Borderlands 39.96 at Wal-Mart [Canada Only]

bi-gE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry this deal is Canada Only!

Seems that Wal-Mart is up to its old tricks, this time with the release of Borderlands. 39.96 make it an instant purchase. Wonder if everyone else will match this time. Good time to be a Canadian! :D

scan0001k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='constellation']Hopefully I get the shipping notice from BestBuy tomorrow. This is frustrating as hell.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is very frustrating, thankfully it seems they're taking more orders for Borderlands at $69.99 so I'm hoping it's because they're expecting stock. Before Futureshop shipped theirs they also started taking orders at full price.

I don't expect to receive the game until at least Thursday though...

[quote name='constellation']Hopefully I get the shipping notice from BestBuy tomorrow. This is frustrating as hell.[/QUOTE]
Same here, this waiting and uncertainty is driving me nuts.

I would like to see the sales numbers for this game.

It is even sold out at all the WM's in Nova Scotia. And the off the radar games aren't known for selling here. Unless the Game is Cabella's Big Game Hunting, usually people just buy what advertising tells them to.

I am hoping the WM's get more stock in before price goes back up.

EDIT: just talked to a couple WM's, and they got stock in this morning.

~S

[quote name='onemorechanc']I received a shipping notice email from Futureshop last night. It states that the game has been shipped, and is scheduled to arrive on the 28th.[/QUOTE]

Well, the potential delivery date was wrong, but I am not complaining ... it was just delivered to me two days early.

Lucky.

Anyway, I'm taking the hour-long bus ride tonight to the Kitchener Wal-Mart to see if they have it in stock. Stupid Best Buy online pre-orders.

I checked the Walmart on Ottawa/Fischer-Hallman yesterday and they were OOS on both 360 and PS3. Still have my "pre-orders" on BB.ca.. grr

I checked bestbuy.ca last night and while it showed out of stock, when I put the game in my cart it said it was available to ship. I just checked bestbuy.ca again and Borderlands is now in stock for both the xbox 360 and PS3. I hope that means we will all get our games in the next few days.

Xbox 360
---------

PS3
----

***Update***

I am not sure if those shopping at futureshop had a delay in shipping but, they are also showing Borderlands in stock online for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. Looks like we will be shooting mutants while DJ Champion echoes through our heads very soon.

[quote name='supergrover99'] I just checked bestbuy.ca again and Borderlands is now in stock for both the xbox 360 and PS3. I hope that means we will all get our games in the next few days.
[/QUOTE]
Awesome. My order status page still shows it as being out of stock, but if it's in stock on the product page they'll have to ship our copies out tomorrow.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Bestbuy.ca is listing all versions as being out of stock again now.[/QUOTE]

... I really hope they ship our copies out today (Tuesday), this is starting to get very ridiculous...

[quote name='constellation']How the fuck did this not ship yet? What the hell, Best Buy. For the record, all the Wal-Marts around me are sold out as well.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting here too. I hope it comes this week.

[quote name='sh10151']Still waiting here too. I hope it comes this week.[/QUOTE]

Same boat here, this is pretty ridiculous, i'm tempted to buy it full price else where and return and when BB finally sends it, return it to that retailer...

LOL... Just checked and Borderlands is "BACK" in stock for a second time in two days at best buy (both Xbox 360, and PS3) and futureshop (Just the PS3 version). Come on best buy just suck it up and ship your pre-order's already.

*** Ok now the ps3 version is out of stock at bestbuy and futureshop has the ps3 version in stock.......wtf.......I am not looking at stock anymore, this is driving me nuts.

[quote name='supergrover99']LOL... Just checked and Borderlands is "BACK" in stock for a second time in two days at best buy (both Xbox 360, and PS3) and futureshop (Just the PS3 version). Come on best buy just suck it up and ship your pre-order's already.[/QUOTE]

Good Find, if they don't ship it by tomorrow something's definitely going on...

Jeez, Bestbuy still hasn't shipped Borderlands a week after launch, but at least Futureshop just shipped my copy of Ratchet on it's launch day. Looks like I'll have something to keep me busy til Bestbuy decides to get their stuff together.

Is this still available for this price at Wal-Mart? The site says it is but I guess they probably don't have any copies left? :/

Also, for you guys that price-matched, where did you have success with it?

Oh my god. I went to Bestbuy on Sunday because it said they had some in stock at my store, and when I got there, they said they didn't even GET the shipment of 360 Borderlands. It is no where to be found in the south side of Edmonton...fuck.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Obviously Best Buy is just hoping we'll just cancel our orders and go buy it somewhere else. Bunch of bastards.[/QUOTE]

I am sure this is what happened.

[quote name='t1me']Oh my god. I went to Bestbuy on Sunday because it said they had some in stock at my store, and when I got there, they said they didn't even GET the shipment of 360 Borderlands. It is no where to be found in the south side of Edmonton...fuck.[/QUOTE]

Or they're hiding their stock.

Has anyone asked bestbuy what's up with our pre-orders not shipping? I was just going to write an email but wondered if someone else has already received a response from them about it.

