Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm not as far along as everyone else but I hit Fyrestone last night. That was a cool little surprise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I came across this going through the right so I didn't see the actual opening and cemetery part until afterwards. I was like ahhhhhh.

Soooooo True Vault Hunter Mode (or game+), it says "The recommended level of entry into this mode is around 28-30."

Lol I'm level 34, just got the sidejacked challenge, so yeah I think it's time to wrap this up.

I went in from the right side also. I was walking through saying this area looks a lot like BL1, about that time I realized I was back in fyrestone. One of my favorite moments of the game.

See, I played the first game quite a bit and don't remember that location at all :lol:.

I beat the main game last night and was trying to find all the locations last night. I don't quite get it because I have all the "fog" cleared off every map and yet I am missing the last location achievement. I don't know where else to look.

Also, after the final battle, it was possible as the mechromncer to just let your character sit there and get all the exp you want. There are Volcanic Rakks that keep spawning over and over and they come quickly enough that your mech can just sit there indefinitely (with the extended time per kill skill) and take them out. I could have probably left the game on overnight. I just did it for one extra level (35->36) and then stopped. But I wonder how far you could take that. Of course the exp for the Rakks would decrease with each level but I was getting 100-200 for them at level 35.

I also got an orange drop at the end - not sure where it came from. It is a flak shotgun that is worth a ton of money but not all that useful. Maybe it would be good for swarms of enemies, but it is horrible for aiming at one. It seems to set off explosions all over the place.

I was trying to finish off all the challenges on this game before I moved on. I just had to clean up a few of the pistol and rocket launcher ones. And then of course there is stupid Jenkins. Where does he spawn from if you've already done the Doctor's Orders quest? Or should I just wait till TVHM (or whatever it is called)? And how do you start that up - just start a new game and it gives you that option?

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be fine. Codes will be good until Nov 4th

Keep an eye on the Gearbox Software Twitter and Borderlands Facebook on October 31, 2012 for SHiFT codes that unlock special spooky character customization skins in Borderlands 2 like the one above!
We'll start rolling out the codes around 10AM CT (What time is that for you?) with more to come throughout the day.
Each code will be active until Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:55PM CT (What time is that for you?)
To learn more about SHiFT codes and how to redeem them, visit support.gearboxsoftware.com

Whoa, Shift codes that aren't just for golden keys. That's awesome.

I'm kind of amazed that they haven't put any paid DLC costume/head packs on the Marketplace yet. I wonder if that's still coming.

I want a metal gear themed mechromancer head.

Also not sure if anyone picked up (I'm sure they have and I'm a month late) on this but to add to the other metal gear easter eggs in BL, when I picked Axton today he had a suit called the sneaking suit which is the name of a fatigue big boss can use in peacewalker. ^__^

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah I came across this going through the right so I didn't see the actual opening and cemetery part until afterwards. I was like ahhhhhh.

Soooooo True Vault Hunter Mode (or game+), it says "The recommended level of entry into this mode is around 28-30."

Lol I'm level 34, just got the sidejacked challenge, so yeah I think it's time to wrap this up.[/QUOTE]

That's how I am (nearly 32 on my Siren) but I just cannot stop doing side missions.

I finished my first PT at lvl 33. I was able to run through the main story line of PT2 at about the right level the whole time, saving all my side quests for 2.5

Yeah haha, dude that last mission was good, I thought the game built up to it and it delivered. So much loot but you can't get to the vending machine! NOOOOOoooooooooo. On to playthrough 2 now, hahaha.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah haha, dude that last mission was good, I thought the game built up to it and it delivered. So much loot but you can't get to the vending machine! NOOOOOoooooooooo. On to playthrough 2 now, hahaha.[/QUOTE]
Pick up what you want save and quit you'll respawn next to the vending machine and the final boss will have respawned

[quote name='io']See, I played the first game quite a bit and don't remember that location at all :lol:.
[/QUOTE]

Really? That's where the game opens and where you spend the first few hours. It's also where the Claptrap Revolution DLC ended.

I finished the game last night with a buddy. We both played the game independently solo except for a few hours here and there and actually ended up near the same point the other night. So we ran the last few missions together.

