Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

Zero is also a melee class. I never really used the sniper tree. Shotguns and melee attacks with him are brutal! His deception skill lets you sneak in quickly and unleash on mobs. I could take out a entire camp without coming out of deception and being noticed.

If you want Elemental then you want Maya. You can build her like I did in going 1/2 down the healing tree, then switching over to the elemental tree.

Go down the healing tree until you hit level 20 (5 in Sweet Release, 5 in Restoration, 1 for Res, 4 in Elated) then go down the elemental tree until you hit 46 (5 in Flicker, 5 in Helios, 1 for Acid Cloud, 4 in Backdraft, 5 in Reaper, 5 in Blight Phoenix, 1 for Ruin) then put the last 4 points in Sustenence back in the healing tree.

Pistols and repeaters are one gun class now, basically the repeaters are all pistols by Jakobs, everything else is pistols. Each gun maker has their own quirk now (Dahl burst fire when ADS, Torque are all explosive rounds, Maliwan are all elemental, Jakobs are all repeaters, Hyperion become more accurate the more times you fire, Tediore guns are thrown and explode when you reload as a new one teleports into your hand, Bandit have the largest ammo clips, etc.) Maya works best with elemental pistols, SMG's, snipers, and then shotguns for when you get surrounded or to fight the crystalisk enemies.

As a Lilith player in Borderlands 1, I'd definitely recommend Maya to start. (Though if you were primarily into Lilith for the stealth/sneak aspect of Phasewalk, Zer0 might be a better choice.)

Though I think the classes are a lot better balanced in 2 honestly. In 1 I sincerely felt like Siren was way OP compared to the others, but in 2 everyone has a lot to offer. Gaige is really great if you're going to be playing offline because the robot is almost like having another player.

Brother Daz has me thinking about Zero. Maya might be good, but idk if i really want to use the same type of character as i did the first game. Guess ill have to think about it more.

Yeah im planning on doing it solo. Not sure i want to spend 10 dollars on Gaige though. But she does look cool. But i read someone say she can be OP early but end up weaker at higher levels. I dont know.

Once i use the shift keys, is that it? I cant use them for another character too?

They keys are input in the menu, and it's shared amongst all your characters. You have a single pool of golden keys. When you use one, the chest gives you stuff the same level as your current character. There's also a locker in the main town that lets you store 4 items that your other characters can access, so you can pass down gear.

[quote name='elessar123']They keys are input in the menu, and it's shared amongst all your characters. You have a single pool of golden keys. When you use one, the chest gives you stuff the same level as your current character. There's also a locker in the main town that lets you store 4 items that your other characters can access, so you can pass down gear.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would try to hold off using keys until you're near the end of playthrough 1 at the earliest.

I wouldn't worry overmuch about running out of keys. There have been like 100+ codes so far; just follow the thread so you don't miss them while they're valid. Whenever you feel like your inventory is getting stagnant and you haven't found any good weapons for a few levels, spend a couple of keys.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I wouldn't worry overmuch about running out of keys. There have been like 100+ codes so far; just follow the thread so you don't miss them while they're valid. Whenever you feel like your inventory is getting stagnant and you haven't found any good weapons for a few levels, spend a couple of keys.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I agree with this. A good weapon for the 10s, and another for the 20s gets you through most of the first playthrough.

New code today:

PS3: CTWJT-9H55T-5CKKJ-ZBCTT-XHKWR
PC/Mac: WTWT3-596CW-ZKF33-TJ333-9JSRZ
360: WBKTJ-C56S5-HZFTF-WFBB3-XWJ5S

Edit: Don't seem to be working anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started an assassin character and played online co op with my son. I got him to level 18 and didnt spend any skill points. I started a single player game with that character, however even though he was level 18, I didnt have any points to spend. Is this character bugged or when can I spend skill points? Do I need to get to lvl 19 in single player to see the available points show up (should be quite a few unused points). Or do I need to get him to 19 online co op and spend all of the points there? I played a comando to mid 20's and a gunzerker to 28 and wanted to play with Zero, just didn't feel like grinding thru the early missions at low lvl again.

