Borderlands GOTY $19.99 @ Gamestop

[quote name='oldboy26']wow....it's amazing how this has been up for a few weeks yet this is the first the poster has seen of it....[/QUOTE]

22 days its been on sale and tthey post about it, lol.

OP needs to add GUTTED in the title, all the "Power Saver Sale" games are sitting in bins in the store, gutted with discs removed. Which means these games are actually USED. Also, Borderlands GOTY has none of the extra levels on disc, they are all vouchers for DLC . . . lame.

[quote name='chimpmeister']OP needs to add GUTTED in the title, all the "Power Saver Sale" games are sitting in bins in the store, gutted with discs removed. Which means these games are actually USED. Also, Borderlands GOTY has none of the extra levels on disc, they are all vouchers for DLC . . . lame.[/QUOTE]

Umm I don't know if you've been keeping up with the GS sales thread but Borderlands GOTY has had a 2nd print issue with the DLC on the disc.

Anyways welcome to the forums OP but people have known of this sale for the past month. Thanks for the effort though.

[quote name='chimpmeister']OP needs to add GUTTED in the title, all the "Power Saver Sale" games are sitting in bins in the store, gutted with discs removed. Which means these games are actually USED. Also, Borderlands GOTY has none of the extra levels on disc, they are all vouchers for DLC . . . lame.[/QUOTE]

I actually got a game in the "Power Saver Sale" that wasn't gutted. Of course, it wasn't in the bin, I found it on the wall. When I took the case to the register, the friendly GameStop employee pulled out a sealed copy of the game. Huge YMMV, but its possible, yet unlikely.

If you're gonna get on your soap box, at least get your facts right first.

[quote name='drawingboard']I actually got a game in the "Power Saver Sale" that wasn't gutted. Of course, it wasn't in the bin, I found it on the wall. When I took the case to the register, the friendly GameStop employee pulled out a sealed copy of the game. Huge YMMV, but its possible, yet unlikely.[/QUOTE]
Same here except I had to ask for a copy since I did not see it in the bin or on the wall.

Picked up new, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. Xbox 360 version has DLC on a second disc. PS3 version has DLC on disc. Also picked up Fallout 3 GOTY.

I actually received a brand new, unopened copy of Borderlands with all the DLC on disc. Same with Enslaved.

You can also order from Gamestop.com which would send you a sealed copy. So adding "GUTTED" wouldn't be a true statement based on that and that all stores put all their copies out in the bin. Honestly though, for such a steep discount is it really that big of a deal? Go ahead and go to another retailer that has a sealed copy and pay about double the price. Just as a side note, it's pretty rare that I buy a new game at Gamestop and get an opened copy. Usually only on older releases that don't have excess inventory, but semi-new games almost always have backstock that they pull from.

Thanks for playing, hope to see you soon.

[quote name='omyard']I actually received a brand new, unopened copy of Borderlands with all the DLC on disc. Same with Enslaved.

You can also order from Gamestop.com which would send you a sealed copy. So adding "GUTTED" wouldn't be a true statement based on that and that all stores put all their copies out in the bin. Honestly though, for such a steep discount is it really that big of a deal? Go ahead and go to another retailer that has a sealed copy and pay about double the price. Just as a side note, it's pretty rare that I buy a new game at Gamestop and get an opened copy. Usually only on older releases that don't have excess inventory, but semi-new games almost always have backstock that they pull from.

Thanks for playing, hope to see you soon.[/QUOTE]

I also received a sealed copy with the DLC on disc when I got it in store a few weeks ago.

How to never get another gutted Gamestop game:

"Hey, can I get a sealed copy?"

You're welcome.

[quote name='Survivalism']How to never get another gutted Gamestop game:

You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

To which they'll say 'sorry sir(or ma'am), this is the last copy' and most shnooks will relent and just take it.:cry:

Man, I've been going back and forth on getting this and Fallout 3 GOTY editions. I own both games already but if I ever want the downloadable content it alone cost more than these. I hear the fallout 3 goty is so gltichy too that it worries me.

[quote name='vujacicfan']Does anyone have a free shipping code or any other coupon codes?[/QUOTE]

VSHIP for free shipping on orders of over $25.

[quote name='omyard']I actually received a brand new, unopened copy of Borderlands with all the DLC on disc. Same with Enslaved.

You can also order from Gamestop.com which would send you a sealed copy.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.com doesn't always send sealed copies. I have received some gutted copies, which I then return to my local store. Since their online store doesn't need a display/floor copy, they must sell some recycled inventory from their b&m stores.

[quote name='Survivalism']How to never get another gutted Gamestop game:

You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

For the Power whatever sale, they were supposed to gut every sale title and put the case in the bin. IIRC, they mainly do that to the inventory they received for the sale, and might not necessarily gut their previous stock. No one likes getting a gutted copy though. I (usually) can't do any gift shopping at Gamestop, cuz it looks like I'm getting someone a game that I played myself first.

bread's done
Back