Borders B&M 50% Off CDs and DVDs (inc. BR)

troy2007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Borders in Naperville, IL has "DVD/CD Clearance" posters all over their windows. Knowing that they're typically selling as SRP, I assumed it wasn't a big deal, but they are 50% off all CDs, DVDs, and BluRay. Some of the titles you can find cheaper even with that, but there are some good deals to be had if you look around. Signs say that it's not online, and I don't know if it's chain-wide.

And adding the usual disclaimer: I'm deeply sorry if this has already been posted. ;)

40% off in the two Mesa, AZ stores. I went to the one at Superstition Springs mall and it was tore apart, anime section wise. They actually have some decent prices online, for a few of their sets, but no luck finding an sets at the Borders I went to.

Both borders in Austin, TX have this going on at 50%. Got a bunch of Criterion Collection SD DVDs and Blu-Rays for 20$ ea.

[quote name='eterral']Both borders in Austin, TX have this going on at 50%. Got a bunch of Criterion Collection SD DVDs and Blu-Rays for 20$ ea.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Was this the one at The Domain?

I haven't been able to find a store in the bay area. All of them tell me to print the Borders Rewards coupon, but that's the only promotion. Is this the sale thing you guys are talking about?

[quote name='munch']Damn. Was this the one at The Domain?[/quote] Nope. South Austin. The one at Ben White I just went back to, plenty of good shit in stock.

YMMV , Best sellers and new releases arent included , I did get some sweet ghilbi dvds at 50% off so im not going to complain . Lots of anime single dvds left but sets long gone . Clerk said not all stores are doing this ( I did get an email from them stating the store that was doing this promotion - only one location ) and that BS and NR werent included

The one by me was doing it (Farmingdale, NY). I manged to pick up a few things at decent prices. I got Hard boiled and Eat Drink Man Woman for $7.50 each. I got reality bites for $5 and I think the best deal I got was Stray Dog for $20 :)

The Borders here in Atlanta are offering 50% off CD's + DVD's (Incl. Blu-rays). I picked up 5 CD's $35. I'm going back tomorrow to take advantage of some of the Blu-ray deals. Most of them are over priced, but there were a couple of decent deals.

[quote name='chrsmrly']The Borders here in Atlanta are offering 50% off CD's + DVD's (Incl. Blu-rays). I picked up 5 CD's $35. I'm going back tomorrow to take advantage of some of the Blu-ray deals. Most of them are over priced, but there were a couple of decent deals.[/quote]

Which borders in Atlanta?

This wasn't at mine but they were marking several DVDs and Blu Rays with red stickers. I inquired and it was for some upcoming sale that they didn't have any info on.

apparently this 50% thing is happening in MD. There will be some sort of big sale on the 20th, maybe that's what they are getting ready for.

[quote name='chrsmrly']The Borders here in Atlanta are offering 50% off CD's + DVD's (Incl. Blu-rays). I picked up 5 CD's $35. I'm going back tomorrow to take advantage of some of the Blu-ray deals. Most of them are over priced, but there were a couple of decent deals.[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know what ATL Borders you went to.

Ive bought quiet a few things, mostly specialty DVD's. The criterion prices are great, also picked up things like Band of Brothers blu-ray for 35$.

[quote name='munch']Is anyone actually buying stuff? 50% off their prices isn't that good.[/QUOTE]

Just thinking the same...

[quote name='SeanAmI']I would also like to know what ATL Borders you went to.[/QUOTE]

I know that the Brookwood Borders on Peachtree St and the Johns Creek Borders are offering the 50% off for sure. However, the Snellville location is not have the sale.

Store on King Street in San Francisco has red tags & one of the employees said the sale will begin there tomorrow. There were only a few blu-rays tagged, and it was a pretty sad selection. The selection on Criterion dvds was pretty great, though.

[quote name='chrsmrly']I know that the Brookwood Borders on Peachtree St and the Johns Creek Borders are offering the 50% off for sure. However, the Snellville location is not have the sale.[/quote]

Went to Peachtree st. location and even with the 50% off prices there was no really good deals, maybe around amazon prices on some things but thast about it...

The best serial posts in this thread

Sharing his intuition
[quote name='CombatCraig']Hmmm may want to put YMMV in the title...[/quote]

Then... Sharing his countdown
[quote name='CombatCraig']Checking Tallahassee Borders in 2 hours[/quote]

After 2 hrs - Ending up with "Nothing" and somehow related with his initial intuition.
[quote name='CombatCraig']Nothing in Tallahassee[/quote]

ok, fairfax, va.

25% for teachers :bomb:
30% for red tagged items.

NO 50% off anything!

they said next week a coupon is coming out for 40%.

Same thing for the one on Route 22 in Jersey. The selection for red tags is pretty awful especially the blu rays. Oh well. Edit- They are calling this a "clearance" sale. It isn't going to clear much if anything I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from Northwest Chicago Borders and it is 50% off Blurays, DVDs, and CDs.....EXCEPT: Best Sellers Section. This pretty much means all the good blurays are not on sale like Wall-E, Pinnochio, New Releases, etc.... The prices on blurays are REALLY high (Ice Age for $39.99?!?), most bluray movies are priced 34.99 and 39.99 and IMO, not worth it. The only thing I bought was Sleeping Beauty bluray for 17.99, which I thought was not a bad price. Anyone else seen any movies worth the price at Borders?

Came back from my Borders today, red flagged DVDs and CDs were 30% off. Is the discount going to get better? Picked up Flight of the Conchords single, always wanted that. Not quite sure about the album, the songs I really like on those are Boom, Inner City Pressure, Bowie, and Prince of Party, I could do without the rest.

This is the image from the Borders Rewards e-mail I got about this this morning with a list of stores that aren't participating, if anyone's interested ^^.

[quote name='muddbunny167']

This is the image from the Borders Rewards e-mail I got about this this morning with a list of stores that aren't participating, if anyone's interested ^^.[/QUOTE]

Syracuse NY had 30% as well. Oddly, they only got though to the I's in the Rock section with the red stickers. J to Z was not marked, so I could not really tell if anything I wanted in those was discounted or not. But from the CDs that was marked, I doubt anything I wanted would have been discounted. The red stickered DVDs was no real bargain. Only 4 Criterion had stickers on and I highly doubted any would have been worth asking someone to unlock them out of the case to get a price on.

I went in and checked out one of the Austin stores last night.
Not a bad selection still left, but the prices are ....well border prices.

I was able to pick up Ghost in the Shell SAC movie and the new off spring CD for $9 each.

I work at Borders and our coupons are never combined with something's sale price. Unless you really hound the cashier/manager it might be possible. But I doubt it.

And if you look at the bottom of the ad that someone posted, at the bottom in tiny print, it says cannot be combined with any other offer. So yeah.

hmmm... that's no good. i was hoping for an auto ring-up, since other stores' coupons tend just stack automatically, regardless of fine print, etc. i'm gonna give it a shot anyway in case there's a cool employee there (doubt it), but you never know.

The way Borders coupons work is that you get the highest discount on that particular item. Like if a book is 30%, if you had a 40% off coupon, since the 40% is obviously more, it just overrides the 30%. So instead of getting 70%, you're just saving an extra 10%.

bread's done
Back