Bootleg GB/GBC games?

Rusty Ghia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I recently bought a GBASP so that I can play all of the Gameboy and Gameboy Color games that I missed out on so I just want to know if a) should I be worried about counterfeit games and b) how do I tell if they are fakes?

I know how to tell real from fake GBA games, so I'm not asking about that.

Also, any recommendations for GB/GBC games would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know how to recognize a counterfeit from a real GBC game, but if you haven't already played them, I HIGHLY reccomend the Pokemon games, Metal Gear Solid, and Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons

I also recommend the first zelda game for the GB and GBC, Zelda Link's Awakening. Also get Donkey Kong as well. Those two games can be gotten for pretty cheap and they rock.

Monopoly GBC
Uno GBC (They ruined both of these when they redid them for GBA & DS)
Tetris Attack GB (No other version can match this one. It's just not the same without Yoshi & friends)
Bionic Commando: Elite Forces GBC
Boomer's Adventure In Asmik World GB
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters GB
Super R.C. Pro-Am GB
Revenge Of The Gator (Pinballs) GB
Motocross Maniacs GB
CosmoTank GB

Metal Gear Solid GBC is indeed an awesome game, but seems quite hard to find now.

As for bootleggery: I really don't think individual game knockoffs really happened until GBA other than the xx-in-one multi-game carts and the quadrillion fake versions of PokeMon, but as you can see in the link, they're not very hard to spot.

Buying a used cart-only GBC game from a seller in the states for $3 + shipping is completely different than buying GTA:Chinatown Wars brand new for $16.96 from Hong Kong.

dude if you are a fan. Harvest Moon 3 is a keeper. And don't be worried about conterfeit games. To be honest, no one cares enough to do that too much these days. Most stuff you buy online will be legit. If anything it would be placed on an R4 or a jump pack or something. Should be fine.

All GB/GBC games should work fine on a GBASP even if it is pirated. The only way that I know to spot a face GB/GBC is to look at the label to see if it looks fake, and then on the connector pins above it should say copyright nintendo and a year. I am know the copyright is true for the GBA games, not 100% on GB/GBC. Just don't buy off of ebay especially if it ships from china or hong kong.

bread's done
Back