Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='pjb16']Anybody pre-order two editions from amazon and get 2 premier club codes? I got the loot chest version and regular version, but only got a code for the regular version so far.[/QUOTE]
It's weird, I got two different promo codes, one that's 25 characters and looks like a typical Xbox live redeem code, and another one that's only 16 characters. Guessing that's the $10 gift cert from Amazon? I think this may be the first time one of those has been an actual code for me instead of just being automatically applied to my account.

hey nerds,

got mine last night and played til level 10, moving over from ME3 as my main MP fix. have a pretty solid 6 to 8 people playing, and f anyone wants in to play with us when on, drop an invite. lovin it so far, got a couple hours sleep so gonna tear back into it today.

Left a signed note on my door to leave it with my apt office lol, hopefully they oblige. I want that waiting there for when I get off work today!

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']The bad thing is there's soooo much hidden and going on. Then you have greedy pricks who open up chests and take all of the guns before you see them. I'm playing through on my own for a while.. 12 slots in the backpack to start off with suuuuucks when there's soo many cool guns I've found already ahahaI'm hittin the pillow so I can get up and crush it tomorrow. The guns you get from the dlc are easily surpassed as you level up.. except the sniper rifle. I've kept that .. only one I've seen so far. I too have the slaughter dome but can't find where or how to play it. Any nongreedy peeps who wanna playthrough on coop pm me your gamer tag on PS3[/QUOTE]

This probably falls under the "it's always better to play with people you know" category. I'd probably see if you could lay down ground rules about chests before you start. Take turns opening them, but still call enemy loot drops fair game.

If they can play along with that then you should be able to have some fun. If they can't agree then you'd probably be better off alone.

Sirens 4eva.

Also I may be in the minority in this, but I always liked the free-for-all aspect of grabbing loot. Gave things an anarchic, unpredictable feel when everyone was racing to grab the good stuff. Like co-op with a slightly cutthroat edge. :D I know there were lots of calls after the first game to institute an enforced loot sharing or turn-taking system of some kind but I'm glad they didn't. Like you said, if that's not your thing then it's down to picking and choosing your co-op partners and establishing some ground rules, which is great too.

hey now...got a few BL2 posters from my local BB. high quality, doubled sided and everything. I'm guessing BB got their hands on a box of convention swag...and if you don't like the maniac double shotting his head like the cover, you can flip it and get the Vault logo instead.

Zer0 for sure. Got two buddies running Maya and Salvadore, so it should hopefully be nice and tidy.

XP, wasn't sure if you were gonna be on this. We'll have to hook up one of these nights, brudda.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Zer0 for sure. Got two buddies running Maya and Salvadore, so it should hopefully be nice and tidy.

XP, wasn't sure if you were gonna be on this. We'll have to hook up one of these nights, brudda.[/QUOTE]

yeah i was contemplating between PC and xbox. I'm still playing Diabloville 3 most nights but I have a reason to turn on the xbox again save once every 2 weeks for ME3 challenges.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Is anyone else still waiting for Amazon to send the Premier Club code to them?[/QUOTE]

yeah, but I don't expect it until they actually charge my cc and ship my game. I actually don't want to put in the code for fear of temptation of unlocking before lvl 50.

[quote name='100xp']yeah, but I don't expect it until they actually charge my cc and ship my game. I actually don't want to put in the code for fear of temptation of unlocking before lvl 50.[/QUOTE]

That's what sucks is my game is already on its way, at least I already have my season pass bought. Hopefully the code will come before I get the game around 7.

[quote name='clonesniper666']That's what sucks is my game is already on its way, at least I already have my season pass bought. Hopefully the code will come before I get the game around 7.[/QUOTE]
It's too bad they're not offering something extra with the season pass, like the unique gun skins that Gears of War 3 had with its season pass. Otherwise I don't see any reason to buy it before the first DLC is even out.

I got my code for the premier club and the $10 credit a few hours ago, i preordered last month thiugh(early August.) dunno if they do it by preorder date or what, either way, your codes should be on their wayretty soon.

I bought 2 copies of the game for my son and I. I bought 1 season pass. Does anyone know if you can license transfer the season pass? I rather not have to buy 2 of them if not necessary

[quote name='clonesniper666']Is anyone else still waiting for Amazon to send the Premier Club code to them?[/QUOTE]

They shipped my game on Sunday (supposedly for release-date delivery). Then I got the preorder bonus code early Monday. I have yet to get the actual game, though UPS usually comes around 5-6pm and we're not quite there yet.

