Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

Wow so is anyone else getting a compatibility pack loop? I've played with my friend and both times we've had to redownload the compatibility pack (starts from scratch too). There's talk about this loop and a solution back when the Sir Hammerlock DLC came out but really it's a lot of work and basically I run the risk of messing up DLC that way too. Wow, wtf!? Was looking forward to the Tiny Tina DLC in co-op with my buddy.

^I had that issue a while back as well, not sure how I ended up fixing it now.  

I actually just got around to finishing up the main story a couple nights ago.  Much easier boss fight than BL1, I died more times getting to the last part (damn RPG loaders one-shotting me) than in the last part itself.

Still have the DLC's and a couple odd side missions left, but I wont get to them for a while.  Working on too many other games at the moment.

New 5 key codes off borderlands facebook:

PC / Mac: KTWTT-KXJFK-ZCF3J-JTBT3-3SHZB
Xbox 360: WTCJJ-CFRHC-3T9BR-5FJBJ-SJJKX
PlayStation 3: 53CTJ-9FHKJ-5CC5J-9BC3B-6RSJ3
These codes will be active through June 25 -- be sure to use them before then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I seem to be stuck in the loop as well.

I haven't spent the time to research a fix, but do know that the last title update included code to clear out all previous compatibiliy packs (since they are cumulative). Browsing my BL2 dir, I still have all 3 and am continually reminded to download another. 

I will probably delete all 3 packs and grab the newest to see if that fixes it.

Ok so I deleted all the compatibility packs, interestingly I had one that was incomplete or corrupt with an exclamation point icon on it, and downloaded the latest cp last night. Went to play it today and was not prompted to download the cp again! Huzzah and that's a lot easier than that initial work around the forums suggested.

Thanks for posting your results. I'll go ahead and give it a shot as well.

People not having this problem might also consider checking their Borderlands 2 folder for multiple compatibility packs. Easy way to free up a half gig or so of storage.

Wow this Ghost King sequence is ultra gay. I mean I can't get my second wind because someone and their stupid shit is f'n me over! AHHHHHHH

new dlc is pretty nice so far! Craploads of ammo chests and drop rates - well - *to me* seem better. I'm seeing a decent amount of blue and purple and I'll be damn if me and my nephew didn't get a vanilla bee about an hour or so into it from one of the large treants. Can't complain about that.

Thanks for posting your results. I'll go ahead and give it a shot as well.

People not having this problem might also consider checking their Borderlands 2 folder for multiple compatibility packs. Easy way to free up a half gig or so of storage.
Thanks, I didn't realize it didn't overlay the previous one.

new dlc is pretty nice so far! Craploads of ammo chests and drop rates - well - *to me* seem better. I'm seeing a decent amount of blue and purple and I'll be damn if me and my nephew didn't get a vanilla bee about an hour or so into it from one of the large treants. Can't complain about that.
What level were you?

Probably the 2nd best expansion they made
The first being...? I just downloaded the season pass a couple days ago and have been playing through the Pirate one. I did the same thing with the first one, played the campaign through once then really got into once all the DLC was out. Not sure why I didn't learn my lesson the first time because this game is awesome.

I'm currently trying to level up since I started the true vault hunter mode and I'm having trouble getting through the first DLC I started.

Yeah initially I played with my Siren who just got to level 30 and I didn't find squat.

Just played as my level 50 Gunzerker and I was getting purple, blues and some sweet artifacts so definitely depends on your level.

Wow yeah the Ghost Kings were easier but still a pain in the ass to take out with their relentless skeleton goons supporting 'em.

Played through the story and a few sidequests last night, my level 50 Mechro didn't even get promoted to 51 yet. :p

Anyone want to group up tonight for Murderlin's arena and/or the raid boss?

The first being...? I just downloaded the season pass a couple days ago and have been playing through the Pirate one. I did the same thing with the first one, played the campaign through once then really got into once all the DLC was out. Not sure why I didn't learn my lesson the first time because this game is awesome.

