Borderlands discussion - Is Moxxi hot or not?

I'm going to be getting the game soonish thanks to the offer on Zavvi, so if anyone is still up for some co-op let me know.

I seriously hope the new content reflects the level cap boost.

Higher level cap, higher level cap on items, higher level cap on enemies, more skills points...the game seems it will be the same just with the volume turned up louder. Hopefully more Scooter means exploring the vehicle aspect of the game + more multiplayer and more replayability.

Granted, I'll probably still buy it. Good news.

I haven't hit the cap yet, but still great news. Can only imagine what the story would be.

Not related: About what level do you start getting the Eridian weapons? I got one from a box in the southeast of Rust Commons East, the Cannon, but so far that's it.

I really want to get At least Zombie Island, but man I have a hard time spending 800MSP on it. Now I think I should wait on the New DLC because at least the level cap is raised.

fucking awesome, more DLC. I just beat Zombie Island earlier tonight and had an excellent time; I'd definitely say it's worth the 800 points if you really like the game, but I may be a bit biased because I loved the main story, and I've gotten a boatload of MSP for cheap.

[quote name='Shockdrop']I haven't hit the cap yet, but still great news. Can only imagine what the story would be.

Not related: About what level do you start getting the Eridian weapons? I got one from a box in the southeast of Rust Commons East, the Cannon, but so far that's it.[/QUOTE]

I found the Eridian lightning gun (alien sniper) my first run through Arid Wastelands (beginning area). I wanna say I was in my mid teens and the wpn was lvl 19...in fact when I found it, the Claptrap gave the ole' "you found a lignting weapon" speech. Shortly after reaching New Haven, it started to spawn more frequently.

Hah! Just beat Zombie Island. Fun, but
Ned was impossbly easy. 3 Head shots, then dead. Undead Ned, same, spammed headshots where he couldn't reach. He could, but kinda stood there like an idiot...

Woot! New DLC detailed. Secret Armory of General Knoxx. Biggest DLC yet, with new guns and items, higher lvl cap, new areas, cars (Only shown is a truck), and enemies (Giant robots)

Can't give link atm, so just go to Kotaku or something...2 screens btw.

Link.

Obviously we don't know much about this yet, but it seems like they are making it out to be much more substantial than the previous DLCs. This could end up being more of a $15-20 "expansion." Just speculating. In any case that Crimson Lance armor looks badass.

yea, thats exactly the impression im getting too.
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Link.

Obviously we don't know much about this yet, but it seems like they are making it out to be much more substantial than the previous DLCs. This could end up being more of a $15-20 "expansion." Just speculating. In any case that Crimson Lance armor looks badass.[/QUOTE]

Anyone up for some co-op? I've had the game since release but have yet to play online co-op, just the couch variety. I'm gonna be on for the next hour or two most likely. I'm level 45 and working on quests around the New Haven area. My gamertag is Bahamut81.

I'm hoping it'll still be 800 ms pts. I already have the other 2 DLC's, and even though Moxxxie is a hotttie and we're having fun in the underdome it didn't seem worth 800 pts. As for crimson lance mechs? Time to dust off that Defiler.

Quick question. I just finished my first playthrough. Is there a suggested level or time to do the DLC? If I bought the DLC could I go do it now or are you supposed to get through the second playthrough or lev 50 etc to do the DLC?

[quote name='Banjora']Quick question. I just finished my first playthrough. Is there a suggested level or time to do the DLC? If I bought the DLC could I go do it now or are you supposed to get through the second playthrough or lev 50 etc to do the DLC?[/QUOTE]
Moxxi will scale to the host's exact level, I think. Dr. Ned will scale to a degree, but before playthrough 2.5 the zombies are capped at 43 or 44. So if you are any higher than that, I'd wait until you beat PT2 and let them scale to 50.

Anyone out there want to play some Mad Moxxi with me? I'm still on the first mission; I only have the The Angelic Ruins left to beat.

I only have one buddy with the Underdome DLC, and he rarely plays (he doesn't even have internet right now, lol).

I'm a level 47 Hunter. Just shoot me a message on Live saying Underdome or something; my GT is listed at the left.