And of course no $10 promo credit email. I'll give them another day or two and then, as usual, it is off to CS to get my credit. These preorder deals rarely ever work out for me automatically but a quick email in to CS gets it fixed.

So, yeah, I don't play a lot of online multiplayer but I got this game at launch specifically for that. My last multiplayer action was Mass Effect 3 a few months back. So once I get the game I'm up for some coop - probably much later tonight though.

I redeemed the deluxe edition skin code, but I don't see where you can select the skins shown on the card. I only have four head options for each.

[quote name='opterasis']Damnit, so I got my ultimate loot chest edition today, open it up, and there's no bobblehead![/QUOTE]

I know this may sound obvious, but did you open the chest? It's in there.

[quote name='moojuice']I know this may sound obvious, but did you open the chest? It's in there.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I checked their website, it's an issue with about 1% of the units that shipped. They just had me send a screenshot of my reciept and shipping info and they're replacing it for free.

Omg having so much fun with this game and oh man I love Gearbox's references and humor once again. Game's art style looks for a lack of a better word, vivid. Fun fun

Played through about level 5 coop with my son. Splitscreen gaming is nice but it gives me a headache after not too long. I really don't want to buy a second copy, plus it's tough for us to monopolize both TVs (as I have the wife and 4 other kids who like to play/watch other things) so we'll just soldier on. I may have to play some single-player or online coop to give my eyes a break though.

tukai - as for the Season Pass issue, this just gets you DLC later, right? So I'd think you could download it on the system you don't normally use (ie, the one your son plays on). That way he'll have access to it without you being logged in. Then you download it on your system (where it only works when you are logged in). That should work but I've never done this season pass thing before.

There is a lot I'm confused about in this game. Hell, it took us an hour of gameplay to figure out how to get to the inventory screen ;). What is the badass system? I got some sort of tokens and it seemed like there were maybe daily/weekly challenge type things that lets you earn them? Is that what it is about? Is it worth saving those tokens for later since I'm so low-level now?

And what is the yellow icon that shows up above your health bar? We just got that right before we stopped playing. Is that the special ability? It looks the same for both of us even though we are different classes. I chose the Gunzerker and my son is doing Zero. He's a great sniper shot (his specialty in Halo Reach). I'm more of a charge in and blast (and die frequently ;)) type.

[quote name='io']Played through about level 5 coop with my son. Splitscreen gaming is nice but it gives me a headache after not too long. I really don't want to buy a second copy, plus it's tough for us to monopolize both TVs (as I have the wife and 4 other kids who like to play/watch other things) so we'll just soldier on. I may have to play some single-player or online coop to give my eyes a break though.

tukai - as for the Season Pass issue, this just gets you DLC later, right? So I'd think you could download it on the system you don't normally use (ie, the one your son plays on). That way he'll have access to it without you being logged in. Then you download it on your system (where it only works when you are logged in). That should work but I've never done this season pass thing before.

There is a lot I'm confused about in this game. Hell, it took us an hour of gameplay to figure out how to get to the inventory screen ;). What is the badass system? I got some sort of tokens and it seemed like there were maybe daily/weekly challenge type things that lets you earn them? Is that what it is about? Is it worth saving those tokens for later since I'm so low-level now?

And what is the yellow icon that shows up above your health bar? We just got that right before we stopped playing. Is that the special ability? It looks the same for both of us even though we are different classes. I chose the Gunzerker and my son is doing Zero. He's a great sniper shot (his specialty in Halo Reach). I'm more of a charge in and blast (and die frequently ;)) type.[/QUOTE]

Badass system - You complete challenges from the list and earn points, the higher rank you complete the more points you get (i.e. kill bandits (25) for level one, then kill (50) for level 2, kill (150) for level 3. these would be woeth 1, 3, then 5 points each) you spend the tokens you get from raising the level to add small increases to 1 of many stats. Use them as you get them, holding out on them will not give you any benefit.

Any icons above your health bar display your buffs. If you have a shield it pops up there, if you shoot elemental damage, an icon of what type shows up there.

took a bit to get used to the gameplay again, after playing so much ME3 as well as seeing how my friends play on the PC I was almost expecting 3rd person view. (a mod you can use on the PC). graphically, if you don't mine the delay in textures popping it's pretty nice. Lvl 4, so really there's no this character rocks or that...I haven't even gotten their main skill yet.

I do like the reload/tediore grenade pistols though. game feels like BL, hoping I have more time to enjoy it and not just watch CAG's power through the levels.

