Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='GUNNM']Damn that XXX head looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's my clear favorite of the bunch and there are WAY too many robot heads in general. One prosthetic limb does not an android make so the majority of them look completely ridiculous on her. Really wish they hadn't gone that route.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Borderlands 2’s First, Pirate-Packed Campaign DLC Is Out October 16

original.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ugh... I guess I'm buying a point card tomorrow. I swear this is the best month I've ever had for gaming. Too many great games and DLC to choose from and STILL haven't started Dishonored yet. Plus I have ACIII to look forward to later. So choice.

I dunno, Metal Blood and Fragger are pretty legit.

No shit about this month, Ink. I'm struggling to keep up right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I will wait for word of mouth on the new dlc. If it awesome then I will buy a season pass. If it is meh then I will hold off until the 2nd one. I was happy with the 1st game dlc (sans Moxxi) but still waiting.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I will wait for word of mouth on the new dlc. If it awesome then I will buy a season pass. If it is meh then I will hold off until the 2nd one. I was happy with the 1st game dlc (sans Moxxi) but still waiting.[/QUOTE]

I'm new to this "season pass" thing - will they still have that available after the first DLC comes out or is it only a preorder sort of thing?

Too soons for DLC IMO. Most people haven't beaten it yet, or most definitely haven't tired themselves of it. For me, DLC is supposed to expand a game beyond it's original parameters, and by coming out with it before I even completely finish it, it just makes it overwhelming. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, because I am a nitpicker. I'll still buy the DLC, of course, but I'm not as excited as I would be.

You could always wait to play it. I already bought the season pass, but I might just wait a few weeks to start playing the DLC. I just hit 45 on my only character so far.

Not directly related to the DLC, but I found a really large door in the Caustic Caverns that is off he map. You can get to it by bubble jumping from the acid in the cave near Blue the crystalisk. I say you can get to. Alas, that isn't the case. You will fall off the map into uncharted territory and eventually just drop dead. Maybe it'll lead to another area in a future DLC.

[quote name='io']I'm new to this "season pass" thing - will they still have that available after the first DLC comes out or is it only a preorder sort of thing?[/QUOTE]
With other games, the pass has continued to be available after DLC started coming out. L.A. Noire and Gears of War 3 even had further discounts/sales on their season passes for people who waited. :p

[quote name='io']I'm new to this "season pass" thing - will they still have that available after the first DLC comes out or is it only a preorder sort of thing?[/QUOTE]

Gearbox hinted on one of the videogame websites (kotaku or joystiq) that the season pass may not be available after the 1st DLC drops...as incentive to jump on the deal.

I'm going to jump on the season pass and not gamble on the off chance they pull an EPIC and have DLC reduced making the season pass deal merely a unlockable gun skin bonus, it's gearbox, I loved BL and BL2 is awesome.

[quote name='matto1233']Too soons for DLC IMO. Most people haven't beaten it yet, or most definitely haven't tired themselves of it. For me, DLC is supposed to expand a game beyond it's original parameters, and by coming out with it before I even completely finish it, it just makes it overwhelming. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, because I am a nitpicker. I'll still buy the DLC, of course, but I'm not as excited as I would be.[/QUOTE]

It does seem a little quick...

[quote name='100xp']Gearbox hinted on one of the videogame websites (kotaku or joystiq) that the season pass may not be available after the 1st DLC drops...as incentive to jump on the deal.

I'm going to jump on the season pass and not gamble on the off chance they pull an EPIC and have DLC reduced making the season pass deal merely a unlockable gun skin bonus, it's gearbox, I loved BL and BL2 is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really don't like paying full price for DLC, but I do still have a bunch of cheap MS points so I might as well use them. I'm even less far through the game as some of you. I have my initial Gunzerker at 25 but then I started playing 2 others (Siren over the weekend and then Mechromancer when that came out).

And I agree that it seems a little soon for DLC - like maybe mid Nov. would have been better timing to get people back into the game.