The warrior was easy as fuck. Maybe we were over leveled(I'm 33, he's 37 and finished the DLC), but neither of us died and we wiped him out in a few minutes. I was kinda bummed it was that easy. He had his commando turret taking out the Rakk which helped and we just focused on him and just obliterated him.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah haha, dude that last mission was good, I thought the game built up to it and it delivered. So much loot but you can't get to the vending machine! NOOOOOoooooooooo. On to playthrough 2 now, hahaha.[/QUOTE]
Pick up what you want and jump off into the lava. You'll respawn right next to the vending machine. Sell what you want then go back and pick up the rest. Rinse and repeat if needed.

@corvin I agree he was very easy on PT1, not so much on PT2

[quote name='Brother Daz']@GearboxSoftware: Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Maya Skin in Borderlands 2: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H [Details: http://t.co/rBmrBOgA][/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll be collecting these at the top of the OP for the convenience of those of us who don't have access to the 360 during the workday. :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Pick up what you want and jump off into the lava. You'll respawn right next to the vending machine. Sell what you want then go back and pick up the rest. Rinse and repeat if needed.
[/QUOTE]

Aren't you spending more respawning than you are earning selling weapons? Granted it all depends on open slots and your money. I think I had 6-7 open slots when I tackled the Warrior.

Hmm, I already had the new "spooky" skin available through Shift. I guess it can drop off Ultimate Badass Varkids. I don't know why they'd give away a skin that's already available in the game.

I guess it dropping in-game could be a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I didn't think of that. I guess it all depends on how much cash you have on hand. When I did it I didn't really have any money (I spend it all on slots)

Hmmm, weird. After entering the Shift code for Maya's skin and getting confirmation of her new skin i can't access it. Maybe it'll fix itself later.

[quote name='GhostShark']It will be an item in your inventory that you have to use, like all other customizations you get in the game.[/QUOTE]

OH DAMN, i totally forgot about that. thanks Ghost. Been taking a break from Borderlands to play Forza Horizon and i forgot about these little things.

[quote name='GhostShark']It will be an item in your inventory that you have to use, like all other customizations you get in the game.[/QUOTE]
Does it go into the inventory of each of your characters, or just the next one you load, or what?

ETA:

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3

[quote name='Brother Daz']I kinda wish they would have made up some new skins for this. I already have axtons and most likely zeros since he's my main character.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Cool for my lady though, since she wanted Maya's bumblebee get up anyway.

[quote name='One From Zero']Did not realize until today that you could unlock character customizations for classes other than the one picking them up. /duh[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I didn't realize that at first either. I sold or dropped a lot of non-Siren customization stuff on my first playthrough before I figured it out.

[quote name='GUNNM']I guess gaige doesn't get one[/QUOTE]

Naw, you're good.

"for the code to obtain the "Stinger Missile" customization for Gaige the Mechromancer!"

[quote name='IanKazimer']Naw, you're good.

"for the code to obtain the "Stinger Missile" customization for Gaige the Mechromancer!"[/QUOTE]
Are they all bumblebee themed? That's kind of random.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I finished my first PT at lvl 33. I was able to run through the main story line of PT2 at about the right level the whole time, saving all my side quests for 2.5[/QUOTE]

OK, someone explain to me the significance of playthrough 2.5? I keep seeing that mentioned. Why wouldn't you get everything else done on playthrough 2? I started TVHM last night and gained like 3 levels just getting to Sanctuary, so I don't think it will be a problem to hit 50. What (or why) are you saving anything for 2.5?

Also, some Wiki I was reading said you don't get the "You Will Die" (Terramorphous?) mission until you beat the game the second time. I got it after I beat it the first time. Of course it said it was level 50 and impossible so I didn't try it, but it is there in any case.

And by the way, it is not so straightforward to start up a TVHM game - thanks (not) to those who (didn't) answer my question about that earlier ;). You have to ditch your current character and then reselect it to get that option. Starting a new game doesn't give you the option. But when I started a new character, realized I didn't want to start from scratch, then went back to my last character, it finally gave me the option. So, yeah, akward UI design there, but whatever...

