Borderlands 2 $30 + FSSS Amazon X360/PS3

Good to see that Amazon has pricematched this week's Best Buy sale. Now maybe I can convince my brother to get the game.

And yeah, lowest that I've seen was on Amazon, where I got it for $25 during BF. I have definitely gotten my money's worth so far.

[quote name='parKer']Good to see that Amazon has pricematched this week's Best Buy sale. Now maybe I can convince my brother to get the game.

And yeah, lowest that I've seen was on Amazon, where I got it for $25 during BF. I have definitely gotten my money's worth so far.[/QUOTE]

It was $20 for a limited time on Amazon around BF when they took off $5 more than they advertised by accident.

[quote name='Zolor23']It was $20 for a limited time on Amazon around BF when they took off $5 more than they advertised by accident.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that was a Gamespot Black Friday show price

[quote name='Zolor23']It was $20 for a limited time on Amazon around BF when they took off $5 more than they advertised by accident.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about a legitimate sale price, not pricing errors.

[quote name='parKer']Good to see that Amazon has pricematched this week's Best Buy sale.[/QUOTE]
Hoping they pricematch sleeping dogs for ps3 too the xbox version is 29.99 but ps3 39.99

[quote name='AugustAPC']Waiting for GOTY version. Game is really overrated, IMO.[/QUOTE]

It was my GOTY. To each his own though.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Waiting for GOTY version. Game is really overrated, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Have fun waiting until late 2013 or early 2014. 3rd DLC pack out tomorrow, 4th out in March/April.

Lots of content available for $30 and you know the GotY Edition for this will launch at $50 or $60 so why not get the core game plus season pass now when people are still playing it vs. when everyone is switching to the new XBox system?

My thought exactly. Overrated or not (I'm leaning towards not), it's more fun for me now while people are still interested in playing it. I got Little Big Planet so late that hardly anyone wanted to play because they've already beat it or got all the trophies a year earlier or already sold/traded the game. So now for some games, I won't wait for GOTY editions, especially if there's co-op.

It's 2013. That means that the inevitable Game of the Year edition of Borderlands 2 is right around the corner. Anyone who isn't holding out for that is wasting their time and money.

Borderlands 1 didn't have bad DLC. It was pretty rotten of Gearbox to reserve an entire character class (and arguably the best one) as paid DLC for Borderlands 2.

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']It's 2013. That means that the inevitable Game of the Year edition of Borderlands 2 is right around the corner. Anyone who isn't holding out for that is wasting their time and money.

Borderlands 1 didn't have bad DLC. It was pretty rotten of Gearbox to reserve an entire character class (and arguably the best one) as paid DLC for Borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]

GOTY will probably be summer at the earliest. This plus a season pass is $60 which is not terrible. Mechromancer wasn't worked on until the game shipped, it wasn't on disc or really nefarious on their part.

[quote name='parKer']My thought exactly. Overrated or not (I'm leaning towards not), it's more fun for me now while people are still interested in playing it. I got Little Big Planet so late that hardly anyone wanted to play because they've already beat it or got all the trophies a year earlier or already sold/traded the game. So now for some games, I won't wait for GOTY editions, especially if there's co-op.[/QUOTE]

with my backlog, i probably would not even get to it till 2014, lol . So i can wait, and i also have no intention of playing co-op anyway

Preordered the game from BB but sold it unopened. Bought the game on Black Friday. Bought the season pass during the XBLA holiday sale. Redeemed preorder Best Buy bonus for free Mechromancer class. Win.

[quote name='Iron Angel']I hear ya on the backlog. Freakin CAG :lol:[/QUOTE]

u know what is even worst, i still have a copy of borderlands sealed in my backlog, LMao

Overrated? What? It has everything everyone has ever wanted in a sequel to Borderlands. The only complaints I've seen were level cap and inventory related as of late. Some people are also upset with every DLC having raid bosses. They addressed the raid bosses by making them a lot weaker in play thru one to the point where they are soloable and their level is dropped to 32.

I've put in a good 150+ hours into this game and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Every DLC has been pretty good. I really enjoyed Torgue's campaign and thought Oasis was OK. I'm sure the latest DLC will be pretty good. I mean, after all your paying for mini-campaigns when the main one was beefy enough.

I know everyone has opinions but I can't see anyone being a fan of the first game NOT liking Borderlands 2. If you didn't like Borderlands 1 this won't change your mind much, but as a fan of the original It's hard not to give this a GOTY nod, or at the very worst high recommendations since it does pretty much everything right for a sequel.

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']It's 2013. That means that the inevitable Game of the Year edition of Borderlands 2 is right around the corner. Anyone who isn't holding out for that is wasting their time and money.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably in the minority, but the original game content on disc was more than enough for me so I won't be buying a season pass anyway.

