CPU 2.9Ghz
1GB of RAM
DirectX 9 capable

I have:
CPU 0.7 Ghz
RAM 384 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400

What do I do?

Buy a new computer. No amount of overclocking would allow you to achieve those requirements.

It only requires 2.2Ghz, but you still need a new computer. Though I'm sure you knew that before you posted this. Because the only reason you would ask this question is to be funny, right?

Does the fact that I have other things(games) downloaded on my computer, If I uninstall those, will I have the capabilities.

PS: I know very little bout' computers

[quote name='pop311']Does the fact that I have other things(games) downloaded on my computer, If I uninstall those, will I have the capabilities.

PS: I know very little bout' computers[/QUOTE]

r.o.f.l.

[quote name='The VGM']r.o.f.l.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, soooooooooo much

What kinda computer do you guys reccomend, seriously

What are you looking to do with it? Play the latest games? How good is "good enough" for you? Are you up for building a PC yourself? What are you looking to spend?

$1000+ easily.

A gig of RAM
A very suitable graphics card

is going to run you up big time from whoever you buy from.

Just this midrange system from Dell I slapped together would run you $1409

XPS 400 Pentium® D Processor 830 with Dual Core Technology (3GHz, 800FSB)
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
Monitors Introductory Offer! - 19 inch E193FP Analog Flat Panel
Video Cards 256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce 6800
Hard Drives 80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)

Which will still give you weak sound and just-decent graphics.

I have no prebuilt gaming machine advice. It's a waste of money.

Play HL2 with relative ease? :rofl:

Nothing plays that with relative ease. Most computers can't even play it with much difficulty. Mine plays it just fine, but it is very taxed in doing so...

It would definately be cheaper and less labor/time intensive to just buy a new computer than to attempt to upgrade your current one. Though clearing up hard drive space by uninstalling old games will improve performance, hard disk read times are the least of your performance issues and practically negligible considering any other performance demanded by the game.

HL2: Lost Coast is a brief 15 minute tech demo of HDR technology.

Have you already played HL2 ? It just seems odd to me you would want to play the add on level yet your computer wouldn't be able to handle the original HL2...

[quote name='pop311']My computer CAN handle HL 2[/QUOTE]

You mean it CAN run HL2 at 10 frames per second at very low resolution.
the rest of us are indeed impress. WOW.

I have a 600mhz pc and it is really slow relative to my 3.2Ghz pc.
I think it is time for you to buy a new computer.
:)

:rofl:.....Hmmmm....this is really really funny or just sad and pathetic if true. Dude, just buy a new top of the line (ergo the most expensive one you can find) computer since you obviously have no clue on them.

:whistle2:# I'll hold my tongue on this one. :D But I will say buy what you can afford and don't cut corners. You get what you pay for when it comes to PC's.

As a note, my coworker just built a system from monarchcomputer.com and it was an AMD x2 3800 dual core, an x800xl graphics card and 2 gigs of ocz ram for just under 1400. THat dell xps system is overpriced and not very good. I spent 1700, that had at the time just under top of the line(an x800xt pe instead of an x850 xt pe.) I put mine together but still. that dell price is terrible. My advice to the OP, if you want a new machine, do research and start finding the best components, and a retailer that will give you what you want at the right price.

It really would be cheaper to buy components piece by piece than to buy a pre-built one. My advice is to get a friend who is computer savvy and work with him to pick out parts and have him assemble it for you. Offer him something like $50-$100; it'd still be cheaper than if you bought from a company.

[quote name='dafunkk12']It really would be cheaper to buy components piece by piece than to buy a pre-built one. My advice is to get a friend who is computer savvy and work with him to pick out parts and have him assemble it for you. Offer him something like $50-$100; it'd still be cheaper than if you bought from a company.[/QUOTE]
And it won't be full of distributor crap.

I know that the most cost efficent way of building a computer is to build it yourself, I was wondering if I wanted to purchase a monitor with the computer would it be worth it. Dell discounts their monitors greatly with a computer purchase, and they are known to have pretty good flat panels.

So, assuming I am in the market for a 19 inch flatpanel, would it be worth it?

Ok, first we need some liquid nitrogen for a heat dump and 100% pure ethyl alcohol for your coolant. Set up your water pump with this stuff in place. Next put some racing stripes and a #3 dale earnhardt sticker on the side of the case. This will without a doubt boost your MHz by 120% and your RAM will be tripled. Finally use a memory doubler which can easily be purchased in the last free city of newark.

If it fails drink the super chilled ethyl alcohol until you get alcohol poisoning and as your breathing and heart beat slow you might be able to get a hallucination of the lost coast. If not just try hitting alt+F4

It's time to buy a new one. Black friday is around the corner you might be able to find a gem at a decent price. Keep your eyes open.

[quote name='brendan424']Ok, first we need some liquid nitrogen for a heat dump and 100% pure ethyl alcohol for your coolant. Set up your water pump with this stuff in place. Next put some racing stripes and a #3 dale earnhardt sticker on the side of the case. This will without a doubt boost your MHz by 120% and your RAM will be tripled. Finally use a memory doubler which can easily be purchased in the last free city of newark.

If it fails drink the super chilled ethyl alcohol until you get alcohol poisoning and as your breathing and heart beat slow you might be able to get a hallucination of the lost coast. If not just try hitting alt+F4[/QUOTE]
LOL:rofl:

bread's done
Back