Hey guys check your order status. I haven't gotten an email from bestbuy but, when I logged in and checked my status it said that my order had been shipped. I was also able to print off an invoice. In case you were wondering it was the PS3 version.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Congrats. Nothing changed for me, and the cancel button is still available. When did you place your order? Mine was made Oct. 15th 20:06 PST.[/QUOTE]

October 15, 2009 at 19:29 (PST)

Beat you buy a few minutes ;) My status literally had just changed so they still might change yours.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Has anyone asked bestbuy what's up with our pre-orders not shipping? I was just going to write an email but wondered if someone else has already received a response from them about it.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them today, I'll post a response when I get one. I really don't expect much other than "we apologize for the inconvienience we are working as fast as possible blah blah blah," though.

[quote name='supergrover99']Hey guys check your order status. I haven't gotten an email from bestbuy but, when I logged in and checked my status it said that my order had been shipped. I was also able to print off an invoice. In case you were wondering it was the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Congrats, it's good to see someone got theirs :)

Ordered a 360 copy on October 15, 2009 at 20:29 (PST), still says out of stock :(

[quote name='doctor_payne13']I emailed them today, I'll post a response when I get one. I really don't expect much other than "we apologize for the inconvienience we are working as fast as possible blah blah blah," though.[/QUOTE]

I tried emailing them last week and didn't get a response, hope you have better luck.

[quote name='supergrover99']October 15, 2009 at 19:29 (PST)

Beat you buy a few minutes ;) My status literally had just changed so they still might change yours.[/QUOTE]

Made mine on the 15th at 18:47, and nothing's shipped for me :cry:

Shipping order could also be based on your location, like maybe one warehouse in the West got stock and one in the East didn't. I'm in Toronto, where are you supergrover?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Shipping order could also be based on your location, like maybe one warehouse in the West got stock and one in the East didn't. I'm in Toronto, where are you supergrover?[/QUOTE]

I live in Mississauga. The website says it's shipping from Vancouver. I know their head office is located in BC (my friend went to go work for them).

I just got an e-mail confirmation that it shipped. Hopefully some more people get a confirmation. They might just be working through their orders right now. With all the stock fluctuations over the last two days I doubt I am the only one who is going to get it.

Shipping from Vancouver, interesting. I'll post if anything changes, but I don't think my order is going to have shipped today since the cancel button is still available. Today my Ratchet order from FS first got rid of the cancel button, then a couple hours later status changed to shipped, then 3-4 hours after that I got an email confirming it.

I can tell you that it scanned at $39.99 on monday for ps3. Wal-Mart does a pretty shitty job with their website, they don't even list a ps3 version. So it might be worth a phone call.
~S

Quebec sales are from Wed to Tuesday, so today's Quebec Wal-Mart have Borderlands at regular price (since we are Wednesday, we are now in new flyer world in Quebec).

Other provinces should have Borderlands cheap till Thursday night (before Friday).

[quote name='cashinstinct']
Other provinces should have Borderlands cheap till Thursday night (before Friday).[/QUOTE]
Hard to believe that, when their website has apparently put it back up to $65.

Guess i'll be going to Walmart after work to see if they got any in.. hard to believe if BestBuy and FutureShop can't supply peeps with preorders and still Out of Stock on their websites..

Anybody had any luck @ Walmart today?

The Walmart in Scarborough had the PS3 version in stock yesterday when I went, the bottom of the price tag (on display) showed a date of Oct 27. That could mean the price is only good up to that date, and a new price will come in effect after.

Wow, i cant believe people haven't received it yet. Guess i was lucky to find it on the 20th. The sales numbers here must be way above expectations.

Hopefully deals like this show that games priced at $40 will sell out quick and maybe(although doubtfully) they'll consider lowering the prices permanently.

I called them when borderlands was in stock online yesterday and they said my order was being "verified", not sure exactly what they're verifying?, I've emailed them twice with no response, and now I've had to resort to twitter to hopefully get someone to notice...

The only positive is that I received an email today saying that if you spend $35 on an Xbox 360 game you get 400 points (or $5 off) but that doesn't help everyone, and it takes them WAY too long to add the points to your total, like does it really take over 1 week?

Hopefully someone got their game shipped today...

Doesn't it take about 35 days for them to put rewardzone points into your account?

I'm still waiting for any status change on my order, so far still nothing. Been enjoying Ratchet, though.

I just emailed them and asked what's up. At least I think I emailed them, once I hit submit it just reloaded the page with all of the fields cleared out, no confirmation.

By the time BB gets their butt (to put it nicely) in gear, all my friends who are already playing will be done playing it at this rate. I almost have a bad feeling that I might get the cancellation e-mail or just plain ol' no notice about nothing and the order gets cancelled anyways. If FS & BB are owned by the same company, why would FS pre-orders be getting their orders and BB not? Doesn't make sense, I am very frustrated to say the least. Never will I pre-order anything from them again. Just brutal to say the least.

bread's done
Back