Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='jdawgg76']5 Golden keys code from gearbox's website:

Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W

No mention of number of redemptions available or length of time active so hurry. Just used it myself so its still good as of 11:20 EST.[/QUOTE]
Still working 10:40pm EST

Just played about an hour of the DLC last night, it seems cool. The level you start in is enormous! But supposedly it's very short. People on my TA friend feed are already finished with all the achievements.

Is the compatibility thing resolved, I've been running the DLC with co-op mainly.

Ran around in the new Hammerlock's DLC with my ol' college roommate and finally got to level 50! I joined his game as a 47 (since last time he joined mine and loot was dropping to my level) and his level 50 boosted me right on up in about a few hours time! The Hunter's Grotto is a huge ass map and I'm liking it so far (was neat to see an old enemy from B1 show up). I'm pretty satisfied with my Gunzerker build, where my last point went into Auto-Load and about all of rampage is filled in. We late also tried a few varkid runs in Tundra Express but no rare boss spawned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Popped in Borderlands 2 after a 2 month hiatis. Went to load up my character and it's gone. I did however have another character ( Only a measly level 8 mechro ). I loaded the game up and somehow have all 19 of my golden keys back and my badass ranking was reset as well.

Was there anyway to recover a character that got deleted? I really didn't think I would have been affected by this.

Maybe the save got graveyarded before you shelved the game? I'd check saves for a file named 'graveyard.sav'. If you find one, I don't believe it's salvageable :(

I've been on the new DLC the last couple of nights. My Gunzerker is okay, a level 38, but I'm finding that I'm getting killed quite often.

I started a Mecromancer, and so far, I've found her to be a lot easier to play as. Especially the Deathtrap skill.

[quote name='preston181']I've been on the new DLC the last couple of nights. My Gunzerker is okay, a level 38, but I'm finding that I'm getting killed quite often.

I started a Mecromancer, and so far, I've found her to be a lot easier to play as. Especially the Deathtrap skill.[/QUOTE]
Yup DT is over powered.

[quote name='MSUHitman']5TKB3-R9CSW-S9XJX-C6BJT-BZFJ6 Shift code Pitchford sent out yesterday still working as of 5 AM.[/QUOTE]

Still good as of 10:30 am.

I re-did my Assassin earlier as a melee machine with a Rubi pistol, a melee/cooldown relic, a Legendary Hunter mod and a Hide shield. Nothing could really stop me thanks to the health returns from the Rubi and activating Deception early and often. Witch Doctors, Savages, etc. I'd just beat them to death.

Well, until I tried Voracidous. When I was playing with friends, he'd just constantly attack me and basically sit on top of me. Of course, when I went in with the melee stuff he'd down me and run away and there wouldn't be any natives to get up from.

I switched back though. Really effective combo, it's just running around and meleeing all the time seriously dampers the shooter aspect, especially with the control layout for meleeing (and I'm too lazy to see about adjusting it)

[quote name='One From Zero']Maybe the save got graveyarded before you shelved the game? I'd check saves for a file named 'graveyard.sav'. If you find one, I don't believe it's salvageable :([/QUOTE]

Yep. That sucks. Even though I love Borderlands I really don't feel like restarting the game. Probably just going to sell it now. Shame.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yep. That sucks. Even though I love Borderlands I really don't feel like restarting the game. Probably just going to sell it now. Shame.[/QUOTE]

There are save editors out there now, just recreate what you had and keep playing.

Yup so my buddy and I decided to spend some of our eridium and do "Dexiduous Eridium Totem Furnace, ignite all of them and spawn Dexiduous the Invincible." in the Grotto. So yeah that boss is NOT WORTH IT! No legendary or orange drops - a few blues and purples -and it took like 45 minutes. Both of us died multiple times to loose tons of money where selling the loot from him probably made me even. ><

A trick that we learned though, fight this thing underneath the bridge (your HQ in the grotto) as his corrosive splash damage attacks hit the building 99% of the time. Try not to run out of ammo, shit he has tons of health.

So if I'm still on playthrough 1 and I start Sir Hammerlock, what level will the guys/quests be? The other 2 DLC's were guys level 29-32 and all the quests were level 30, but those are meant to be done mid-game and this DLC, if I heard correct, is designed to be done post game.

Basically after finishing almost all of the sidequests from the main game and completing 90% of the Scarlett DLC and the main story of Torque I'm level 37 and wanting to have to grind as little as possible in playthrough 2 to get to level 50.

The best way to get to level 50 is to join a game/friend who's higher level and they'll push you right on up with all the experience, aside from you dying a lot lol.

Yeah but the enemies scale a lot better in Hammerlock. I'm level 37 and all the regular enemies are 34-36. The bosses in this are going to be hard for me alone.

