Borders 40% off code

Slappybob

CAGiversary!
Borders.com is offering a 40% off coupon good for 1 item

- Link to Borders
- Coupon Price : -40% | Code : BC4777
- Free shipping on $25+ purchase

I am not sure how long this will last.

Also If you have a Borders near you, you can select to pick it up instore and save on shipping.

Good for Anything in thier stores.

Actually--if you use that it seems to take the 40% off MSRP for 2 items in your cart (unless they changed/fixed it). It said good through 7/22

I'll take a look around the Anime and Manga.

If there's anything that I should *definitely* pick up, let me know.

I tried to convince myself to do this but even after getting $22.90 off of Ratatouille and Pixar Animated Shorts on blu-ray, the total still came to $0.40 higher than Amazon. I just went with Amazon.

Still curious why it applied twice though....

Wow, their prices really are awful. Just for shits and giggles, I checked the price on the Temptations box set, Emperors of Soul, that I just bought through BMG for $31.49. Borders price? $74.99. EPIC. FAIL.

This works on multiple items, including pre-orders. The Office: Season 4 is $28.79 after discount. Get Smart: Season 1 is $15 after discount.

Damnit, I just bought Battlestar Galatica: RAZOR for 9.99+tax and this could have made it even better. Cant complain about the 9.99 price though.

Ill probably pick up some anime or comics or some shit

the monk s6/psych s2 2-pack was a decent deal with the 40% off--although now it says ships 4-8 weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much! I got Genshiken Economy Collection (same as the more expensive one, or so I hear) and the new Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya set for $50 shipped! (Melancholy on Amazon.com is $41.99!)

I'm trying to find some Blu-Ray titles to use this on (since I have a gift card), but the prices with the 40% off are still higher than other stores!!!

[quote name='thenockmlb']This works on multiple items, including pre-orders. The Office: Season 4 is $28.79 after discount. Get Smart: Season 1 is $15 after discount.[/QUOTE]

When I apply the coupon it states on the discount line "40% off list price any one item." I was going to order some trade paper backs but even with coupon, Amazon still has better pricing.

[quote name='Nolimits']Damnit, I just bought Battlestar Galatica: RAZOR for 9.99+tax and this could have made it even better. Cant complain about the 9.99 price though.

Ill probably pick up some anime or comics or some shit[/quote]

Razor shows as $13.99 online. Although the Miniseries+Season 1 = $53.98 shipped (before tax), as opposed to $67.98 on amazon. So even after 8% tax your almost $10 cheaper at Borders (amazing).

Very tempting to get as gift for friend...

[quote name='humidore']Razor shows as $13.99 online. Although the Miniseries+Season 1 = $53.98 shipped (before tax), as opposed to $67.98 on amazon. So even after 8% tax your almost $10 cheaper at Borders (amazing).

Very tempting to get as gift for friend...[/QUOTE]

The miniseries is part of the Season 1 DVD set, so you don't need to buy both.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']The miniseries is part of the Season 1 DVD set, so you don't need to buy both.[/quote]

Wow, thanks!

[quote name='humidore']Razor shows as $13.99 online. Although the Miniseries+Season 1 = $53.98 shipped (before tax), as opposed to $67.98 on amazon. So even after 8% tax your almost $10 cheaper at Borders (amazing).

Very tempting to get as gift for friend...[/QUOTE]

When you add BG:Razor to your cart it drops the price down to $9.99 from $13.99 and it shows that discount in your cart like a $4.00 coupon, so you cant use the 40% off code also which sucks.

[quote name='Filbert']I don't see any option to pick up in-store. Am I missing it or does it depend on the item?[/quote]

During checkout, there is a "ship-to address" option -- choose "ship to store". It has been available for the various DVDs I've looked at.

Yeah--it's not really store pickup, it's like walmart's site-t-store--they mail it to the store, and the store hands you the (still sealed) package from the USPS. Not sure why they don't just do true store pickup--would be so much better.

I bought the giant George Carlin: All My Stuff box set, which has been out of stock everywhere since he died. I've had it on my Amazon wish list since it came out, but I haven't seen it at a reasonable price before. With this coupon, it was $108 +/-. I also got My Blueberry Nights for $11.

There's a ton of other stuff I would have liked to have gotten if I could have abused the coupon further. Pre-order the Criterion Brand Upon the Brain!, buy 4 Months 3 Weeks 2 Days, buy the Krzysztof Kieslowski box set that Kino released a few years ago, buy a whole ton of Blu-Rays since I just got a PS3, etc.

Also, I'm kind of annoyed to see that they have a pretty good selection of K-Dramas. I just bought two sets from Rightstuf when they had their sale on them a few weeks ago because I'd never seen them anywhere near as cheap; they're across the board cheaper with this coupon. Oh well.

Never bought from Borders, but they have the rare and out of print, Steel Angel Kurumi: Complete Collection, for $30 after tax.

Not bad. Been trying to find it new forever. Thanks OP.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Finally got the Monk S6 and Psych S2 two-pack for less than $50! I can live with $25 a season![/quote]

Just the former, for me, but I'm happy! It's cheaper than eBay would have been, and cheaper still than Costco. It's too bad it wouldn't stack with that $5 off Borders.com coupon I received in the mail the other day. Either way, I appreciate it, OP!

The first 2 sessions of slayers are in the mail now. I was kinda worried that Borders was going to cancel my order since the discount worked for 2 items and it clearly said 1 item. Thanks TC! Now I'm going to use the crappy 30% code they sent me to get session 3!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It says the coupon is expired now.[/quote]

I was able to use it a few minutes ago, so it should be good until the end of the day.

Picked up Gundam Wing Vol. 1 and 2 for $50 total after discount ($42 after gift card), so it was practically Buy One, Get One. Can't argue with that, especially when it's the full price at Amazon of $40 per volume. Thanks OP!

[quote name='KyleN']Yeah--it's not really store pickup, it's like walmart's site-t-store--they mail it to the store, and the store hands you the (still sealed) package from the USPS. Not sure why they don't just do true store pickup--would be so much better.[/quote]

My off-hand guess would be that most of the stores, unless it's a book or media product that all of them would likely have (new release, really popular series, bestseller, etc.), they would have to ship it out from elsewhere. While it's not usually a problem, I miss the days where I could just peruse their DVD and CD sections and find so many exciting, unknown things. Nowadays it seems like they're scaling back shelf space wherever possible, opting to go for the "Special Order It!" route instead.

Still, just a guess on my part. I know nothing. ;)

picked up a ton of stuff with this but the best was probably the second limited edition box set of lucky star for 20 bucks. THANK YOU OP.

bread's done
Back