- still waiting on azmodan (hahahah) amazon DLC codes.
- still waiting on my BB DLC codes.
- put in my GS DLC code, though I have no idea when I'll be able to do the dome and if you actually get dat rocket launcher.
(I preordered multiple copies for my friends and their mom...yes, my friend's mom)

[quote name='Just-Joe']I'm around level 12 Assassin as of now. Hopefully I can find some people to play with soon.[/QUOTE]
Well feel free to add me (that goes for anyone else too), I'm always looking for more co-op partners.

[quote name='io']
[/QUOTE]

Yes use them, the badass system gives you bonuses that you should use right away. Everything relates to the badass rank and when you get enough to redeem another token, put it down for the noted bonus percentages. I'm a Gunzerker as well, I put my bonus % into melee, health, elemental dmg, fire rate, recoil reduction and a few others right off the bat.

[quote name='koalak']Cool Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest unboxing video
[/QUOTE]
Hey look it's Tosh.0 in his younger years. Seriously though 22 minutes?!

I didn't know about the badass tokens thing. Where do those show up?

Great game. Had a lot of fun playing it with friends last night, though I started out soloing it, so I could get my bearings and progress more slowly.

[quote name='crunchewy']I didn't know about the badass tokens thing. Where do those show up?

Great game. Had a lot of fun playing it with friends last night, though I started out soloing it, so I could get my bearings and progress more slowly.[/QUOTE]

Far right in the menu, which you access with the back button. ;)

[quote name='hufferstl']as far as the badass points, should I be saving some of those for my alt. characters.[/QUOTE]

If I understood it correctly, those bonuses are tied to your gamer profile and actually effect all of your characters.

[quote name='IanKazimer']If I understood it correctly, those bonuses are tied to your gamer profile and actually effect all of your characters.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='IanKazimer']If I understood it correctly, those bonuses are tied to your gamer profile and actually effect all of your characters.[/QUOTE]

It says it does, so saving them is pointless.

Playing "a number", but I'm not sure I like him yet. His ability is pretty pointless for going the gun route. And I miss the hawk, even if it was underpowered after the first playthrough in B1.

I might give the assassin a try tonight if I'm not feeling the commando, though I'll probably play BL2 like my main game again when Gaige unlocks. Nothing like having the AI do half the work for you.

the hawk was awesome in PT2+, you just had to spec for it and attach the appropriate artifact. It was much better for solo use though.

I am a level 8? soldier, and am loving the game so far. It's alot funnier than the first. And i really like the badass system.

I just finished the first game for the 1st time last weekend and i am having issues with the new menu system though, i am just not used to the new setup. I have also run into a few glitches already, but the game just came out so it is somewhat understandable.

Just a heads up though make sure you finish the Bad Hair Day mission before
you leave the area on claptraps boat. i didnt and i now cant find either Claptrap or the guy (Hammerlock?) to finish the mission

[quote name='macontosh2000']Just a heads up though make sure you finish the Bad Hair Day mission before
you leave the area on claptraps boat. i didnt and i now cant find either Claptrap or the guy (Hammerlock?) to finish the mission
[/QUOTE]
I was able to turn that quest in to Hammerlock in Sanctuary, he relocates there along with you.

[quote name='100xp']I might give the assassin a try tonight if I'm not feeling the commando, though I'll probably play BL2 like my main game again when Gaige unlocks. Nothing like having the AI do half the work for you.

the hawk was awesome in PT2+, you just had to spec for it and attach the appropriate artifact. It was much better for solo use though.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I was spec'ed for it, and it was doing no damage. It didn't scale well with level. And their artifacts stop going up in level (IIRC, level 4 or 5 was the highest, which became weak by the time you're at ~50). First playthrough, it was great. Killed everything and healed you to full. By Knoxx, it was completely worthless. Sniping wasn't as effective either, since nothing dies with one headshot.

Not really a spoiler, but I'm revealing a boss, so it's better to be safe than sorry.
Has anyone fought and beat W4r-d3n on solo? I can't beat him for the life of me...

Level 14 Commando so far, mostly solo...

I've found two oranges, and two E-tech weapons, not counting one I got from a quest.

One orange grenade mod from a very early boss (Bewm~~~), which was a huge explosion, that exploded into 10 more cluster grenades, that exploded into 5-6 more grenades. That shit was awesome, despite killing myself a handful of times.

One orange SMG (Deft Emperor), which, not sure what the flavor text does, but it was a sweet gun.

And both E-Techs were pistols. One shoots needles that explode into fire, and one shoots some kind of transfusion-esque rays that sort-of seek out enemies, and also act like needles that explode. I didn't expect to find two already.

LOVING. THIS. GAME. Met all my expectations.

bread's done
Back