Borderlands GOTY $20 at Best Buy

Plantguy7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I was looking around in Best Buy and saw Borderlands GOTY for 360 was marked down to $20. Don't know if it's temporary or not, but definitely a great deal, even if you have just the base game.

I hope the sku is the same for the DLC voucher version & DLC on the disc. Still have the PS3 one sealed definitely will try to swap them out for each other.

Edit:2 different sku's for each version so looks like I'll be adding another game to my GS trade-in stack waiting till they offer $5 to each game.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is just a matter of time until Borderlands GOTY gets PS3 "Greatest Hits" packaging just like its DLC-less brother. FFXIII now has the red label.

[quote name='technole']It is just a matter of time until Borderlands GOTY gets PS3 "Greatest Hits" packaging just like its DLC-less brother. FFXIII now has the red label.[/QUOTE]

Damn that's right and RDR will be included in the next wave of GH's.

Thanks. Was waiting for this price. Gonna check my local Best Buy tomorrow. I have so many games I still need to finish though.

[quote name='EverNight']I've been wanting to get this for 360 but only want the one w/ the DLC on disc...don't know how to tell which is which though :([/QUOTE]

The 2 disk-version should say "All 4 Add-On Packs" instead of "Voucher for all 4 Add-On Packs". The "voucher" should be the keyword so look for it anywhere on the box.

Is it in-store only? Not seeing the GOTY version on their site but would've been nice before I bought my copy from GS.

[quote name='Plantguy7']Interesting. Do they stock both versions at stores or what?[/QUOTE]

They must because I got one with the tokens back in February from BB. I didn't realize there were two versions.

[quote name='htown01']Amazon's Video Game Deal of the Day is :360::ps3:Borderlands GOTY for $19.99[/QUOTE]

The one I received through Amazon only last week was the 2 disc version. Although I paid $37, I think most of their copies being mailed out are the 2 discs. The more recent reviews on the site seem to indicate that as well.

I purchased it from Gamestop online and in my shipment order, it says my Xbox 360 version is on 2 discs.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Before or after the GOTY edition with both RDR and the UN and the other DLC releases in mid April?[/QUOTE]

RDR's perm price drop to $40 already so once the GOTY comes out(which at one point was dated for 3/1/11) the price will drop again to $30 for the GOTY w/all the DLC.
They only reason Uncharted 2 had a $50 release w/all the DLC and then a GH was b/c it hasn't sold as many copies/not cross platform.

[quote name='Enuf']RDR's perm price drop to $40 already so once the GOTY comes out(which at one point was dated for 3/1/11) the price will drop again to $30 for the GOTY w/all the DLC.
They only reason Uncharted 2 had a $50 release w/all the DLC and then a GH was b/c it hasn't sold as many copies/not cross platform.[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about once a game sells 1 million for sony it becomes greatest hit. Uncharted sold over 3 million

[quote name='lakers2008']what are you talking about once a game sells 1 million for sony it becomes greatest hit. Uncharted sold over 3 million[/QUOTE]

For a game to be added to the official "GH" library it only needs to sell 500,000 & be on the market for 10 months. There's 90 games that have sold 1 mil or more on PS3 but there aren't 90 titles listed as "GH" even though some reach the $20-$30 price point. Just Cause 2 & Sonic ultimate collection to name some.

Link:GH req. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Greatest_Hits_games

Link:pS3 million sellers http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals...e=PS3&minSales=1&publisher=&genre=&sort=Total

OT, What I mean is Uncharted 2 had a GOTY that released at $50 but now that it's a "GH" it's $30. RDR's MSRP is now $40 & there's already a $20-$30 undead nightmare stand alone disc. I don't see them releasing a GOTY for $50 now they will just make the GOTY a "GH" and sell it at $30 w/all the DLC included. This would propel them to 10+ mil sold on both HD systems.

This will probably come out around E3 in June-July, details should probably leaked in the coming weeks.

^Probably see a "Red Dead Redemption Complete" edition for $40 like the Grand Theft Auto 4 +Episodes of Liberty City bundle.

Anyway, might have to pick up Borderlands GOTY at Best Buy instead. Don't mind the DLC tokens for PS3 since there's game share.

If I can find it at Best Buy for $20, I'm gonna be sorta annoyed that I bought it from GS... especially since it will be 2-3 days before I get the game in the mail.:bomb:

[quote name='skateraXVIII']If I can find it at Best Buy for $20, I'm gonna be sorta annoyed that I bought it from GS... especially since it will be 2-3 days before I get the game in the mail.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

If you RZ silver, you can use the BB "personal shopper" they track down the item for you & shipping is free. Also, in-store p/u could be avail.

