Borderlands 2 Diamond Plate Loot Chest In Stock @ Thinkgeek - $99.99

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Thinkgeek just sent out the email saying that the new Loot Chest is in stock.  Its $99.99 (Save an additional $20 with coupon code RETAILMEDAD) and comes with a lot of good stuff, even for those like me who already have the 1st loot chest:

• Includes:
    Diamond Plate Loot Chest
  • Loot Chest Certificate of Authenticity
  • A rare vacuform Goliath mask w/ SHiFT code that unlocks the head in-game
  • 20 Trading cards with SHiFT codes that unlock Legendary items in game
  • Vault Hunters Wanted Poster
  • Window Decals for Hyperion, Jakobs, Maliwan, and more

[*]Dimensions of Loot Chest: approx. 18" long x 8" deep x 6.25" tall
f497_loot_locker_embed.jpg

Link:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/?cpg=54424221&msg_id=54424221&et_rid=930702101&linkid=54424221_image_+f497#tabs

Last edited by a moderator:
How bizarre that right after they send out the gone forever email it comes back in stock. Whatever, not missing it again. I just want the chest itself to store my SNES carts in.

I kind of thought I wanted one, specifically for the actual chest. Now that I have watched an unboxing I am going to pass.

I wanted a BO2 Care Package too, but passed on that. I really wish someone would make one of these cool boxes out of high-quality plastic, something really durable. I want one that is Pelican Case quality, like something I would store a tactical radio in. I think I would pay a few hundred bucks for something like that.

I actually thought the BO2 Care Package was very well made. It is made of tough, thick plastic. I use it to store stuff.

As far as the Borderlands 2 box, I probably would get it only for the loot cards. Seems like there is a good number of legendaries and rare items in there.

Wasn't this supposed to be limited to 5,000 or something? I can't find any info on that anymore. Plus, it's supposed to be on sale at other places too (like Forbidden Planet). 

Wasn't this supposed to be limited to 5,000 or something? I can't find any info on that anymore. Plus, it's supposed to be on sale at other places too (like Forbidden Planet).
I noticed that too, however it's still supposedly "limited", this only came in stock once through ThinkGeek, right?

I remember ThinkGeek was supposed to have two waves, the first wave where they sold out incredibly fast and now this, which came unexpected for me since we did all receive those "discontinued" emails. So split between the three places that got these, did they ever actually sell all 5k I wonder?

Anyways, according to the email I received:

The Borderlands 2 Loot Chest is back!

In the Diamond Plate Loot Chest, you'll find a Goliath Replica Mask for you, a code for an in-game Goliath head for your characters, Legendary Item cards and more! It also comes with a Certificate of Authenticity that proves that you are the best Borderlands fan ever to live.

The first wave of these limited edition swag-filled loot chests sold out in 3 hours. So don't delay. We only have a limited number of these bad boys and we're not sure how long they'll last.
But I did notice there wasn't anything specifically mentioning that this will be their last batch.

They probably should bundled this thing with Borderlands 2 GOTY.  And the loot chest should have different colors than previous loot chests.

Oh man, look at all the morons on eBay trying to profit big. They're all going to Disney World on the twenty dollars they make! Man, eBay morons... Seriously, if you're wasting time and effort for $20 or $30 (while making others waste an extra $70+), then you clearly need a freaking job.

bread's done
Back