs) and I called him out on it (he scanned the value of it just a few minutes earlier).

All stores were notified back in mid July the deal is running til at least the September promo book comes out (usually mid August). Up to the store to actually be competent, as usual.

[quote name='Bezerker']All stores were notified back in mid July the deal is running til at least the September promo book comes out (usually mid August). Up to the store to actually be competent, as usual.[/QUOTE]

Thank God.

I've been waiting for this deal to pop back up, but haven't been paying attention. I didn't see this thread until just now and fye is not on my normal shopping route..

anyone know the status of this promo? i just blew most of my $350 credit on boxsets, and I have a huge stack of games/DVDs I wanna trade...

bread's done
Back