Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

The reason that Doctor's Orders is good for catching Jimmy Jenkins is that normally, you have an extremely small chance of spawning any loot loader/midget, and within that small chance, Jimmy Jenkins is the rarest of the potential loaders that can spawn. While Doctor's Orders is active, there are 4 cardboard boxes at the Wildlife Preserve that are guaranteed to spawn a loader. You still only have a small chance of one of those loaders being Jimmy, but it's much faster to farm a Jimmy when you have a fast and guaranteed source of loaders in the first place, versus farming for hours and potentially not seeing any loaders at all, much less a Jimmy.

Yeah I had no problem finding jenkins. I'm even close to lvl 3 majority of the time he just spawned for me at the wilderness

Weird stuff...

I've had BL2 shelved for the past couple of weeks waiting for a patch to address some of the major bugs. Since the new patch dropped today, I decided to take it online, update, and finally try out the Mechromancer.

Having just defeated Knuckle Dragger, I received a lvl 2 legendary corrosive pistol?!? My highest (other) character is like lvl 16 and I've never come across a legendary of any type, and barely found my first corrosive anything.

Wonder if the patch tweaked rare drop odds, or if was just luck of the draw?

Edit: thanks. just saw the legendary drop link in the OP.

Luck of the draw. I had a buddy get the pistol his first run also. I went back the other night to farm him fir the lvl 50 and it took me seriously 40 times before it dropped. Consider yourself lucky to have it right away.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Luck of the draw. I had a buddy get the pistol his first run also. I went back the other night to farm him fir the lvl 50 and it took me seriously 40 times before it dropped. Consider yourself lucky to have it right away.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. For as stingy as this game seems to be with legendaries this totally blew me away.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The reason that Doctor's Orders is good for catching Jimmy Jenkins is that normally, you have an extremely small chance of spawning any loot loader/midget, and within that small chance, Jimmy Jenkins is the rarest of the potential loaders that can spawn. While Doctor's Orders is active, there are 4 cardboard boxes at the Wildlife Preserve that are guaranteed to spawn a loader. You still only have a small chance of one of those loaders being Jimmy, but it's much faster to farm a Jimmy when you have a fast and guaranteed source of loaders in the first place, versus farming for hours and potentially not seeing any loaders at all, much less a Jimmy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guys - well, damn, I closed it out so I'm out of luck I guess. I did notice that I got a few robots spawning out of boxes during that mission and thought it was odd but I never made the connection to Jimmy Jenkins. I didn't realize he was a loot spawn at all. I had seen the challenge and saw posters of him but I didn't know that's how you found him.

I did get some oddball ones that I hadn't seen before. I even got 2 things spawned out of one - a loot midget and a robot of some sort. One of them flew away before I could kill it and flew through the force field into one of the enclosures and one of the slag experimentation monsters killed him ;).

[quote name='io']Thanks, guys - well, damn, I closed it out so I'm out of luck I guess. I did notice that I got a few robots spawning out of boxes during that mission and thought it was odd but I never made the connection to Jimmy Jenkins. I didn't realize he was a loot spawn at all. I had seen the challenge and saw posters of him but I didn't know that's how you found him.

I did get some oddball ones that I hadn't seen before. I even got 2 things spawned out of one - a loot midget and a robot of some sort. One of them flew away before I could kill it and flew through the force field into one of the enclosures and one of the slag experimentation monsters killed him ;).[/QUOTE]

Took me a few runs in Opportunity for Jimmy Jenkins to pop out. It only pops out of a certain type of ammo chests -- not the smallest ones that open like a briefcase, but the next size up. You can ignore the rest. There's a youtube video that shows locations in Opportunity that are near where you zone in.

My girlfriend ended up getting lucky and finding Knuckledragger's legendary on her first time through. Was pretty stoked for her.

Ended up with a pretty solid Law and Order set tonight. I'll hook you guys up if interested when I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IanKazimer']My girlfriend ended up getting lucky and finding Knuckledragger's legendary on her first time through. Was pretty stoked for her.

Ended up with a pretty solid Law and Order set tonight. I'll hook you guys up if interested when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

At least someone is getting lucky lol :D

[quote name='IanKazimer']My girlfriend ended up getting lucky and finding Knuckledragger's legendary on her first time through. Was pretty stoked for her.

