Borderlands (PC) 19.99. Eligible for Amazon Prime! Amazon matched Gamestop's Deal!

crovakiet

CAGiversary!
AMAZON MATCHED Gamestop's Borderlands (PC) deal of 19.99(thanks to drock!)

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-P..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1259288201&sr=8-3

19.99 and eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime! Get to it!

**GAMESTOP DEAL IS DEAD!**

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=68444

Borderlands (PC) 19.99+tax(for CA at least). Online Sale Only. Use coupon code SAVER for free shipping (only works for orders 25$ and up) if you plan to buy something else with it such as another game.

Was on SD. Didnt see it posted here.

**UPDATED** Deal is dead :bomb: as the price was increased to 39.99. Gratz to those who got in on this deal as it was pretty good one in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow damn good deal, if I had known about this I would have waited, pc is almost always best, mods etc...hopefully they sorted out all the nasty bugs on the console versions.

Damn, smokin' deal - I just wish they had the 360 version on sale, too. My PC ain't up to snuff for gaming any longer.

[quote name='Ryukahn']sick deal, wonder if this means steam will match it.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is shipping the physical product. I don't know why the digital download is ~50$ so I don't know if Steam will match...You would think it would be cheaper that way :roll:

saw it in the wee hours of the morning and jumped on it.
Was gonna wait for a "game of the year edition" but 20$ aint bad for right now

[quote name='Twie']the coupon SAVER isn't working for the free shipping. it just says 16% off used games.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you have another promo code saved on the web page? what you are describing sounds like you used the promo code for used game discounts 'CAG16'? I don't know if those 2 codes (CAG16 & SAVER) can stack...but the borderlands is new and not used...

It doesn't seem like SAVER is working for me either. Whenever I try to use it I get:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVER - Free Value Shipping

But I've selected USA Value for the shipping.:bomb:

GameStop has impressed me this year; usually I don't even bother checking their 'sales' but this has to be the hottest deal I've seen today.

Still holding out for that expansion price of $20 for L4D2! C'mon Amazon. . .

sorry for the confusion. coupon code SAVER only works for orders 25$ and up...I bought borderlands and another game which is why I thought it was free shipping for anything (didnt read the details for saver use). thread title changed as well as the information contained.

Argh, dunno if I should bite on this and L4D2 or wait and hope Amazon will match. I need to get two copies of each which is like $10 in tax... and I'm such a cheap ass...

Edited to add: Eh, I bit. I figured, if it gets cheaper somewhere else before I play them, I can always return them instore.

yea i bought l4d2(pc) and borderlands (pc) from gamestop. if amazon doesnt price match either games (pretty darn sure amazon will be pricematching l4d2(pc) considering they havent done any pricematching for the pc versions as of yet) i will have 2 games that were the best deal i could get at this time...but if they happen to price match one or even both of them, then i figure (like you figured) i can always return them instore.

Amazon has refused to drop the price of the L4D2 PC version, so I'm hopeful that's a sign of a great deal coming tonight.

In for L4D2 and Borderlands..... If Amazon beats the GS L4D2 price I'll just return one to GS store...... Now I just need a Dragon Age PC deal!!!!

[quote name='Jodou']Amazon has refused to drop the price of the L4D2 PC version, so I'm hopeful that's a sign of a great deal coming tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it for $25. Or if it's $20 like L4D was last BF even better.

Ahhh...Not sure if I should get it. I have a feeling that if I order it now, Steam will put up something really worth my while.

How I wish Steam could price match so I don't have to wait for the physical disc to come in.

[quote name='Tsukento']I have a feeling that if I order it now, Steam will put up something really worth my while.[/QUOTE]

I think they will too, which is why I'm waiting.

[quote name='Infinity1911']What the heck? BL is back up to $39.99. The price changed while I was checking out![/QUOTE]

SAME!!! I AM SO ANGRY!!!!

I cancelled my l4d2 dell order so I could get both from gamestop with free shipping...THIS MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!!

I was sitting here switching between Amazon and Gamestop, only now it's just "Amazon."

Nothing more aggravating than having a deal go dead just as you are checking out.

Gamestop's servers were getting hammered too. It took a couple of minutes just to go from one checkout step to the next.

The same thing just happened to me. What kind of bait-and-switch bs is this? I don't even see my order in the order history area so I can't even cancel it.

Fortunately I had not entered my credit card number; otherwise I would be one PO'd customer. I'm ticked enough as it is, but what can I say? Them's the breaks...

[quote name='Commander0Zero']In for L4D2 and Borderlands..... If Amazon beats the GS L4D2 price I'll just return one to GS store...... Now I just need a Dragon Age PC deal!!!![/QUOTE]

Dragon Age Origins is 25% off on steam today.. CE is also 25% off.

That's it I'm upgrading my pc all these great deals and I can't take advantage since I still have an old XP 1500(1.3 ghz) and a Geforce TI 4600. :(

[quote name='evildeadjedi']That's it I'm upgrading my pc all these great deals and I can't take advantage since I still have an old XP 1500(1.3 ghz) and a Geforce TI 4600. :([/QUOTE]

Lol i dont think it was your pc ;). The deal was up for several hours at least but the gamestop server(s)? got hammered i think within the past hr or half hour.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']That's it I'm upgrading my pc all these great deals and I can't take advantage since I still have an old XP 1500(1.3 ghz) and a Geforce TI 4600. :([/QUOTE]

That must have been glorious back in the day

[quote name='crovakiet']Lol i dont think it was your pc ;). The deal was up for several hours at least but the gamestop server(s)? got hammered i think within the past hr or half hour.[/QUOTE]

He's saying his current PC sucks so he can't play any of the great PC deals that have been going on. ;)

Looks like GameStop helped me decide by upping the price. Big surprise. :roll:

Did anyone actually get it before the hike? If so, did you get charged the $20 or are they charging you the current price?

[quote name='Tsukento']Looks like GameStop helped me decide by upping the price. Big surprise. :roll:

Did anyone actually get it before the hike? If so, did you get charged the $20 or are they charging you the current price?[/QUOTE]

I checked my order status and it still shows the $20 price so far.

[quote name='Tsukento']Very nice! :applause:

Now to wait for Steam to actually update their list of games (one day my ass) and hope it doesn't sell out on Amazon.

Wait, does anyone know is Amazon can pricematch with Steam?[/QUOTE]
Want to change the title to help people out getting in on this deal?

bread's done
Back