[quote name='io']OK, someone explain to me the significance of playthrough 2.5? I keep seeing that mentioned. Why wouldn't you get everything else done on playthrough 2? I started TVHM last night and gained like 3 levels just getting to Sanctuary, so I don't think it will be a problem to hit 50. What (or why) are you saving anything for 2.5?[/QUOTE]
It's not actually another playthrough. PT2.5 just means that everything in the game levels up to 50 after you beat Jack the second time. Your quests don't change from PT2. The reason you might want to save sidequests until then is to get certain quest rewards (like Flame of the Firehawk or Law and Order for example) at their level 50 versions.

All you need to do in the future to change between playthroughs is press Y on the character selection screen. ;)

At 2.5 all your rewards will scale to lvl 50. So all the side quest items will be lvl 50 instead of whatever the recommended level is in pt2. You can do the others if you need the extra xp but save anything the gives items as rewards. The orange fire shield you get from Lilith early in the game is a good example.

Edit- all that typing on my phone only to be ninja'd

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's not actually another playthrough. PT2.5 just means that everything in the game levels up to 50 after you beat Jack the second time. Your quests don't change from PT2. The reason you might want to save sidequests until then is to get certain quest rewards (like Flame of the Firehawk or Law and Order for example) at their level 50 versions.

All you need to do in the future to change between playthroughs is press Y on the character selection screen. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I didn't want to change characters (which is what it says for 'Y' on the screen) so that was not obvious to me at first glance. I wanted to use the same character. But yeah, now I get it.

As for the sidequests... interesting. I was about to do the Flame of the Firehawk quest to get that shield at a much higher level than the one I got before (I'm around 39 now). But now maybe I'll hold off till I'm at 50. That makes sense. So you just power through to beat the game again, but then don't restart - you just clean up sidemissions with rewards at that point? OK...

I had asked about this before - any tips on the location achievements? I'm missing the one for Eridium Blight/etc areas (and of course also the one for all areas) even though I got all the fog cleared off each and every map (I went through them all to check). Of course, this was in PT1. On the TVHM PT it is all reset again.

Check every map and make sure you see a border around everything and everything is showing on the map. There are a few places where you'll see a small circle that's still covered. Look close and you'll see it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Check every map and make sure you see a border around everything and everything is showing on the map. There are a few places where you'll see a small circle that's still covered. Look close and you'll see it.[/QUOTE]

I went through every map one by one and did this. I had a few fuzzy areas near some edges but when I went out to those they weren't new named areas - just corners I hadn't been to. The last dark circle I had was the area down in a cave in the Eridium Blight I think. The entrance is blocked by electricity and you have to shoot a fuse up above a turret to open it up. I thought for sure once I figured that out the achievements would pop but no such luck. What I was wondering was if there were any areas that were hidden but did not show as circles on the maps? I mean there pretty much has to be or my game has glitched since I checked out every map (minus the DLC where it did glitch on me - I found two hidden areas and the badass challenges for them reset afterwards).

I'll check out the link Ryuukishi and see if there's anything there.

I have yet to face Terramorphous - is he in a new "named" area? That could be it. But then I think the quest for him was in an area where I did get the location achievement (I have the Highlands/etc one).

Unlock the Mechromancer's spooky "Stinger Missile" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H

[quote name='io']What I was wondering was if there were any areas that were hidden but did not show as circles on the maps? I mean there pretty much has to be or my game has glitched since I checked out every map (minus the DLC where it did glitch on me - I found two hidden areas and the badass challenges for them reset afterwards).[/QUOTE]

I'm only midway through PT1 so don't know for sure. The Minecraft area comes to mind as I read your posts, though. I know it is outside the boundaries of the map. Maybe there are more like it (and they count toward the cheevo). Dunno.

[quote name='Brother Daz']io have you been to the very top of the volcano?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Did that the other day - that was the only fog I had left in that area. That didn't even unlock as a named area (with exp like some do) but I read that the entire map has to be uncovered as well so it counted for that I guess. Looking at a guide it does seem that some named areas don't show as fog on the map. So I'll just have to go through them all in Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, and Sawtooth Cauldron.

For example, I might have missed this one, from http://www.trueachievements.com/a167560/blight-explorer-achievement.htm?showguides=1:

User Ladybusiness has pointed out another hard to find location. In Sawtooth Cauldron once you reach the top of the Buzzard Nest (big platform in the middle of the map), you will need to jump off of the SW corner into a small camp to reveal an area. There is a small bit of loot in this camp as well.

bread's done
Back