Ended up with a pretty solid Law and Order set tonight. I'll hook you guys up if interested when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

Are they both lvl 50? I am definitely interested if so

So I checked my HDD last night and I had a Graveyard.sav file in the Borderlands 2 directory! But all of my characters are fine AFAIK. I wonder if this means one of them is infected but just hasn't died yet? Part of me wants to test them all and the other part just wants to avoid the game until they patch it.

save the character you like on a separate USB and find out.
Reading up on it it does look like you're infected which by in turn means I'm infected because you came into my game. ^__^

Its ok I got AC3 to keep me busy. :(

[quote name='GUNNM']save the character you like on a separate USB and find out.
Reading up on it it does look like you're infected which by in turn means I'm infected because you came into my game. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Sorry buddy! But I'm guessing it was my Siren and not my Mechro that's infected if one of them is, since I've played more co-op with the Siren. Hopefully Gearbox can resolve this soon.

With all this infection talk I'm definitely backing up my saves every other day.

off topic: i was totally pissed when my Dead Island save got corrupted. After that happened i pretty much stopped playing that game.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah it has to be your siren I have no graveyard.sav on my HDD.[/QUOTE]
Well that's a relief, glad to hear I didn't pass it on to you.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well that's a relief, glad to hear I didn't pass it on to you.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't have blamed you even if you did.

If anyone wants a bunch of legendary weapons/items, I'm willing to dupe my inventory later tonight. Just send me a friend request at JonazDC.

[quote name='DCpinoy']If anyone wants a bunch of legendary weapons/items, I'm willing to dupe my inventory later tonight. Just send me a friend request at JonazDC.[/QUOTE]I have quite a few myself. Maybe we can get together and dupe what we dont have from each others stash? All lvl 50?

Usually around 9pm MT but ill be on right now for a few.

EDIT-
Thanks again DC!! Busting at the seams with legendaries now!!:whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can prolly hop on at some point tonight. Off the top of my head I've got a lv.50 Law/Order, Skullsmasher, CC, Bee, Hide of Terramorphous, buncha Legendary/Terra mods, Hellfire, and some other shit. I'll just drop whatever I'm holding, haha.

I love that L&O combo, guess thats the only two things I still need. I think we're friends right? DC filled my inventory and bank full of oranges, so I'll need to try and find room for two more items. Definitely need to start a mule today.

I'm still really low like a level 22 in my first playthrough but i'd love to grab a couple higher level guns/shields/whatever from others that I could use later if anyone is cool with that. I'd be on maybe late tonight and anytime tomorrow or thurs. I don't think I have anything I could provide on my end of any value.

Thanks

Bill, I have a few legendaries that are from lvl22-34 I could hook you up (I think I also have a couple that are 41/42). I'm sure you don't really want to fill your inventory up with 50's this early.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Bill, I have a few legendaries that are from lvl22-34 I could hook you up. I'm sure you don't really want to fill your inventory up with 50's this early.[/QUOTE]

That would rock. I really didnt wanna fill it up maybe a sniper rifle since i'm playing zero and a shotty or smg. just like 1 or 2

edit: I'll add you Daz when I get home

Right on, I'll keep a eye out for you. I dont think I have any low level legendary sniper rifles. I cant remember right off hand what all I have. I do know the infinity pistol is a 22 and sledges shotgun is a 24. I do have the minecraft sniper rifle (41 I think) but its not your traditional sniper rifle (no scope & shoots very slow). Then I think the other two guns are pistols, one corrosive and one fire. Then the WTF shield. There may be one or two more.

This looks interesting.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Right on, I'll keep a eye out for you. I dont think I have any low level legendary sniper rifles. I cant remember right off hand what all I have. I do know the infinity pistol is a 22 and sledges shotgun is a 24. I do have the minecraft sniper rifle (41 I think) but its not your traditional sniper rifle (no scope & shoots very slow). Then I think the other two guns are pistols, one corrosive and one fire. Then the WTF shield. There may be one or two more.

This looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!
That iOS game looks good. If they fleshed it out a little more it could make for a good looking vita or xbla game.

http://gamingbolt.com/borderlands-2-to-receive-new-character-classes-max-level-increases

Fancy an archaeologist playable character that releases velociraptors? So does Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford, when he replied on Twitter to the chances of seeing such a class with, “Until I saw this tweet, zero. Now that I have seen this tweet, non-zero.” But he didn’t just appease and tease: Pitchford also revealed that Borderlands 2 will receive new character classes and max level increases in the months to come. Regarding new classes via DLC, Pitchford simply replied, “Yes – we’re working on it.” He also confirmed max level increases for the characters, but when it came to increase backpack and bank slots, he stated, “That’s being talked about. Not as simple as it sounds.”
While this may just be another day for Pitchford, responding to fan questions, it spells good news for Borderlands 2. The game is already massive enough on its own, and will support a good range of updates for the months to come.