Not sure I'm understanding correctly, but here's some thoughts:

- If you started a new game, you created a NEW assassin in the process (lvl 1) and shouldn't have any skill points.

- If you continued your existing game, everything about that character should be identical to how you left it the last time you used it. Those skill points should still be there. Whether you use(d) it in a solo or co-op world has no bearing, AFAIK.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, it sounds like you may have just created a second Assassin without realizing. You can check by pressing Y on the title screen and seeing if your level 19 Assassin is there, and selected.

I selected the lvl 18 assassin and continued the game. He is early in the game with 0 skill points allocated and none unspent. The early quests yeild very little experience for me to get a level on. We are going to try to respec to see if that helps or power level him to 19 to see if that opens it up.

Sounds like a bug then. Though like you said, I would definitely try getting him to the next level and see if all of the missing skill points show up all at once.

Sorry to hear that. With any luck they'll all pop at the same time as ^ said.

On a lighter note, maybe this is a new feature to solve the level cap dilemma; characters with "leaky" skill trees.

It worked out and the character has the skill points. When the game 1st came out, I remember you could spam that vault box and make it keep popping out nice weapons. Now it makes you confirm the using the key before you open the chest right?

[quote name='tukai']It worked out and the character has the skill points. When the game 1st came out, I remember you could spam that vault box and make it keep popping out nice weapons. Now it makes you confirm the using the key before you open the chest right?[/QUOTE]

Right, shows you how many keys you have, a confirmation on opening the chest and then locks once you've opened it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']New code today:

PS3: CTWJT-9H55T-5CKKJ-ZBCTT-XHKWR
PC/Mac: WTWT3-596CW-ZKF33-TJ333-9JSRZ
360: WBKTJ-C56S5-HZFTF-WFBB3-XWJ5S

Edit: Don't seem to be working anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the last couple batches have expired rather quickly. Not sure if that's Gearbox's doing or if more gamers are redeeming them.

@GearboxSoftware: Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5B533-TR5ZW-TTHBR-WF3J3-KWZK9 [Active through February 24]

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1007/borderlands-2-hot-fixes--2-19

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
February 19, 2013
  • Mr. Torgue DLC: Fixed an issue where the Lootsplosion would not always trigger after defeating Piston.
  • Addressed instances of audio distortion tied to Axton's turret and kill skills.
  • Chere-amie sniper rifle and transfusion grenades no longer cause audio distortion.
  • Amp shots now use same sound effect regardless of whether player is client or host.
  • Assigned price to Anshin 'Evolution' shield so that players can sell it for money if desired.

[quote name='emg28']@GearboxSoftware: Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5B533-TR5ZW-TTHBR-WF3J3-KWZK9 [Active through February 24][/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Hey guys got a question: I spent the better part of last night trying to beat Master Gee with a buddy but got our asses kicked. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are levels 39 and 40 respectively if that helps. Also we just beat the main story part of pirates booty and found it a bit too easy. Is it possible to replay the DLC later in True vault hunter where the stuff scales to you?

Thanks.

[quote name='GhostShark']It's better to play the DLCs in TVHM the first time, to be honest.[/QUOTE]

How do you do that? is it an option in the DLC or am I just supposed to load my save in TVHM and just fast travel to those areas from sanctuary?

[quote name='bill123']How do you do that? is it an option in the DLC or am I just supposed to load my save in TVHM and just fast travel to those areas from sanctuary?[/QUOTE]
Select your character and it'll ask you if you wanna play normal or TVHM anything you did in normal doesn't carry over to TVHM you'll essentially be starting over with your gear

[quote name='bill123']Hey guys got a question: I spent the better part of last night trying to beat Master Gee with a buddy but got our asses kicked. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are levels 39 and 40 respectively if that helps. Also we just beat the main story part of pirates booty and found it a bit too easy. Is it possible to replay the DLC later in True vault hunter where the stuff scales to you?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]for gee watch a YouTube video. Basically just hide behind the entrance rock and shoot his worms occasionally, then just sit and wait. Took me about 15 minutes on normal.