The achievement list for "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx" - Borderlands' third DLC package - indicates the level cap in Borderlands has been raised to at least 61.

Rumors also have it that the level cap raise will go to 70, which sounds plausible. It's unlikely Gearbox would stop on an odd number.

There are 10 more achievements worth 250 Gamerscore. In addition to the level cap raise, it looks like we'll build cars, kill midgets and fight a big crab. Here they are:
• Making a Monster (10)
Build the New Car: Monster

• Athena, Out (25)
Rescue Athena

• Depot Demolition (25)
Destroy the Lance Depot

• Vincible (50)
Kill Crawmerax the Invincible

• Sneaky Little Buggers (25)
Kill each of the loot midgets

• Speed Kills (25)
Destroy a Lancer while in a Racer

• Ding! Overleveled (15)
Reach Level 51

• Ding! Overleveled to 11 (40)
Reach Level 61

• Completionist (25)
Complete all missions in Secret Armory

• Secret Achievement (10)
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.​
-Kotaku

I'm excited. However, my backlog isn't.

Looks awesome. Can't wait to sink some more hours into the game!

I wonder if this means the DLC is imminent. Last time the new achievements didn't actually get added to the game until the day of release.

Yeah, I noticed the game went up to 1500 earlier today. I doubt they would throw up the achievements if the DLC was far from release, so my fingers are crossed!

s'funny...you think they could break down achievement awards into even more catagories for the fun of it. 15 for hitting level 51? C'mon, I bet 99% of the ppl who start up a game with their primary character will probably almost ding to 61. 40 gamerpoints for hitting lvl 61? I'd rather have that divied up for doing cool car stunts. More secret achievements.

Otherwise, I'm quite excited about the new DLC.

[quote name='Weepingwillow']Looks like the "Borderlands Add On Pack" that was listed isn't the new DLC, but a boxed version of the two previous DLCs.

This might be good for people who have store credit to a specific place.

Amazon Link
http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Z..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265982089&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm waiting for a sale on that to get those DLC. Disc based DLC will go on sale long before the digital.

Thinking about picking this game up. How do you know when you join a coop game if the player is ahead or behind you? I dont want to do a lot of missions in somebody elses game just to find out Ill have to repeat them in my own game later on.

Easiest thing to do is host your own game and let other people join you, that way you never have to worry about credit for missions. Otherwise, the game makes it pretty clear when someone is too far ahead of you, there will be a message saying that you won't get credit for the mission.

I finished my lvl 50 soldier and playing through as Brick now loving the Siren. Having elemental damage on everything plus using a shock x3 shotgun I just ripped into Sledge's shields like butter. haha! Switch to Rocket Launcher, no more Sledge.

Gamespot had a first look at the new DLC

• New level cap is 61 (lolwut?)
  • 11 skill points to go along with the levels
  • Will be 800 MSP ($10)
  • Will be coming "very very soon"
  • Female Lance Assassins and Skag-riding Midgets

This is going to be epic

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they are capable of adding an entire new class as DLC or if they'll just save that for a sequel.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I finished my lvl 50 soldier and playing through as Brick now loving the Siren. Having elemental damage on everything plus using a shock x3 shotgun I just ripped into Sledge's shields like butter. haha! Switch to Rocket Launcher, no more Sledge.[/QUOTE]

I've only played with my Siren (45), but I can't go back to non-elemental weapons. I'll pick some up that do significant more damage but being able to set someone on fire and duck behind cover while they burn is so much more fun.