[quote name='Ziv']Not directly related to the DLC, but I found a really large door in the Caustic Caverns that is off he map. You can get to it by bubble jumping from the acid in the cave near Blue the crystalisk. I say you can get to. Alas, that isn't the case. You will fall off the map into uncharted territory and eventually just drop dead. Maybe it'll lead to another area in a future DLC.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, this is near where the Dark Souls easter egg is supposed to be. I got this info from my son who found it somewhere on the Internet (that you have to run through the acid near Blue towards the edge of the map) so take that for what it's worth. I don't have a good enough shield so I haven't tried it yet.

[quote name='panda911']DLC sure is out rather quick. It seems like a 'don't-trade-in-our-game-yet' tactic.[/QUOTE]

4 DLC packs have always been the plan.

[quote name='ZForce915']4 DLC packs have always been the plan.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it has been the plan, but he's stating what everyone else is thinking: Too Soon? ;)

It does make sense though ("the don't trade our game in yet!" theory) -- tons of games are coming, and this will likely get the Gears of War 3 treatment from last year -- released early, played by TONS of people, but with ACIII, Halo 4 and Blops II on the cusp, they likely feel their hand is being forced and they want to keep players in the thick of things as long as possible.

I didn't think DLC would start coming until mid-November at the earliest -- just in time for Black Friday?

I'm definitely considering the Season Pass route, but I'm only lvl 29 on my main character (Siren) and lvl 9 on my Mechromancer.

I think it's coming way too early. A month after release?

It's nice to have the extra content, but I'm already starting to be burned out. I would have loved a break before the DLC came out.

I mean, I haven't touched Torchlight II. At all.

They're trying to prevent people from beating the game and trading it in. Early DLC is great. For people who've already beaten the game, it's new content. For everyone else, it's an option. If you feel it's too early or are burnt out on the game, don't play it yet. Finish the game first. Play other games and come back. It's not going anywhere.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks the NPD numbers for Sept has US sales of Borderlands at 1.48 million. Seems less than I would have thought but I am sure it is way more than the 1st game did at this point.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news...n-borderlands-2-top-september-game-sales.aspx[/QUOTE]

Didn't know this month's NPDs were out yet. 1.48 seems really low to me, although I'm sure a sizable number of PC copies where sold this time around and some of them could've been converted console gamers. I would've expected 2-3 million copies sold.

And I'm not saying releasing dlc this soon doesn't make sense or isn't great for fans, just that it is a quick turnaround, especially if you consider the mechromancer as a dlc item.

At least, they picked a decent week to drop the dlc. No huge releases next week and only MOH Warfighter (lol) the week after.

1.5 million does seem slightly low. I know the first game was more of a sleeper, with word of mouth powering big sales over time rather than a big Day 1 Hype Train, but B2 did have the big Day 1 Hype Train behind it. :) I would have guessed between 2 and 3 million as well.

I finally knocked out the Jenkins challenge so all I have left now is grinding rocket launcher and shotgun kills, then I'll have every achievement except the ones tied to the other three classes I haven't played yet.

Got hit with the Badass reset tonight and it also wiped out my 9 keys.

Good thing Gearbox is focused on all this DLC instead of fixing their broken ass game.

Ran into a pretty bad glitch today. During play through two with Gaige today my game switched over to 2.5 for some reason. All enemies and missions are around level 50 now.

Question for everyone who has had their badass rank reset, did you use the character respec machine in sanctuary? I've avoided using that because it seems somehow connected.

[quote name='ZForce915']Question for everyone who has had their badass rank reset, did you use the character respec machine in sanctuary? I've avoided using that because it seems somehow connected.[/QUOTE]
I've used it multiple times with no problems.

[quote name='ZForce915']Question for everyone who has had their badass rank reset, did you use the character respec machine in sanctuary? I've avoided using that because it seems somehow connected.[/QUOTE]

I used it once before the patch, but not after.

What about splitscreen? Is there anyone who had their badass rank reset who hasn't played splitscreen at all?

It seemed like playing splitscreen was connected to some of the problems people had with the DLC not correctly downloading too.

from what I've read - the save game on xbox doesn't contain the badass rank info - some other MS profile specific file does.