I'm currently trying to level up since I started the true vault hunter mode and I'm having trouble getting through the first DLC I started.
Mr torques dlc was the best IMO of course

Claptrap's quest was hilarious. Yeah interestingly there are no vehicles in this DLC, which would make sense, so far.

Gearbox lieing again? I thought this was supposed to be the largest DLC they ever made? People are beating it in 6+ hours, General Knoxx was a helluva lot longer then that.

With that said I haven't tried this yet, but heard lots of good things outside of length.

Depends on exactly what you mean by "beat." I would say you're going to spend 5-7 hours on the main story and acquiring all of the achievements, if you have a good co-op group and/or play the raid boss on PT1 instead of PT2.

Unlike the previous DLCs though, you can get all of the achievements in Dragon Keep and still have a lot of optional quests and activities left over.

Played 3+ hours with a buddy last night.  Very enjoyable so far, other than we got stuck trying to get to the 3rd letter in the Dwarven mine section.  Watched a video, and it looks like we might have just missed a set of stairs in all our wandering around in circles when tired from playing too late! :D

Played 3+ hours with a buddy last night. Very enjoyable so far, other than we got stuck trying to get to the 3rd letter in the Dwarven mine section. Watched a video, and it looks like we might have just missed a set of stairs in all our wandering around in circles when tired from playing too late! :D
HA! Me and my nephew got stuck in that SAME situation. Walked all over the map and then headed back to the area we had last defeated enemies and sure enough - there's a little alleyway and some stairs leading down. The mines certainly are a bit confusing.

I'm really enjoying the dlc. I think I'm pretty close to beating it now. I've really enjoyed the humor. Best humor for me so far. May be the best dlc. I'm a sucker for medieval fantasy though I suppose. I got a blue "lightning bolt" grenade (red text) yesterday - pretty cool! While I haven't beaten this yet (so I haven't experienced the final loot) I'd rate it up there maybe at the top. Torgue was my least favorite - by a long shot.

Gearbox might be talking about just BL2 biggest dlc? Nothing has beaten Knoxx yet - that was an amazing dlc.

I got a blue "lightning bolt" grenade (red text) yesterday - pretty cool!
I don't know what class you're playing but one of my favorite things about this DLC is the slightly-unhinged way that Gaige shouts, "Lightning BOLT!" when you have that grenade equipped. :D

I enjoyed the D&D trappings of this DLC a lot. The Torgue and Hammerlock DLCs were fun but had a little bit of a Borderlands-by-numbers feeling, so this was a nice change of scenery.

Yeah you never know because some people just like to run through the game and "beat" the thing the quickest they can. I like to explore, I don't mind taking on a challenging few enemies the opposite direction of where I need to go. Sidequests, lol well yeah I do a lot of those too. I played the DLC for 9 hours total, started with mid level Siren and then started again as my higher level Gunzerker as I hit a difficulty wall.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, hmmm anyone know how to beat the My Dead Brother side quest?!
Don't the Relentless Skeletaurs just continue to get up!?

The ending:

I FELL OFF TWICE! 100 health Boss reset. (*(&^#&^&#&@&@*#&^@&#@@!

Finally, I took him out!

Just beat it. Really nice final boss battle. Tough as crap for me and my nephew(UVHM). Conference Call drop (lvl 58)! I always wondered what a cc was like - now I know!

We just went through the main quest - I think we did two side quests - but we'll be going back and doing the side quests as we both enjoyed this dlc. Length seems good to me - sure I'd take longer but I'm not really complaining.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, hmmm anyone know how to beat the My Dead Brother side quest?!
Don't the Relentless Skeletaurs just continue to get up!?
You must pull the sword from their backs to completely kill them

I don't know what class you're playing but one of my favorite things about this DLC is the slightly-unhinged way that Gaige shouts, "Lightning BOLT!" when you have that grenade equipped. :D
I play as the siren and her lightning bold and fireball voices aren't anything too exciting. I like Gaige's voice acting a lot though. Is it the same person that does Tiny Tina?

