Borderlands discussion - Is Moxxi hot or not?

I just beat Knoxx yesterday and am finally level 61! All I've got left to do now is a couple of missions here and there and then it's back to Moxxi to finish up the last couple of tournaments.

[quote name='Corvin']Cool, if there is a GOTY around the corner, I would assume that means new DLC can't be far behind. Yea![/QUOTE]
usually when they come out with a goty edition doesn't that mean that theyre done for dlc content?

while i know that its not an absolute rule, many goty editions that have come out like fable II, gears of war, fallout 3 etc usually close out the additional content for the game.

[quote name='shosh']usually when they come out with a goty edition doesn't that mean that theyre done for dlc content?

while i know that its not an absolute rule, many goty editions that have come out like fable II, gears of war, fallout 3 etc usually close out the additional content for the game.[/QUOTE]

They've already said they are working on a "DLC #4" and have ideas for smaller DLC expansions like backpack & skill level upgrades. I hope they haven't dropped it as I think there is still plenty of life left in this game.

[quote name='Corvin']They've already said they are working on a "DLC #4" and have ideas for smaller DLC expansions like backpack & skill level upgrades. I hope they haven't dropped it as I think there is still plenty of life left in this game.[/QUOTE]They're probably going to make DLC #4 "exclusive" to the GOTY edition for a limited time (so that everyone purchases it), and THEN release it on the marketplace as a huge fuck you to everyone who bought the GOTY edition just to get that last piece of DLC.

[quote name='Ma12kez']They're probably going to make DLC #4 "exclusive" to the GOTY edition for a limited time (so that everyone purchases it), and THEN release it on the marketplace as a huge fuck you to everyone who bought the GOTY edition just to get that last piece of DLC.[/QUOTE]
Gearbox has been pretty generous so far. The amount of content in Knoxx for $10 was ridiculous compared to what $7 gets you from Bioware or Valve. I don't think they're inclined to start screwing us now.

Gave up on waiting for the DLC. I thought we would hear about it around E3. With the GOTY coming out I think they have moved on to Borderlands 2. Anyway loved the game and got all the DLC. Traded it this weekend for Crackdown 2. I did all the above for my son too. We purchased all the DLC for both our systems so that we could co-op it all the way. Loved it. Now we both grabbed Crackdown 2 and are having fun with co-op on it.

[quote name='BREVITY']Gave up on waiting for the DLC. I thought we would hear about it around E3. With the GOTY coming out I think they have moved on to Borderlands 2. Anyway loved the game and got all the DLC. Traded it this weekend for Crackdown 2. I did all the above for my son too. We purchased all the DLC for both our systems so that we could co-op it all the way. Loved it. Now we both grabbed Crackdown 2 and are having fun with co-op on it.[/QUOTE]
yea im pretty much done with this game for my xbox. but i cant really trade it in since i feel like an asshole with all this dlc i paid but no game if i sold it.

[quote name='BREVITY']With the GOTY coming out I think they have moved on to Borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]

Actually Gearbox is working on an Aliens game right now. Question is if they have a small team working on Borderlands DLC or if it has fallen by the wayside.

[quote name='eastx']Gearbox is also most assuredly working on Borderlands 2. They just haven't announced it yet.[/QUOTE]
i think we can all assume so. I don't know where anyone got the info that gearbox is working on another dlc

[quote name='shosh'] I don't know where anyone got the info that gearbox is working on another dlc[/QUOTE]

Because Take-Two confirmed it back in March

"The Secret Armory of General Knoxx has been the highest scoring and best received in the series, which illustrates the ongoing strength of this new franchise," Feder said.

"We'll continue to support the title with more add-on content, and our approach to digital content for Borderlands gives us a road map for other titles going forward."

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wow, was Knoxx really four months ago? I guess if Gearbox plans to release anything else, they'd better get moving.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that Knoxx was already in the works when Moxxi got hit with horrendous reviews(and sales?) so they put any post Knoxx plans on hold until Knoxx hit to see how well it did.

Pure speculation on my part though.

[quote name='Corvin']My guess is that Knoxx was already in the works when Moxxi got hit with horrendous reviews(and sales?) so they put any post Knoxx plans on hold until Knoxx hit to see how well it did.

Pure speculation on my part though.[/QUOTE]
That was my guess, too. I just hope they hurry along with the DLC because I need something to keep the game fresh for me.

bump for those who don't know about the Xbl DotW.

also does anyone know if there's a difference between dlc 1 and 2 when downloaded vs the dis add-on? capacity or maybe patched?

For those not watching twitter:

[quote name='Will Smith of tested.com']
Really happy that there's more DLC coming for Borderlands. I want to give those dudes more money. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mikey Neumann of Gearbox']And we'll let you!!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Will Smith of tested.com']I'm ever so hopeful it's more like General Knoxx ;) [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mikey Neumann of Gearbox']The big dogs are watching me like a hawk. Must...resist....urge..
[/QUOTE]

Would anyone want to help me complete the final few missions of General Knoxx. I'm also picking up Zombie Island tomorrow so it'd be awesome if someone wanted to co-op through that one as well.