[quote name='Plantguy7']It's the voucher version. There's a disc version?[/QUOTE]

2nd run versions of the game had the content on the disc for ps3 and 360 versions had a 2nd disc included. A lot of people complained so they re-released them with dlc included instead of a voucher.

I dont know about the 360 version but the ps3 version with the dlc included on the disc has a upc of 7-10425-37983-3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My closest BB had ZERO copies of the Borderlands GOTY yesterday when I checked or I would've bought it to kill off my remaining BB credit.[/QUOTE]

If your a RZ silver member use the personal shopper to track down a copy for you, if your not silver & it's not in stock at the store you should be able to get it mailed to you w/free shipping. Use the customer kiosk in store they have the best inventory system.

Thanks for posting this. My buddy who is back on leave doesn't have his credit cards active while overseas so he can't order things from Amazon. I saw this post, told him about it and he went there and picked up a copy.

[quote name='CaoPi']I just picked this up for 360! Definately the 2 disc version how is the community compared to the ps3?[/QUOTE]

From what Ive seen from a friend who has it on his 360 its about the same, only ps3 users dont pay to play it and there are fewer yelling asshole kids on it.

[quote name='Enuf']If your a RZ silver member use the personal shopper to track down a copy for you, if your not silver & it's not in stock at the store you should be able to get it mailed to you w/free shipping. Use the customer kiosk in store they have the best inventory system.[/QUOTE]
Reward Zone silver? That would denote that I actually buy a ton of stuff from Worst Buy in a year. They only see me when there's a glitch, I wanna price match another store and I wanna buy something that's pennied out.

Otherwise I kinda hope they join Circuit City since a good portion of their managers and employees are smug know-it-all assholes.

I just got my copy for Xbox 360 from Gamestop online, and can confirm it is the 2-disk version. UPC Code on the back is 7-10425-39982-4.

I've been to 3 Best Buys and none of them have the Xbox version in stock. Not even a placeholder for the game. I'm beginning to think Best Buy doesn't sell the game anymore, it doesn't show up on the website either.

Went to my local BestBuy and there was no Borderlands GOTY edition for either platform PS3/Xbox 360.

Might have to get the Xbox 360 version from gamestop since the PS3 version isn't on sale/in the game day bin of my local gamestop.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Went to my local BestBuy and there was no Borderlands GOTY edition for either platform PS3/Xbox 360.

Might have to get the Xbox 360 version from gamestop since the PS3 version isn't on sale/in the game day bin of my local gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Think the deal is dead in-store from Gamestop. The $19.99 price is still good online though, but in-store price went back up to $39.99.

[quote name='bh47']Think the deal is dead in-store from Gamestop. The $19.99 price is still good online though, but in-store price went back up to $39.99.[/QUOTE]
i got yesterday for 19.99 at gamestop, there is just no more power saver sale sticker.

I got mine for $20 at GameStop too. And they gave me a sealed copy to boot. They actually also gave me a sealed copy of Enslaved.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Reward Zone silver? That would denote that I actually buy a ton of stuff from Worst Buy in a year. They only see me when there's a glitch, I wanna price match another store and I wanna buy something that's pennied out.
Otherwise I kinda hope they join Circuit City since a good portion of their managers and employees are smug know-it-all assholes.[/QUOTE]

BB got lazy when CC died. If BB dies you want to depend on Walmart/Target/Sears, kmart will then get lazy b/c there's one less option to shop at.
Look at Crysis 2,
I bought it there for $60 got
-$10 for pre-order
-$10 giftcard
$20 kmart is putting it on sale for $40 next which i'll pm
Basically, $20 for a day 1 release who had a better deal?

Homefront, same thing w/o the giftcard $10 pre-order kmart $40 pm plus a headset. $30 for a day 1 release who had a better deal?

Fight Night $10 pre-order on sale next week at target $47 so it'll be basically $37 for a day 1 release.

I got blur for $20 w/a price match of a TRU offer w/a $40 giftcard back in august long before it dropped to this price.

TRU had a $25 giftcard offer for Nascar 2011 release week $35 @ BB w/pm

There 45 day pm policy is the main reason I shop there so much plus they take the giftcard amounts directly off the price of items which is always a better deal to me. Would you rather pay $200 for an X360 & get a $50 gc of $150?

It's all about knowing how to shop each store BB makes it so easy for me & I wind up getting amazon equivilent pricing when it's all said and done.

Edit:Forgot about the reward zone/gamers club which is like get points 2x plus the silver bonus.

I just started this game up, I can't believe I waited so long to pick it up. I got a good deal on it though thanks to these sales!

bread's done
Back