Borderlands GOTY (PC) [Amazon] $11.95

Splines

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Edit: All deals dead, that's all folks.

[DEAD] Non-GOTY, Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BORDERL/borderlands $5
[DEAD] GOTY, D2D: http://www.direct2drive.com/9919/product $11.95
[DEAD] GOTY, Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004M5HV5G/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20 $11.95

It's a daily sale on GamersGate. N.B.: You can't add any Borderlands DLC to this version.
I don't know if you can activate this on steam.

Edit: Added Amazon GOTY version, reviews say you can register this on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the links, OP. I have the PS3 version, but it doesn't look like they'll ever put the DLC on sale on PSN. Now I just need to decide if it's worth starting over in order to get the PC GOTY version cheap.

There is a disclaimer on the gamersgate Borderlands page, "Will not work with any Borderlands DLC!!!". Just a heads up. It appears Gamersgate doesn't sell any of the separate DLC for PC version, so only get this if you just want the base game.

Definitely not worth it to buy the base version, it feels gimped after all the DLC they've released. Go with the D2D GotY version for a bit more.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP, especially regarding the lack of DLC compatibility. That's a big detail right there for sure. Ugh, I just wish I didn't miss out on the D2D GotY version :( Next time then!

Turns out that Amazon.com has Borderlands GotY (PC) for $11.95! Woohoo!

According to the reviews, this can register on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for the heads-up, OP, especially regarding the lack of DLC compatibility. That's a big detail right there for sure. Ugh, I just wish I didn't miss out on the D2D GotY version :( Next time then!

According to the reviews, this can register on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Good to see Amazon has the GOTY sale too. I updated the top post with your info.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for the heads-up, OP, especially regarding the lack of DLC compatibility. That's a big detail right there for sure. Ugh, I just wish I didn't miss out on the D2D GotY version :( Next time then!

According to the reviews, this can register on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I bought BL: GOTY Edition download some time ago from Amazon.
Back then - yep, registered fine on Steam. :)

I bought the GOTY Edition on Amazon for $11.95. You can download the game from Amazon, but I also tried entering the activation code into Steam. Although Steam said "Borderlands GOTY Edition successfully activated", only Borderlands is showing up in my games list. If I go to the GOTY Edition or individual DLC product pages, it says I own them, but the download file is only 7 GB, while the Amazon version is 11 GB, so it appears this is just the base game. I don't have time to download it all now, but perhaps I need to download the base game and then the DLC will appear?

Great price for an incredibly fun game. I've probably put over 100 hours into Borderlands and I plan to add to that number periodically. The Zombie Island and General Knoxx add-ons are brilliant.

bread's done
Back