Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

And on a side note.. Currently up to a level 7 Maya and level 23 Axton. Barely any co-op... Can't really find anyone with similar times, isn't greedy, doesn't lag, and can sorta keep up with me. :whistle2:#

I'm on the story mission 'The Once and Future Slab' if anyone's nearby. Did most side missions, except those I way out-leveled, but I still have more. Didn't want to out-level the content very much.

[quote name='shotgunshine']As tempting as that may be, I won't do that..that would seriously take all the fun out of the game and make it boring. I'm level 11 now. I did decide to use my golden key since I signed up for the shift thing to get a second one. I got two snipers rifles which i'm fine with, since I mainly use that and shotguns.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want an infinite number, but I though about registering another Shift account for another key sometime in the future.

LOL. I just found that legendary shotgun that was noted in one of the interviews as a "favorite" in the Gearbox office... It's called Deliverance (mine is called Extra Large Deliverance, not sure if it changes). Shotgun, orange, 160x6 damage and fairly mediocre stats... by Tediore...

But, the flavor text says "Kiki got a shotgun," and, well... When you reload.. instead of the gun being tossed onto the ground... it homes into any nearby enemies, WHILE SHOOTING AT THEM, and even finds new targets if it happens to kill something before it hits it. Haha.

Edit: And it is officially one of the best second wind guns, ever. It does quite a bit of damage. If this can spawn with an element, it would be INCREDIBLE.

I was also doing the psycho arena dome (Fink's Slaughterhouse), and had a group of 5 goliaths fighting eachother.... I had two of them as corrosive, having an acidy-barf-spewing battle against eachother. HA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tediore's are my favorite except I always reload after each kill so when I switch to Tediore I end up throwing the gun and using up ammo. Sad to say I've also killed myself a few times when doing this in small corridors.

It would be nice to have a cancel quest option. I think I've completely glitched a quest where I have to morph an enemy and kill it, but it killed me and then disappeared. It has a wide-area beacon for the quest but I literally covered the entire map, left the area, save/quit, and tried again. Even going to the center of the beacon was to no avail.

[quote name='100xp']yeah i got my email today along w/my $10 GC. 2 separate emails. my game hasn't shipped yet though.[/QUOTE]

I got my preorder code Monday morning. I have yet to get my $10 GC... Time to email them...

[quote name='shotgunshine']As tempting as that may be, I won't do that..that would seriously take all the fun out of the game and make it boring. I'm level 11 now. I did decide to use my golden key since I signed up for the shift thing to get a second one. I got two snipers rifles which i'm fine with, since I mainly use that and shotguns.[/QUOTE]

What is this "shift thing"? I'd like to get another key!

Did anyone order a Loot edition from best buy and did you acutlly get your game? I preordered mine and have been getting the run around since tuesday that my copy either doesn't exist or has been sold to someone else.

I have talked to a store manager but they have been little to no help. I even talked to corparate and they can't even find the loot chest edition in the system.

I used the in game system to register for Shift and then confirmed it through my email, then also went ahead and linked my PSN and Steam accounts as well, a few days ago. Last night I went to the Shift menu in game, went to view offers, and still saw no golden key. I still only have the one I received from preordering. Is this normal or do I need to do something?

[quote name='HydroX']This game is almost too good.[/QUOTE]

i wish xbox has the FOV (field of vision) option like the PC, it's set to 70% default. at 110% it's like someone took off your blinders. I'll adapt and over come.

yeah no kidding right?

I just got to sanctuary and I contemplated exploring everything, trying to talk w/every random npc and look for every openable...i don't have the time. I'm glad the world is seemingly so large that being anal about searching every crack..ahaha will reward those who spend the time.

When i hit lvl 10 im going to use the key, then register for shift and hope a 2nd one appears.

here's to hoping i dont horde every special gun for the sake of hording.

I almost use my shift Golden Key, I was on the Firehawk side quest, as I needed a flame weapon and I sold all my crap flame ones. I then checked out Marcus' little gun vending machine in Sanctuary and ahaa flame rocket launcher. That'll do pig, that'll do.

[quote name='Rhett']LOL. I just found that legendary shotgun that was noted in one of the interviews as a "favorite" in the Gearbox office... It's called Deliverance (mine is called Extra Large Deliverance, not sure if it changes). Shotgun, orange, 160x6 damage and fairly mediocre stats... by Tediore...

But, the flavor text says "Kiki got a shotgun," and, well... When you reload.. instead of the gun being tossed onto the ground... it homes into any nearby enemies, WHILE SHOOTING AT THEM, and even finds new targets if it happens to kill something before it hits it. Haha.