Also - and update was posted for pc regarding this issue in hopes to fix it and a gbx person stated they were watching the main BAR reset thread at their forums. They said they will announce when the xbox/ps3 patch is finalized.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150758

main gearbox thread on the issue:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150243

Patches also addressed here by a gbx programmer - believe they have found the cause - pc patch is meant to test it - if it works said it will be out to xbox/ps3 as soon as possible.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=170055

I've played splitscreen and respeced several times without any reset. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The BAR/Gold keys/skins/etc aren't tied to your save file. They're saved to your gamertag file. That's why it gets bigger with almost every game you play. That's also why its weird that its getting reset.

My OCD and paranoia kick in whenever I play this game. I think someone else might have even mentioned this too, but I always save and quit to the main menu, then wait a few seconds and quit to he title screen, then wait a few more seconds and exit to the dashboard. Only after that will I turn off my system. And I always do that through the controller. I hate the beep the 360 makes anyway.

[quote name='Ziv']I've played splitscreen and respeced several times without any reset. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The BAR/Gold keys/skins/etc aren't tied to your save file. They're saved to your gamertag file. That's why it gets bigger with almost every game you play. That's also why its weird that its getting reset.

My OCD and paranoia kick in whenever I play this game. I think someone else might have even mentioned this too, but I always save and quit to the main menu, then wait a few seconds and quit to he title screen, then wait a few more seconds and exit to the dashboard. Only after that will I turn off my system. And I always do that through the controller. I hate the beep the 360 makes anyway.[/QUOTE]Just tried an experiment with two golden keys. Copy my saves to cloud bought two items with golden keys saved and quit logged on my HD save and I had lost those two keys and no items :bouncy:

Anyone up for a gaming session now / soon? My Siren is Lvl 30, on main quest The Talon of God. We can do side quests, or just stick to main quests. Doesn't matter to me.

Also have a Lvl 9 Mechromancer on standby.

GT: N7 HydroX if you're interested!

Played through with randoms until The Warrior spawned, then the host quit, so I played alone.... And got the Conference Call. :D

Saw a buddy playing a new game (he just beat it anyways) with the Mechcromancer so I said sure why not and we co-oped for a while, which was a blast all over again. I had just started the game and was level 3 but caught up fairly fast and both our Deathraps were wrecking havoc, good times. I immediately put my skill points into More Pep, just seems like the straight shooter choice.

DT is funny. I'm at the mission when you fight BNK-3R and DT is chasing it in the sky shooting it the whole time.

I wonder how strong it'd be in True Vault Hunter mode with a shield + health and melee upgrades it'll probably just as good.

TVHM is awesome. Just started it last night with my nephew with my commando (siren is almost there). I love the new tweaks to the enemies and the difficulty. Really making me rethink my loadout.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']With other games, the pass has continued to be available after DLC started coming out. L.A. Noire and Gears of War 3 even had further discounts/sales on their season passes for people who waited. :p[/QUOTE]

The only exception has been the season pass on Uncharted 3, which Sony took away after all or almost all of the DLC came out. Now everything has to be bought a la carte or you have to buy the GotY Edition.

I seriously doubt 2K would do something as crazy as that, considering how bad they screwed over people with the Max Payne 3 Season Pass (DLC being delayed or coming out for free,) and the fact that you can still buy the Rockstar Pass for LA Noire even though the Complete Edition disc is out there ($20 at Target if your store still has it.) This is one of their biggest franchises now joining GTA, Red Dead, Bioshock, and NBA 2K, you don't pull a dick move and say yeah we're not selling the pass anymore.

I'm loving Gaige so far, the Anarchy stacks are great and DT is just beast. Definitely enjoying her more than my Zero PT.

In other news...I managed to unearth not 1, but 2 CL4P TR4P figures at my local TRU. No SC2 for $9.98 but no complaints here. \o/

[quote name='100xp']I'm loving Gaige so far, the Anarchy stacks are great and DT is just beast. Definitely enjoying her more than my Zero PT.

In other news...I managed to unearth not 1, but 2 CL4P TR4P figures at my local TRU. No SC2 for $9.98 but no complaints here. \o/[/QUOTE]

Clap trap figures? Aww I want one.

bread's done
Back