Borderlands discussion - Is Moxxi hot or not?

Just played more of this last night and I gotta say am having more fun with enemies in Knoxx now that they've tweaked the difficulty and enemy levels. I'm on the last round I believe of Circle of Duty with my lvl 67 Soldier. :)

Hey everyone, If anyone is interested in playing I just bought the GOTY edition. I have a lvl 50 siren from before, but I'm more interested in started from scratch. All my friends have moved on so I'm looking for some people to play with. Please send me a FR if you want to play sometime this week.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Hey everyone, If anyone is interested in playing I just bought the GOTY edition. I have a lvl 50 siren from before, but I'm more interested in started from scratch. All my friends have moved on so I'm looking for some people to play with. Please send me a FR if you want to play sometime this week.[/QUOTE]

I won't be able to play this week, but I would love to get some co-op in. I have a few achievements to go to 100% too. GT: Renegade Moose.

Okay, Moose I'll send you an FR. Just PM me when you have time to play. This game is really best with people so I can put it on the back burner until whenever we can get people together.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That will change.[/QUOTE]

I know, eventually it becomes "Hey, Let's Go Shoot Some Goddamn Spiderants."

Nah, there's always that initial period of any RPG where you keep getting crushed and it's frustrating until you level up and return and blow the crap out of everything. It was a lot of fun.

I would, however, like to have a word or two with Gearbox about the ending. 50 hours, Gearbox.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Hey everyone, If anyone is interested in playing I just bought the GOTY edition. I have a lvl 50 siren from before, but I'm more interested in started from scratch. All my friends have moved on so I'm looking for some people to play with. Please send me a FR if you want to play sometime this week.[/QUOTE]I'm down for co-op.

[quote name='Survivalism']I know, eventually it becomes "Hey, Let's Go Shoot Some Goddamn Spiderants."

Nah, there's always that initial period of any RPG where you keep getting crushed and it's frustrating until you level up and return and blow the crap out of everything. It was a lot of fun.

I would, however, like to have a word or two with Gearbox about the ending. 50 hours, Gearbox.[/QUOTE]Agreed on the ending. I mean, seriously, Gearbox.

All right, very cool. I should be on today during the day (albeit briefly) and I'll be on a lot monday. I'm going to friend you guys, maybe we can get 4 people together to do mad moxxi? I haven't touched any of the DLC yet. if you're all high level chars I'll play as my Siren, but I'm starting to work on a mordecai character.

ahhhhhh

i went from losing 20k from dieing to 200k from dieing, i think its due to the fact i joined a buddies game and collected 3 million. not cool

-
is there an inventory limit or can i use backpacks gotten from co-op?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='timesplitt']man, why isn't there a trade system (an online market place)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that and having some sort of weapon trading bank for all your characters. I know they have a weapon bank for Moxxi's DLC but I'm not paying for it since the rest of the DLC isn't for me.

[quote name='timesplitt']man, why isn't there a trade system (an online market place)[/QUOTE]

Because one of the main attractions of the game is finding your own unique weapons.

[quote name='timesplitt']ahhhhhh

i went from losing 20k from dieing to 200k from dieing, i think its due to the fact i joined a buddies game and collected 3 million. not cool

-
is there an inventory limit or can i use backpacks gotten from co-op?[/QUOTE]

lol, money is pointless. I lose 20-30 million per death from playing post 60s.

Yeah, outside of purchasing the ticket to "ride the bullet" for the achievement money isn't necessary. Even then you can shut down w/o saving to get your money back.

im level 69, im a hunter

yet im playing on a friends playthrough 2 on the underdome (and anywhere else really and i get almost killed in like two hits/shots

health 1120
shields 2774

i dont get it

After a long time off, I've started playing this game again. Any CAGs that want to co-op are welcome to add me. I've got all of the DLC.

I finally finished off my achievements for Borderlands this weekend. Had to leave the Xbox on all night to farm enough oil cans, pizza, and bobble-heads. It's still my second favorite game of the generation, but at this point I pretty much never want to see it again. :) Probably put 150 hours into the game total.

I am trying to kill Crawmerax and I can't do it by myself. I have a lvl 63 hunter, if anyone can do it I'd appreciate the help. I find the hunter to be difficult to solo and also I played the whole game legit so I don't have any of the super items, mainly been using what I have found.

Ruahrc

Dr. Ned was a lot of fun co-op, not so much solo...my eyes got tired staring at the tv with the same dark landscape, but it was still fun as hell. Waiting for my buds to get Claptrap so I can tackle that. All the DLC was totally worth it, even Moxxxi just because the time it came out the bank and the vending machines sometime spit out some sweet guns and shields.

Thanks for all the responses.
I haven't actually beaten the game quite yet, but I will be purchasing Zombie Island this week due to it being on sale for 400 points. I will be not-so-patiently awaiting sales on the other two.

I tried to beat General Knoxx for the 3rd (and final) time yesterday but found I am not really able to do it solo either! I died so many times, at the beginning it cost me ~7 million each death, at the end I was down to like 3.5 million or so each time. Initially I got his health down quite a bit (down to about 25 or 30% left) but then they send out the medics and the badass devastators and I can't handle everyone at the same time. Then each time I die everybody's health in the fight gets restored to 100%. After that there's no hope for me as I cannot kill all the auxilliary enemies from 100% health, meanwhile Knoxx is shooting me and still at 100% health... argh!