Edit: And it is officially one of the best second wind guns, ever. It does quite a bit of damage. If this can spawn with an element, it would be INCREDIBLE.

I was also doing the psycho arena dome (Fink's Slaughterhouse), and had a group of 5 goliaths fighting eachother.... I had two of them as corrosive, having an acidy-barf-spewing battle against eachother. HA.[/QUOTE]
Where did you find it?

BL2 from Amazon arrived today w/super saver shipping...that's pretty good considering i preordered on the 17th. now my friend's mom can play too. hahaha.

I accidentally used my shift key when I saw the chest in sanctuary. Got too excited. I still have my preorder, but I'll wait til I'm higher level.... If that matters.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Where did you find it?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it can drop anywhere, but I got it off one of those rare spawns. This one was called Tumbaa, in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. I've gotten another orange off a boss, and one off a side-mission sub-boss, as well.

[quote name='HydroX']I accidentally used my shift key when I saw the chest in sanctuary. Got too excited. I still have my preorder, but I'll wait til I'm higher level.... If that matters.[/QUOTE]
Haha couldn't keep it in your pants huh.

[quote name='myl0r']I registered for Shift, but I never got a Shift Code. It's not showing up on the website[/QUOTE]

Yeah that confused me as well, you gotta link on your 360 for any key pretty much.

Still rocking my kerblaster - it'll probably stick with me for a while. Got my second orange from
the final firehawk side mission. Shield - Flame of the Firehawk. Eh doesn't look that great to me really but I'll give it a try

Recently killed an interesting boss... No spoilers, but it was pretty hard compared to the others thus far. Pretty far into the game. Dropped A LOT of loot. Definitely gonna be popular for farming, I think, despite the difficulty.

Also, I have a +20.9% (I think) Sniper Rifle Damage relic if someone wants to offer anything for it... I think it requires level 20.

[quote name='Rhett']Recently killed an interesting boss... No spoilers, but it was pretty hard compared to the others thus far. Pretty far into the game. Dropped A LOT of loot. Definitely gonna be popular for farming, I think, despite the difficulty.

Also, I have a +20.9% (I think) Sniper Rifle Damage relic if someone wants to offer anything for it... I think it requires level 20.[/QUOTE]
Was it the big robot boss at end of the road that keeps spawning those flying repair bots? Man that boss was tough solo

[quote name='Brother Daz']
Was it the big robot boss at end of the road that keeps spawning those flying repair bots? Man that boss was tough solo
[/QUOTE]

It was BN-K3R I think.
Sorry if you aren't that far, or maybe I'm not as far as you... :X

[quote name='bordjon']Still rocking my kerblaster - it'll probably stick with me for a while. Got my second orange from
the final firehawk side mission. Shield - Flame of the Firehawk. Eh doesn't look that great to me really but I'll give it a try
[/QUOTE]
I got the same it's an awesome shield for around the 18-22 rank... when your shield goes down it starts annihilating shit around you until it recharges

I still don't have an Orange loot besides one shield that was already outclassed by a Green one. Sigh. It seems like my bad luck from Borderlands 1 is continuing into this one. Really bums me out.

I'm at Level 14 currently, and honestly, the game is getting to be a bit too punishing for my liking. Borderlands 1 had a lot of extra missions so I could be a bit over where the next Story Mission was. Here, it's like 'if you do all of these Side Missions, you'll always be at where you want to be for the next Story Mission. No ifs, ands or buts.'

But it might just be because I feel fatigued on Borderlands 2 since I was playing the original for the past week and a half on PS3.

[quote name='KingBroly']I still don't have an Orange loot besides one shield that was already outclassed by a Green one. Sigh. It seems like my bad luck from Borderlands 1 is continuing into this one. Really bums me out.

I'm at Level 14 currently, and honestly, the game is getting to be a bit too punishing for my liking. Borderlands 1 had a lot of extra missions so I could be a bit over where the next Story Mission was. Here, it's like 'if you do all of these Side Missions, you'll always be at where you want to be for the next Story Mission. No ifs, ands or buts.'

But it might just be because I feel fatigued on Borderlands 2 since I was playing the original for the past week and a half on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Stop playing it by yourself. Much easier with 2-4 players. Not to mention it's less boring and has better loot.

[quote name='KingBroly']I still don't have an Orange loot besides one shield that was already outclassed by a Green one. Sigh. It seems like my bad luck from Borderlands 1 is continuing into this one. Really bums me out.

But it might just be because I feel fatigued on Borderlands 2 since I was playing the original for the past week and a half on PS3.[/QUOTE]

There are more side missions than I feel like doing, and I've skipped a handful + have 5+ to do around my level, as it is... And after being slightly over-leveled, I'm at or below the level needed to progress, myself...