Apologies as this probably has been answered before, but what's a good level to start each DLC? My playthru 2 character got wiped somehow, didnt know until after I started downloading everything after buying the season pass, so I have to start over again.

Been wondering that myself. Found this post which sums it up nicely:

[quote name='Orc JMR']Campaign DLCs scale to player's level when you first visit them, but with restrictions in Normal. These are:

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty - levels 15 to 30.
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - levels 15 to 30.
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt - levels 30 to 35.

Upper bounds is what I observe when returning my level 50 from TVHM. Lower bounds are what I see when jumping there with a level 8 character.

Big Game Hunt is the only one definitely designed to be taken after the main quest - other two are actually a breeze if you are level 33-34 after the main quest, and especially when you complete them at 36-38.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's what happened with me as I just blew through all 3 DLC's these last few days (only have my main character, a now LVL 39 Siren.) When I booted BL 2 back up and did a few sidequests from the main game I hadn't completed yet plus the majority of quests in all 3 DLC's I went from LVL 34-39. Once I finish Hammerlock's side quests I should be Level 40.

There's a lot of things that aren't as good with the Hammerlock DLC, but the loot isn't one of them. Finally seeing items over level 30 and the INSANE amount of stuff in the treasure room at the end is awesome, especially w/multiple players. Got a LVL 39 Orange Bandit pistol that does almost 2k damage a shot, is corrosive, and it has a 90-bullet clip.

Scarlett is a great DLC to start early as you'll get around 50 eridium if you loot most of the chests and do most of the quests. Do Torgue after that and you'll probably hit the limit of 99 eridium which should help limit the amount of time you have to grind the slots in Moxxi's for eridium.

Definitely consider playing through Hammerlock with friends as the witch doctors in that area will be your worst nightmare and are tough even for players at level 42 like my friend who played with me was.

Whoa, lots of new DLC today. Looks like they're selling the new skins and heads as individual 2-packs at 80 points each. I don't think there's an option to buy everything in one download.

Finally finished the Torque DLC last night. Will move on to the newest DLC next.

I only have one character--a level 48 commando. Doing all the DLC in the middle of my TVM play through. Well, now that I think of it I did the Pirates on the normal playthrough, so that's available to do again on my TVM playthrough. I won't bother most likely. Maybe when they raise the level cap. But I'm more at the point of just trying to hit 50 and play the season pass DLCs as they come out. Not sure if I'll finish the TVM playthrough to be honest as I'm getting a bit burned out on the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok BL2 pros...

I finally got to Jack but Im only level 27 Assassin, should I go for it or wait awhile and do some side missions to get a nice weapon and level up more before I go heads up with him because that blue and red line for him seems to go all the way across my television lol

I'm going to use a gold key to see if that helps any

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Whoa, lots of new DLC today. Looks like they're selling the new skins and heads as individual 2-packs at 80 points each. I don't think there's an option to buy everything in one download.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a bit of a cash grab but since I play solo it does not bother me one bit. In fact it is weird that they emphasize this so much in a FPS where I cannot even see my character that often. It is not like Gears 3 where you see the changes all the time.

With the special edition skins, you get them in your inventory and then you can drop them for people who didn't have them.

I wonder if buying them unlocks them for you or if they are items put on your character and people can duplicate them. I can't imagine they would let that happen, but I didn't think it would work with the special edition ones either.

I think I read that the paid DLC skins and heads just appear in the customization station, with no item you could drop or trade. They learned their lesson from the special edition DLC. Speaking of, anybody have an SE Maya head they could drop for me? ;)

[quote name='dennisb407']Ok BL2 pros...

I finally got to Jack but Im only level 27 Assassin, should I go for it or wait awhile and do some side missions to get a nice weapon and level up more before I go heads up with him because that blue and red line for him seems to go all the way across my television lol

I'm going to use a gold key to see if that helps any[/QUOTE]

When I beat Jack on my assassin before it got corrupted, I think I was at 30 or 31, but it was a cakewalk, so I would think you would be fine.

[quote name='One From Zero']Been wondering that myself. Found this post which sums it up nicely:[/QUOTE]

Good find, thanks.

I finally started my second playthrough this weekend and good lord, i was not prepared to die so much.
I was doing fine until I got to Captain Flynt but kept dying. Is it supposed to be that much harder on 2nd second run through?

I'm level 33 right now. It sucks that after I beat the game on my first play, I got the Flakker, which I read is the worse "rare" gun in the game.

Should I farm the Warrior for better gear before I keep going?

[quote name='crimsongrey06']I finally started my second playthrough this weekend and good lord, i was not prepared to die so much.
I was doing fine until I got to Captain Flynt but kept dying. Is it supposed to be that much harder on 2nd second run through?

I'm level 33 right now. It sucks that after I beat the game on my first play, I got the Flakker, which I read is the worse "rare" gun in the game.