I'm still leveling my hunter up, but thinking of starting a new game tonight and playing a Siren. I Loved elemental pistols as a hunter so she seems to fit with my play style. Any tips on what skills I should get as soon as they become available.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I'm still leveling my hunter up, but thinking of starting a new game tonight and playing a Siren. I Loved elemental pistols as a hunter so she seems to fit with my play style. Any tips on what skills I should get as soon as they become available.[/QUOTE]

If you want elemental power Spark should come first, though, you may or may not have weapons to utilize the skill. Diva is highly valuable for me (I pair this with the best/fastest health regenerating shield and defender mod for extra shield power and I need it even at level 38 having just began my second playthrough), Quicksilver is also good. Inner Glow for health regeneration while phasewalking, dramatic entrance to daze enemies while phasewalking, radiance to add shock damage while phasewalking, and venom to add corrosion when you melee (also good while phasewalking), the explosion or incendiary return mod works great for a trifecta of elemental damage. In fact if that's what you're into, just go all the elemental stuff with a smattering of some of the other skills needed. I find that I can generally phasewalk into a bunch of enemies and unleash a grenade and shoot everywhere with my +4 incendiary smg and I make short work of the regular baddies. Phoenix sets everything on fire and is badass since most things can easily be taken care of with the burning.

[quote name='lolwut?']Gamespot had a first look at the new DLC

• New level cap is 61 (lolwut?)
  • 11 skill points to go along with the levels
  • Will be 800 MSP ($10)
  • Will be coming "very very soon"
  • Female Lance Assassin's and Skag-riding Midgets

This is going to be epic[/QUOTE]

You said it, thanks for the info.:bouncy:

This is about a new boss/weapons, so if you don't want anything spoiled, don't read.

Borderlands already has a crazy awesome assortment of weapons and "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx" is going to be introducing even more. Some of the new weapons are so rare and so ridiculous that a new color rating higher than orange, called pearlescent, has been introduced to classify these new guns.

While these new weapons are super rare, there is one good source where you'll find the pearlescent weapons at more often than not. That source being a special boss character called Crawmerax the Invincible who appears after you've completed the main story in the upcoming DLC.

Good luck trying to defeat Crawmerax, though. This is the toughest boss you'll come across and it doesn't help that he's at level 64 while you're capped at level 61. A team of four will obviously be needed but it'll still be a pretty difficult challenge.

The battle is tough, but the potential payoff will be worth it. Truth be told, I'm really looking forward to all the people losing their sh*t through Twitter as people Tweet their frustrations. Check out our interview with Gearbox from earlier today for more info on Borderlands DLC

From: http://www.destructoid.com/borderlands-dlc-3-features-ridiculous-new-weapons-164246.phtml

My thoughts:

Awesome. Although, I swear there are already pearlescent guns in Borderlands right now. I have a TMP Cold Thantos that is white, but it's worth a million five and it's probably the best Repeater I've ever some across. It's also legendary, and has the "Big Tony says "Hi" text in red.

lolwut,

I remember that when the game launched Gearbox said that
pearlescent weapons
was a glitch. Did you pick it up in an online co-op? It might be modded.

[quote name='reddjoey']lolwut,

pearlescent weapons
was a glitch. Did you pick it up in an online co-op? It might be modded.[/QUOTE]

No, I just got it at the end of Zombie Island. I think it was
normal Dr. Ned
who dropped it, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='reddjoey']lolwut,

pearlescent weapons
was a glitch. Did you pick it up in an online co-op? It might be modded.[/QUOTE]

That can't be right--I've gotten a few through normal single player gameplay. I've even purchased them from vending machines.

[quote name='Redeema']If you want elemental power Spark should come first, though, you may or may not have weapons to utilize the skill. Diva is highly valuable for me (I pair this with the best/fastest health regenerating shield and defender mod for extra shield power and I need it even at level 38 having just began my second playthrough), Quicksilver is also good. Inner Glow for health regeneration while phasewalking, dramatic entrance to daze enemies while phasewalking, radiance to add shock damage while phasewalking, and venom to add corrosion when you melee (also good while phasewalking), the explosion or incendiary return mod works great for a trifecta of elemental damage. In fact if that's what you're into, just go all the elemental stuff with a smattering of some of the other skills needed. I find that I can generally phasewalk into a bunch of enemies and unleash a grenade and shoot everywhere with my +4 incendiary smg and I make short work of the regular baddies. Phoenix sets everything on fire and is badass since most things can easily be taken care of with the burning.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips. I'll give her a try tonight!

Mad Moxxi, Angelic Ruins Long Tournament, lvl 50, right now. Any takers? FR me, or join my party. Right now we have room for two more.

bread's done
Back