I have had consistent occurrences where I noticed my current weapons won't work too well going forward (despite being pretty good), so you may need better guns. Farming a little couldn't hurt, either. If I had another character around your level, I'd offer to play... I may have a gun or two you could have, though, at the least. I REALLY want to get to PT2/"True Vault-Hunter Mode", so I haven't put much time into alts... (currently level 28 Commando, I think?)

[quote name='Trakan']Stop playing it by yourself. Much easier with 2-4 players. Not to mention it's less boring and has better loot.[/QUOTE]

I've mostly been playing with 2-4 players and have it set to an Open Game. I played last night for 4 hours and no one joined ;__;

[quote name='KingBroly']I've mostly been playing with 2-4 players and have it set to an Open Game. I played last night for 4 hours and no one joined ;__;[/QUOTE]

What're you playing? Randoms suck. :X In fact, they probably take all your oranges. :lol:

I'll add you... I do have a 7 Zero and 8 Maya, maybe I can level them up or something.

The game got so much easier after 12 for us. We got good weapons, and we're pretty much breezing through. At level 17 now.

TMNT was awesome. Even fought Flinter.

Using a sniper rifle with 350ish damage, a rocket launcher with 2100 damage (single rocket!), and a 650x6 grenade mod. One grenade can kill a badass sometimes. It's insane.

Sigh. I wish you could choose not to progress through your story in other players' games. I played with a friend tonight who was just a little bit ahead of me, and not only did I miss some significant plot elements, but a portion of the best written character in the game. It really sucks :(

[quote name='KingBroly']Sigh. I wish you could choose not to progress through your story in other players' games. I played with a friend tonight who was just a little bit ahead of me, and not only did I miss some significant plot elements, but a portion of the best written character in the game. It really sucks :([/QUOTE]
The game pops up a message when you are in your game asking '"would you like to skip missions played previously" as in with other players.. while you're working on your own storyline.. just pick no.. thats what I did ...

its cool playing with others but I take my time and go over everything so I don't miss something and its really gotten me some cool shit. Plus you don't have others picking up weapons before you get to see them and all either

I received no such message. Basically, my situation went like this. I joined a Friend's Game who was on the same Mission as me, but I had completed none of it. When I joined he was already 2/3 through it.

I hear the "field of vision" is smaller on the xbox 360 for this game, and has caused some folks to get motion sickness. Anybody else notice anything like this?
I am a bit prone to getting motion sickness in certain games, but I think the guy that experienced it had played long hours non-stop. I usually put 3-4 hours in a night before bed.
Thanks for any advice! I'm very close to making a purchase on this game.

[quote name='atomicsmurf']I hear the "field of vision" is smaller on the xbox 360 for this game, and has caused some folks to get motion sickness. Anybody else notice anything like this?
I am a bit prone to getting motion sickness in certain games, but I think the guy that experienced it had played long hours non-stop. I usually put 3-4 hours in a night before bed.
Thanks for any advice! I'm very close to making a purchase on this game.[/QUOTE]

I've put close to 40 hours into it (I completely lost Wednesday to it) spread over 3 characters and I haven't had any experience of it.

Does anyone know where the second hidden vault door in Frostburn Canyon is? I found one by accident (the one down the ladder in a big area of ice) and then was looking at the challenges and found out that the other is in there also - I just thought the second would be somewhere else in the game when I found the first. I was pretty thorough when exploring there. I went back through it all again after getting right to the end because I didn't know about the 10 totems either. I did find all of those but I'd like to get that last door before I finish up the mission. Or can you go back there later?

Edit: OK, they are Vault symbols. I must have run right over the first one in Frostburn Canyon. It is on the ground...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5283356

[quote name='Fearia']Make sure to back up your saves . . . lost everything that is shared today on my characters. Shared stash? Gone. Badass tokens / ranks? Reset to 0, with all the challenges still marked as done. Skins? Gone. Even lost an unused Golden Key.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150243

And a video of it happening live to someone else: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAYX42saxkI&feature=youtu.be[/QUOTE]
fucking great! I've never used cloud to save, can I backup my save there or do I need a USB drive?

[quote name='Brother Daz']fucking great! I've never used cloud to save, can I backup my save there or do I need a USB drive?[/QUOTE]

No idea. I'm using the cloud as a backup, in hopes that will work. No news on what causes this issue, but I had it happen to me (but not my wife's character). Hoping it doesn't happen again, as I lost a good 600 badass rank and all my skins :(

bread's done
Back