[quote name='emg28']@GearboxSoftware: Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5B533-TR5ZW-TTHBR-WF3J3-KWZK9 [Active through February 24][/QUOTE]

Not working for me just after midnight on 2-23.

All I did was put in the Aliens game (already signed into PSN) and about half an hour or so later, I get an email from them saying the keys have been added. When you go into your BL2 game, you should get a prompt saying you've got the 3 keys.

I used a free Redbox game rental on Aliens. Glad I did because it wasn't worth the $2 even with the free 3 BL2 Golden Keys.

[quote name='One From Zero']5pk of golden keys (@DuvalMagic):

X360: WBCT3-CX3Z6-JB9JF-W6JTB-3RB9T[/QUOTE]

Thanks, still working as of 8:30am MST

I just want a damn level cap increase already. I've held off on Big Game Hunt because all four of my characters have been 50 since before new years and I'd rather have XP from completing it actually count towards something.

[quote name='blindinglights']I just want a damn level cap increase already. I've held off on Big Game Hunt because all four of my characters have been 50 since before new years and I'd rather have XP from completing it actually count towards something.[/QUOTE]

Buy the Mechromancer?

Not a great solution but I've enjoyed playing as her. She's actually my highest character by quite a bit. 2nd place being Zero at level ~11.

EDIT - Can't say I'm too excited about a melee character. My assassin is actually on the melee path and I think its one of the main reasons I started running around as Gaige instead. Unless they map melee attacks to one of the triggers, I can't see myself spending too much time punching people. Clicking an analog stick isn't as satisfying or consistent as pulling a trigger.

Hmm, yeah I haven't even tried the Assassin, you know Gunzerker, Siren and Mechromancer taking up most of my time (was Soldier in B1). Just doesn't seem like a direction I'd want to play with a game that's focused soooo much on guns lol.

I've never gotten motivated to start a second character. Already pretty tired of the game after the main game, 3 DLCs and being part way through the main game in TVHM.

So I just want more DLC and a level cap increase. A new character won't get me playing more.

I find it hilarious that in interviews the devs have said they track player levels and players not reaching the cap is the reason for no level increase yet. That is the very reason I have not reached the cap. When I started to get close I stopped playing to wait for the increase that never came.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What about Badass Points guys? Even when you're at the level cap you're still improving your character(s) every time you play.[/QUOTE]

Truth!

I don't think we'll ever see a good level increase. Wouldn't surprise me to see them only raise it 5 levels or so as to not "break" the game. It still baffles me that they didn't plan for a level cap increase from the get go.

True. I want more dlc content more than a level cap bump. I just have no motivation to finish the TVHM play through without a level cap raise since I'm not huge on replaying games and have a bunch of other things on the shelf to get through.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Hmm, yeah I haven't even tried the Assassin, you know Gunzerker, Siren and Mechromancer taking up most of my time (was Soldier in B1). Just doesn't seem like a direction I'd want to play with a game that's focused soooo much on guns lol.[/QUOTE]

You should try it Zer0 sometime. If you spec him correctly, he is killer with shotguns and pistols. I haven't used Zer0 with a 100% sniper build since I finished passthrough 1. In passthrough 2, I used him with a sniper/cunning build and used only Rubi and Jakobs shotguns.

Also, Axton is pretty nice with a slag turret and phalanx.

I've done the whole game, 3 DLC's and a bit of TVHM and am still only around a level 47.

Hopefully the level cap is substantial. I'd love to max out two full skill trees.

bread's done
Back