I think it is due to the new patch as the 2nd kill of Knoxx I did it solo and it was not that difficult, likely because we were both lvl61, whereas now I am 63 or so and he is 65-66 putting me at a disadvantage. I'm trying to max all the achievements for this game and it seems like these two bosses are the only thing really standing in my way.

If anyone is up for trying either tonight I would be willing.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']I tried to beat General Knoxx for the 3rd (and final) time yesterday but found I am not really able to do it solo either! I died so many times, at the beginning it cost me ~7 million each death, at the end I was down to like 3.5 million or so each time. Initially I got his health down quite a bit (down to about 25 or 30% left) but then they send out the medics and the badass devastators and I can't handle everyone at the same time. Then each time I die everybody's health in the fight gets restored to 100%. After that there's no hope for me as I cannot kill all the auxilliary enemies from 100% health, meanwhile Knoxx is shooting me and still at 100% health... argh!

I think it is due to the new patch as the 2nd kill of Knoxx I did it solo and it was not that difficult, likely because we were both lvl61, whereas now I am 63 or so and he is 65-66 putting me at a disadvantage. I'm trying to max all the achievements for this game and it seems like these two bosses are the only thing really standing in my way.

If anyone is up for trying either tonight I would be willing.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

I'll send you an invite. I'm having trouble soloing him too. I'm level 64 or 65.

[quote name='matto1233']Thanks for all the responses.
I haven't actually beaten the game quite yet, but I will be purchasing Zombie Island this week due to it being on sale for 400 points. I will be not-so-patiently awaiting sales on the other two.[/QUOTE]

The four GOTY codes go for ~$20 on ebay. The lowest is $16. There are unique codes for each piece of content, so you could buy all four and then resell the two you don't need.

[quote name='jkanownik']The four GOTY codes go for ~$20 on ebay. The lowest is $16. There are unique codes for each piece of content, so you could buy all four and then resell the two you don't need.[/QUOTE]

No there's not. It's one code.

[quote name='porieux']Mine was definitely four separate codes.[/QUOTE]

Weird... The one I used was one code, the one I saw at gamestop was one code, amazon reviews say one code... Did they change it?

[quote name='elessar123']Weird... The one I used was one code, the one I saw at gamestop was one code, amazon reviews say one code... Did they change it?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you aren't talking about the PS3 version?

[quote name='porieux']Are you sure you aren't talking about the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

I had no idea they were different. Thanks for screwing PS3 users even more by first not releasing any of the DLC on disk, then giving us only one code for GOTY... I almost don't want to support Borderlands 2.

And carry on.

Beat the game last night and beat Zombie Island this morning. I'm almost considering just buying General Knoxx tonight and skipping out on Claptraps New Revolution as the reviews weren't quite as good for that as they were for the other two.

[quote name='matto1233']Beat the game last night and beat Zombie Island this morning. I'm almost considering just buying General Knoxx tonight and skipping out on Claptraps New Revolution as the reviews weren't quite as good for that as they were for the other two.[/QUOTE]

I have the GOTY and I would say the Claptrap one seems pretty fun so far. Knoxx is good too but hard as hell, great if you are really leveled up though I guess. Really the only suspect one is Moxxi.

I completed my first playthrough the other day, absolutely loved it. I started a new character while online and a couple guys helped me breeze through to level 18 and a couple missions into New Haven. It was crazy how fast it was. I'm definitely going to pick up the DLC sometime but I'm still enjoying the crap out of the main game. Now I'm trying to convince friends to pick it up.

This may have been answered earlier, but I was playing online and had two quests left in my log. Now I'm showing about 10, I know I did all of them before. Does anybody know what might have happened?

After seeing so many rave reviews here and elsewhere, I gave this game a shot and didn't really enjoy it. I started it up right after I finished Fallout 3 and all of its DLC, so maybe I was expecting more from an RPG/story standpoint? I also didn't play online too much. I just felt like the game was lacking substance and left a lot to be desired considering how much time I was putting into it. Ultimately it felt like I was on an achievement hunt solely, so I lent it back to my friend.

I'm not trying to bash the game or anything, but I would love to know what I was missing as I may consider picking it back up if I find it on Target clearance or something.

Expecting something similar to Fallout 3 was possibly your problem. I don't know why Borderlands always seems to get compared to Fallout, they're really nothing alike. Not that Borderlands is a perfect game and it's impossible for someone to just not like it... but, yeah. Maybe it's just not your thing.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Expecting something similar to Fallout 3 was possibly your problem. I don't know why Borderlands always seems to get compared to Fallout, they're really nothing alike. Not that Borderlands is a perfect game and it's impossible for someone to just not like it... but, yeah. Maybe it's just not your thing.[/QUOTE]

I didn't expect something similar to Fallout, but was rather saying that I was accustomed to playing a FPS/RPG with a substantial story and interesting characters--something I didn't find while playing Borderlands. I'm not trying to crank up a FO3 vs. Borderlands debate (although saying the two are nothing alike seems a bit ignorant). I just want to know what you guys enjoy about Borderlands.

The fun part is finding interesting weapons and using them. The combat's certainly more exciting than Fallout. Co-op does add a lot, though, so you should try to play it that way.

bread's done
Back