I am a level 15 giving it a go for the first time. The game got kinda hard and it's kinda hard to kill some of these level 20 enemies. Anyone want to help me? I used to create a game and people would just join in but it seems either no one is playing or they just aren't joining my games.

Are you doing all the side quests on the bounty boards? I don't think I ever fought anyone 5 levels above me. Generally everything stayed within 2-3 levels.

Zombie Island was really good and I finished all that up. Mad Moxxi is okay but not that great. I'll probably use the low level host trick to get the achievements on that. Might start General Knoxx soon. Tried at level 49 and it kicked my ass. I'm a level 52 solider now.

Overall, I love this game. It has been in my 360 pretty much non stop. My other games are getting sad, lol.

[quote name='eliter1']I am a level 15 giving it a go for the first time. The game got kinda hard and it's kinda hard to kill some of these level 20 enemies. Anyone want to help me? I used to create a game and people would just join in but it seems either no one is playing or they just aren't joining my games.[/QUOTE]

You definitely need a buddy to do co-op with you. It makes it much easier. If I still had a copy, I'd jump in. I rented from Gamefly and returned it already though. Good luck!

might finish up the main game on my first character, the soldier class. any way to power level new chartacters without having someone else help?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']might finish up the main game on my first character, the soldier class. any way to power level new chartacters without having someone else help?[/QUOTE]

Two controllers.

[quote name='life.exe']Two controllers.[/QUOTE]

can you elaborate? can guest accounts use characters that my gt created, if so I guess that will work.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']can you elaborate? can guest accounts use characters that my gt created, if so I guess that will work.[/QUOTE]
What I did was get a bunch of high level loot with my first character, start another character with a second controller and gamertag and give all of the high level loot to that second gamertag character, then go to my new character and have the second gamertag character give my new character all of the high level loot which I sold and got a ton of experience for. If you have already ran through General Knoxx with your first character you can get to level 40 in about two to three hours.

Could turn out to be fake, but here goes:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108873
Some info on DLC4. Major spoilers!!

Spoiler free version:

9 Main missions
12 Side missions

New characters
New enemies

10 new areas.

More Claptraps

Looks to be a new baddie focused.

Some spoiler talk here in this tag.
This guy looks to be involved!!!
images

Can't wait to see the crazy Claptrap baddies!

Id like to get Borderladns with all the DLC at once since Ive been holding off on it for a while now. Hopefully it retails for $50 or less

Now that my wife is tired of this game and doesn't play with me anymore, I'd like to play online. But I hear it's full of jerks with modded items that can corrupt your save file. Is it safe to play online with random people or should I just stick to my friends list (if I can find anyone else who has this game)?

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']Now that my wife is tired of this game and doesn't play with me anymore, I'd like to play online. But I hear it's full of jerks with modded items that can corrupt your save file. Is it safe to play online with random people or should I just stick to my friends list (if I can find anyone else who has this game)?[/QUOTE]

The majority of people with modded weapons generally stick to the General Knoxx DLC and sometimes the Moxxi DLC for the bank. Stick with the original game or the Zombie DLC and you probably wont run into many modders.

[quote name='majornelson']
Got an email from 2K saying Borderland is getting new DLC next month called Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution [/QUOTE]

scaled.php

scaled.php

I'm sure we will see more info out today, although Mikey said no comment on twitter last night.

Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/5610037/latest-borderlands-dlc-revealed-and-detailed
The latest downloadable installment for sci-fi shooter Borderlands has been made official. The fourth Borderlands DLC is dubbed "Claptrap's New Robot Revolution". In Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, players must put down a deadly mechanical uprising. A civil war has broken out between an armada lead by Hyperion Corporation and the Claptraps lead by the Ninja Assassin.

"A year ago Borderlands was an untested brand that through hard work and a lot of passion, turned out to be one of the best-selling, claptastic and skagtacular games we have ever created," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K, in an official release. "A year later, we are releasing our fourth DLC installment, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, which illustrates our enthusiasm for creating highly entertaining content that enhances a franchise. In addition to serving as the perfect bookend to the original game, what gamer doesn't love a kung-fu-wielding Ninja Assassin Claptrap with nunchuck skills?"

The fourth Borderlands DLC follows up on previously released Borderlands downloadable content The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution will be released on the PSN, Windows PC and Xbox LIVE this September for US$9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points.

Notice he says bookend... could be the last DLC.

Awesome, looks like the leaks were more or less correct. This sounds like the perfect way to send the game off, now bring on Borderworlds! :)

[quote name='eastx']Quit beating me to the punch! You abdicated the thread, remember? :p Ah well, good news![/QUOTE]

I think you have my confused with Happy Panda (the OG OP) LOL.

Sorry eastx, but I keep forgetting that you are an active OP.

[quote name='life.exe']The majority of people with modded weapons generally stick to the General Knoxx DLC and sometimes the Moxxi DLC for the bank. Stick with the original game or the Zombie DLC and you probably wont run into many modders.[/QUOTE]

I thought mandatory patches got rid of modded items...

bread's done
Back