Borderlands PC - $46 - Amazon (Steam Deals DEAD)

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
340x_borderlands_box_art.jpg

Amazon:
PC - $45.49 ($40.94 with ECA membership)

Those looking to get into a group of 4 for the discount should go to this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239381

IMO, this game looks great and will probably keep me busy throughout the winter.

EDIT: Sorry I haven't been keeping track. Seems to be there really is no reason to since most of the prices suck. I'll try to keep more of an eye on it and update this thread more often. Sorry for the waste of space on this non-deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the good titles coming out this fall, Borderlands tops my list. I just can't decide if I want to pre-order it through Amazon or GS. I have credit for both.

Definitely looking more forward to this than I originally was (at least after they changed art styling).

Though I will say, I'm not a fan of the boxart :p

Gotta decide whether I wanna get this for PC or 360 :\

Is the PC version going to support Live achievements?

[quote name='Lock1454']Gotta decide whether I wanna get this for PC or 360 :\

Is the PC version going to support Live achievements?[/QUOTE]

Based on the boxart, it doesn't look to be a "Games for Windows" title, thus no achievements.

It looks great, but I haven't heard much about it. If I can get it in my gold box I'll bite. Otherwise I'll hope for a price drop on Black Friday.

[quote name='Static X']Gotta snag this. It's been on top of my "must have" list for a long while. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
Off-topic, but what movie's your signature from?

[quote name='dualedge2']Not really a deal, is it?

Looks interesting though and I'll be keeping a close eye on it.[/QUOTE]

Its a few bucks off plus free shipping plus no tax.

Not a great deal but still a deal

Are there any reasons I should get one console version over the other (aside from the typical achievements/trophies, controller choices)?

[quote name='somahead33']Are there any reasons I should get one console version over the other (aside from the typical achievements/trophies, controller choices)?[/QUOTE]

Nope. No difference whatsoever. Just depends on whether or not you want trophies or achievements.

How does Amazon's pre-order work? Do they charge the entire amount on your card right away or when the game is shipped?

[quote name='destinywaste']How does Amazon's pre-order work? Do they charge the entire amount on your card right away or when the game is shipped?[/QUOTE]

They charge you when they ship it.

[quote name='destinywaste']How does Amazon's pre-order work? Do they charge the entire amount on your card right away or when the game is shipped?[/QUOTE]

You'll even get the lowest price if Amazon decides to lower the price more before the game comes out.

"Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price."

Comes out a week after Uncharted 2, which means I won't get to it right away. I kinda want to order it for the price protection, though.

[quote name='bmachine']Comes out a week after Uncharted 2, which means I won't get to it right away. I kinda want to order it for the price protection, though.[/QUOTE]

Same, I'll be deep into Forza 3 and DJ Hero.

Definitely wanting this, but I think I will hold out and see if any better pre-order deals pop up in the next two months.

I like the boxart.

sigh...
there needs to be more deals on this game. I got some hands-on time at PAX. It's not yet released and I already consider it the GOTY.

What's great about the boxart is that it's really different. There's nothing else on the market that quite looks like it.

What's bad about the boxart is that it's just... ugly.

Either way, I'm probably waiting for this to hit $40 somewhere unless the reviews are absolutely stunning.

Youd figure with the 9 Billion FPS out there would be more on the market that are different.

So far this is the only one ive seen in quite a while thats gonna try something new, I hope it works. Because this game sounds amazing.

Can get it on Newegg for the same prices (56.99 for systems, 46.99 for pc) + free shipping + no tax in some states (NY) + bing cashback.

Thats prob where ill get it from unless I see some great deals poppin out

I really think Rage by id is going to triumph over this game. This will be like the game that came to the party, but left early b/c Rage showed up...

ID Software has been on a cold streak for a few years. Return To Castle wolfenstein was the last great game they made. Plus Rage looks pretty subpar

I see this as a stepping stone from Fallout to Rage in the post apocalyptic road warrior genre. Unless it gets insane reviews and word of mouth I am waiting for a winter $20 ebay price on it. Uncharted 2 and CODMW2 and L4D2 will be chewing up October 13th thru xmas for me.

Dear Amazon,
Throw in a $5 off coupon or a $10 gift card, and I'm there.
Love Xerxes

Following the thread:
The box art is shit, Rage looks awesome, and the system of choice should only matter where you friends are since it's supposedly co-op heavy. If you playing alone, who cares, just enjoy.

If youre playing alone the PC version is the best choice hands down. Potentially the best graphics, and the only one which will have free downloadable content. Not to mention 10$ cheaper

hm i'm definitely interested in this game from what i've read and heard, but i'm still holding out on getting atleast one other promotion lik $10 credit. there's just soo many games coming out in the next few months that i've decided to set a restriction on myself to only buy the games when i can get them for $40 or less. so far i've gotten batman for $38 and halo odst for $36, so here's hoping for some more!

I added in the links to the console and PC versions on NewEgg.

Still looking forward to this game very much. Already got 2 people lined up who I trust to play with. Just need one more...

Walmart is also running a $10 e-gift card deal on this for all platforms. You can do free site to store shipping, but since release date is so far away I'm not sure how well that'd work out.

PC version is $45.82 + tax
360/PS3 are $59.82 + tax

If they offered a physical gift card I'd definitely go for the PC version. I'm pretty sure e-gift cards can only be used online though, so pass for me.

Crossing my fingers for Toys R Us doing the $20/30 giftcard for this and Uncharted. That's the only way I can pick up most of the games I want this holiday season.

bread's done
Back