Pitchford confirms what we already know: More DLC Characters and a level cap increase are coming. Always good to hear news though.

yeah it looks interesting but I'm guessing no interaction with BL2 - like being able to trade weapons from one to the other or sit and play the slots on an ios device and send the weapon over to my character on xbox! Also - it's not a universal app - wtf that's lame.

RE: new BL2 stuff - specifically storage - they added backpack storage in dlc in the first one - and they added the bank system in dlc too. Hell - I'll take a totally "new" second bank in dlc if that's what they have to do.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I love that L&O combo, guess thats the only two things I still need. I think we're friends right? DC filled my inventory and bank full of oranges, so I'll need to try and find room for two more items. Definitely need to start a mule today.[/QUOTE]

Not sure we are. Think I may have played ME3 with you once. I know you from here, and I swear I saw BrotherDaz in a lobby once.

I'll shoot you an FR real quick. I usually hop on while I'm working at home in the evenings too. Seldom with mic, however.

If you haven't seen the official Gearbox statement on the graveyard.sav problem:

Recently a few users have begun violating the Xbox Live Code of Conduct by using an external application to maliciously disrupt the experience and sabotage characters of legitimate Borderlands 2 players on Xbox 360. Fortunately it’s easy to avoid this scenario.

While we work to resolve this as quickly as possible with our partners, concerned Xbox 360 players of Borderlands 2 should consider playing online with trusted individuals in non-public sessions. This does not affect players on PC or PlayStation 3.

We also advise that before ceasing play, users always select "Save and Quit" from within the pause menu while their character is alive. If after the death of their character players find themselves at the main menu of Borderlands 2 instead of respawning in-game, be sure to immediately select "Continue" to resume playing as that character.

We ask that players report any suspicious behavior in Borderlands 2 to [email protected] and provide as much details and documentation of their disrupted experience as possible to assist us in our investigation.

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22231553-important-notice-for-xbox-360-players

[quote name='Brother Daz']Right on, I'll keep a eye out for you. I dont think I have any low level legendary sniper rifles. I cant remember right off hand what all I have. I do know the infinity pistol is a 22 and sledges shotgun is a 24. I do have the minecraft sniper rifle (41 I think) but its not your traditional sniper rifle (no scope & shoots very slow). Then I think the other two guns are pistols, one corrosive and one fire. Then the WTF shield. There may be one or two more.

This looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

Boo!

No Android love :nottalking:

I'd love to hop on this weapon sharing train. I haven't finished the game yet, but if anyone wants to share, I'm down. I'll just load up my storage vault until I can use 'em.

If anyone in here ever does decide to do powerleveling sessions, I'd be in. Zer0's capped out and on the last mission of TVHM. My interest in Axton and Gaige has been rising. I do believe I've got the quest open too, so I'd be down to host some night.

[quote name='Corvin']I'd love to hop on this weapon sharing train. I haven't finished the game yet, but if anyone wants to share, I'm down. I'll just load up my storage vault until I can use 'em.[/QUOTE]

Ditto to this. I know I added Daz a couple days ago, but it's been hard to find time to play lately. I should be around tomorrow if anyone is feeling generous and wants to share. :)

I'm also down to play some TVHM. I'm still in the beginning portion, pre-Sanctuary, if anyone would like to join me on my journey. GT: N7 HydroX

I'm down for some duping and some TVHM. I added DC yesterday, just trying to work in a time to get on at the same time. I've been trying to get legendary drops from Warrior and Terramorphous, but I got nothing at all. Just a lvl 50 Bee

GT: Streetskillz

[quote name='GUNNM']I want more story on Jack and why he felt the need to wear a mask.[/QUOTE]

The game unveiling his ridiculously f*cked up face with a vault symbol tattooed on it when you killed him wasn't enough? I'd bet good money it was another accident by a younger Angel or the same one that killed her mother.

Personally I just want more Butt Stallion, DLC characters and loot.

New codes - haven't tried them yet since when I fired up the xbox it's finally getting the fall update.

WinPC: CBKB3-3BKH9-XB3J3-BJB3B-H53CK PS3: WB5JJ-KX6HJ-XHJCT-ZBKJB-XW3J6 X360: WB5JJ-KX6CR-TFRBX-WFJJB-XW3S6

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
The game unveiling his ridiculously f*cked up face with a vault symbol tattooed on it when you killed him wasn't enough? I'd bet good money it was another accident by a younger Angel or the same one that killed her mother.

Personally I just want more Butt Stallion, DLC characters and loot.[/QUOTE]
Buy why a vault symbol on his face?

Shit just logged off of xbox and new code is up

Hooray for the badass rank reset. Just lost a bunch of golden keys and my entire badass rank. Had been meaning to back up my save to the cloud and spaced it.

bread's done
Back