Should I farm the Warrior for better gear before I keep going?[/QUOTE]
Pt2 is definitely a lot harder than pt1. I wouldnt waste any time farming at your level. Do all that once you hit 50.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Finally finished the Torque DLC last night. Will move on to the newest DLC next.

I only have one character--a level 48 commando. Doing all the DLC in the middle of my TVM play through. Well, now that I think of it I did the Pirates on the normal playthrough, so that's available to do again on my TVM playthrough. I won't bother most likely. Maybe when they raise the level cap. But I'm more at the point of just trying to hit 50 and play the season pass DLCs as they come out. Not sure if I'll finish the TVM playthrough to be honest as I'm getting a bit burned out on the game.[/QUOTE]

Thing is DMaul everything scales better when played in TVHM so if you're wanting good loot go ahead and do Scarlett's DLC again. It should be close to level 50 in TVHM.

We were just discussing level on normal mode last night.

[quote name='dennisb407']Ok BL2 pros...

I'm going to use a gold key to see if that helps any[/QUOTE]

Go do some side quests, especially in Lynchwood if you haven't been there yet, and get to level 30. I think I was 32 when I beat the campaign.

[quote name='blindinglights']With the special edition skins, you get them in your inventory and then you can drop them for people who didn't have them.

I wonder if buying them unlocks them for you or if they are items put on your character and people can duplicate them. I can't imagine they would let that happen, but I didn't think it would work with the special edition ones either.[/QUOTE]

No there is no inventory item for these they go straight to your customization station so you cant trade them

[quote name='MSUHitman']Thing is DMaul everything scales better when played in TVHM so if you're wanting good loot go ahead and do Scarlett's DLC again. It should be close to level 50 in TVHM.

We were just discussing level on normal mode last night.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know.

I just don't have that much interest in tackling the extra "impossible/invincible" bosses really, so I'm not that obsessed with finding rare loot.

Mainly just playing the DLC as it comes out and pushing for level 50 along the way.

Damn only 80 msp for Mechromancer Supremacy Pack? Sold.

It's a shame though the new patch wiped XXX head from my available headskins even though I'm wearing it. It'll be gone until I decide to run terra another 100 times.

[quote name='GUNNM']Damn only 80 msp for Mechromancer Supremacy Pack? Sold.[/QUOTE]
That's the one I got too. So much for it being rare online. :lol:

[quote name='moojuice']When I beat Jack on my assassin before it got corrupted, I think I was at 30 or 31, but it was a cakewalk, so I would think you would be fine. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSUHitman']Go do some side quests, especially in Lynchwood if you haven't been there yet, and get to level 30. I think I was 32 when I beat the campaign.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback, I opted for doing the side quests, I tried Jack on lvl 27 but I only have a 2000 shield so I dont stand a chance,especially since I found out once I got his shield down the mechs started to come into play. I'm on the verge of lvl 30 now, bout to get some clothes for Mal robot quest.

Any games I could join tonight to help keep leveling my Mechro? I'm at 18 right now. I really miss the Roland turret and perks. Shooting somebody to give them health, auto dispense health and ammo turret. This commando I just cant get into.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Any games I could join tonight to help keep leveling my Mechro? I'm at 18 right now. I really miss the Roland turret and perks. Shooting somebody to give them health, auto dispense health and ammo turret. This commando I just cant get into.[/QUOTE]

I like Axton. Sure, ammo regen was awesome, but so is the massive damage boost from the turret (slag + missiles + double guns + increased damage when it's deployed).

[quote name='elessar123']I like Axton. Sure, ammo regen was awesome, but so is the massive damage boost from the turret (slag + missiles + double guns + increased damage when it's deployed).[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try that build. I can't remember how many times I reset the skill tree cause I just cant seem to fin the right build.

Well, that was horrible. Dude really has some problems.

I tried that Axton build and was not a fan. I just dont get why I cant find a build I like. I even got the legendary mod as well. One dude came into my game and dropped about 100 orange guns. Made some great money (almost 200 Mill) and picked up some good weapons. I still need to kill Terramorpehuos.

New Shift Code:

Mac/PC - 53KJ3-CK9W5-Z5XB3-T3BJT-969KW

PS3 - CTWJJ-95F53-CKCW3-9JWJT-T5ZBB

360 - 5BCTT-XX6SC-ZSXJX-KFJBJ-66R5W

Expires January 27th.

[quote name='blindinglights']The guy that made that video needs to get out of his gaming chair every now and then.[/QUOTE]

"OMG. Full-on upskirt camel-toe MOXIE!"
"How sexy,awesome, and amazing IS THIS"
"Look at the graphics. They took the time to doll her up, show off the crotch and the butt, put on the panties (nice choice of colors)"
"Perv out. Fap all you want"

wtf

bread's done
Back