Ahhh, that would explain it. Yeah DLC was pretty freakin' hilarious, tons of fan fare here. Bunch of side quests and challenges left but man oh man the last fight was a pain. I seriously had the Handsome Sorcerer down to 25% health and got knocked off the edge, health reset and then again at I swear 5%, health reset.

Got a level 50 orange Legendary Conference Call though but yeah this entire DLC was very lackluster on "loot". There may be a time when loot is referenced and yet I'm just picking up money...

I play as the siren and her lightning bold and fireball voices aren't anything too exciting. I like Gaige's voice acting a lot though. Is it the same person that does Tiny Tina?
According to Wiki, Gaige is someone called Cherami Leigh who's done a bunch of anime. Tina is voiced by Ashly Burch from Hey Ash Watcha Playin', and sister of the game's writer Anthony Burch.

Thought this looked cool... Cross-posting for those not following the SHiFT thread over in the C&FS forum.

Saw these over at SD/orcz:

(Active until/thru 7/17)

GamesMaster Rewards SHiFT codes for -

(1) purple Bandit rocket launcher

(1) purple Love Thumper shield

(2) random blue or purple relics

(Items redeemed by first character loaded)

more info

PS3: WTKB3-WW35J-6RCCT-ZTW3B-RJKZZ

X360: 5JWBB-3KKWC-TS63J-J3TJT-9XTJ6

PC / Mac: CB5JB-WBHK9-5CHT6-KXB3B-TBJSX

All of the DLC save Tiny Tina and the costume packs is supposed to be on sale this week too, though I think the prices have not all updated yet.

I bought BL2 when it 1st came out but mistakenly redeemed the season pass on the wrong account i couldnt get straigtened out. It's finally fixed with a license transfer and I have all of the content, I am just starting out and would like to know when should i start the DLC, and I am level 1. Not sure even which character I will choose to play, most likely the assassin looking guy (zero?). I like to snipe and stay away from the mix when posible.

I thought that too about Zero but he is the least fun character, imo. If you're playing alone I would start out with on e of the "buddy" characters (mechro or commando).
I really thought Zero looked the coolest and would complement my playing style but he was just blah.

Krieg is a Gold Exclusive at $5, http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Psycho-Pack/bd064173-4745-4e29-a84e-d2d41409f337

Was running with my Siren playthrough, about level 34 and did the story missions to get to the Warrior - oh man do I freakin' hate Infiltrators against my Siren. Anyways yeah died multiple times trying to take that on and found a spot to snipe and pistol zoom the Warrior lol just above or around the screen that Gearbox added. Got him and the loot dropped but I couldn't pick up the orange drop! It must have taken me 5 minutes trying every particular method to get to the thing but it was underneath the Warrior. It was like 1AM and I'm like well f this, there's no way I'm going to be empty handed with this shit so finally I figured out if you stood atop the item and crouched you can pick it up! By taking out the Warrior I unlocked the new Ultimate mode and proceeded to go to level 35. Orange was a flack shotgun.

I didn't realize Tiny Tina was Ash from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing. That explains a lot of things, lol.

Anyway anyone got a decent solo/survivalist build for Axton. I am going back into the game tonight after a few months ands I wanna get a decent solo build going because I only play solo.

It's strange, Borderlands really shines with co-op but yeah I played Borderlands 1 when I had decent internet (satellite) but not latency free to play first person shooters online. 

I'd def recommend Commando since you get the turret which you can setup to heal you or replenish your ammo. You'll also be able to put down 2 turrets in the end too.

As for me I started Borderlands 2 with the Gunzerker since you can dual wield and I had already played Borderlands 1 as my Commando so I wanted something different - heck he's a new class.

As for builds, there are a ton of videos, here's some for the Commando.

bread's done
Back