I bought the game during BF and have played it pretty consistently since then to the point where I'm ready to move onto something else. I've finished the story twice and I'm now just playing to help friends farm or level up faster. I don't care about legendaries, 50-leveling every character, and what-not as I don't keep games after having played through the main story (if there is one).

Got it for $25 on Amazon and trading it in to Best Buy for $26 this week. Sure, a "waste" of my time and money. ;)

[quote name='YBX87']with my backlog, i probably would not even get to it till 2014, lol . So i can wait, and i also have no intention of playing co-op anyway[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting through the game solo.
"You. Will. Die. (Seriously.)"

[quote name='MSUHitman']Have fun waiting until late 2013 or early 2014. 3rd DLC pack out tomorrow, 4th out in March/April.

Lots of content available for $30 and you know the GotY Edition for this will launch at $50 or $60 so why not get the core game plus season pass now when people are still playing it vs. when everyone is switching to the new XBox system?[/QUOTE]

I certainly will have fun waiting. I have tons of games to play. Games that I find far more enjoyable.

As for the GOTY version coming out too late. It really doesn't matter when it comes out. When it does, it will bring a resurgence of players, enough to where I'll be able to find people to play it with. And then I'll have saved lots of money and be able to experience the game in its entirety. :)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If you didn't like Borderlands 1 this won't change your mind much, but as a fan of the original It's hard not to give this a GOTY nod, or at the very worst high recommendations since it does pretty much everything right for a sequel.[/QUOTE]

You've answered your own question. Borderlands was okay... I didn't dislike it... but it wasn't any huge departure from standard FPSs. I'm still waiting for the genre to actually take leaps and bounds with games like Mirror's Edge. All these FPSs feel like they start with a rough copy of CoD and build upon it. It's cool that they're adding some RPG elements... but they're extremely tame in Borderlands. I don't feel like the game is doing anything to innovate in the genre. God the AI was pathetically exploitable, too.

If you don't like Borderlands then why are you even waiting to buy the GOTY edition?

And what exactly is the plan? Buy the GOTY at release for $60 instead of buying it now for $30 + cost of DLC (about $30)? Or just continue waiting even longer for the GOTY to drop in price?

And all this for a game you don't even enjoy?

[quote name='AugustAPC']
As for the GOTY version coming out too late. It really doesn't matter when it comes out. When it does, it will bring a resurgence of players, enough to where I'll be able to find people to play it with. And then I'll have saved lots of money and be able to experience the game in its entirety. :)[/QUOTE]

Count me in this camp. My New Year's resolution is to plow through at least some of my backlog before buying any new games (except Ni No Kuni). I enjoyed the first BL but sort of got burnt out on it by the time the final DLC pack came out. This time I'll wait for GOTY and get everything on disc (hopefully Mechromancer too) and actually own it.

Got super lucky. My copy that I ordered yesterday around 5PM, just arrived like an hour ago. Is amazon the shit, or what?

If you have no games to play (highly doubt for most here) def. pick this up. Many hours of gameplay for $30, and when the eventual goty edition comes out just trade this one in to lower the price.

I hope some got a little lucky at picking their spots for buying this game and the DLC. I got the game on BF for $25, the Mechro pack during the 2K sale for $5 and the season pass for $22.50 during the holiday live sale. $52.50 for essentially the GOTY edition is not bad :)

I'm currently on my 2nd playthrough and this game IMO, is my game of the year.
$30 is a great price for it if you can pick it up.

[quote name='crimsongrey06']I hope some got a little lucky at picking their spots for buying this game and the DLC. I got the game on BF for $25, the Mechro pack during the 2K sale for $5 and the season pass for $22.50 during the holiday live sale. $52.50 for essentially the GOTY edition is not bad :)

I'm currently on my 2nd playthrough and this game IMO, is my game of the year.
$30 is a great price for it if you can pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the Mechro pack during the 2k sale for $5, got the season pass for free for pretending to be an Argentinian, and just ordered the game yesterday from Amazon (gohastings) for $20 "very good".

I also ordered Xcom for a bit under $30 yesterday (played the demo over the weekend and realized I had to have this game). Used my Christmas gift $50 Amazon gift card. Total cost to me for Xcom and Borderlands 2 with all DLC... less than $10. I got a little lucky... :)

For those of you waiting for the GOTY version, won't it be $60 when it comes out?
This + season pass = $60 (same thing). :whistle2:k:whistle2:s

[quote name='khoido']For those of you waiting for the GOTY version, won't it be $60 when it comes out?
This + season pass = $60 (same thing). :whistle2:k:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
i am waiting till the goty version hits $20-30, which will probably be in 2014 or 2015. Especially, with my backlog I can wait that long

bread's done
Back