Borders buy 3 get 1 free

[quote name='P0ldy']Least expensive DVD is free.[/quote]

Well obviously, did you expect to get 3 DVD's for $1.99 and get a newer one for $16.99 free?! :p

If i am correct, Borders sells their dvds for MSRP? which literaly means "way too much." Like a dvd selling for 19.99 at bb would be 24.99 at Borders. so the buy 3 get 1 free at Borders is the same as buying the four at BB or CC

[quote name='sman113']If i am correct, Borders sells their dvds for MSRP? which literaly means "way too much." Like a dvd selling for 19.99 at bb would be 24.99 at Borders. so the buy 3 get 1 free at Borders is the same as buying the four at BB or CC[/quote]

They carry a good number of Criterion titles which is good for some. They also tend to still have OOP titles for a longer time since no one shops for DVDs there.

If anyone knows any DVDs that aren't horribly overpriced, post them here. I know the Scream Trilogy goes for about $28, which is only $4 above Amazon.

Yeldarb367 is right; there's nowhere else here in Wichita where you could possibly think to go to buy a Fellini or Kurosawa film, and Criterion's DVDs are super.

[quote name='nasum']not only that but the staff is usually really snobby[/quote]

I agree totally. Yeah I can find an occasionally good deal in there, but I swear at least at the location I go to every so often that their DVD selection is crap. I've never even seen one single Criterion outside of "Armageddon" and "Chasing Amy."

[quote name='demomanTNA'][quote name='nasum']not only that but the staff is usually really snobby[/quote]

I agree totally. Yeah I can find an occasionally good deal in there, but I swear at least at the location I go to every so often that their DVD selection is crap. I've never even seen one single Criterion outside of "Armageddon" and "Chasing Amy."[/quote]

i think i actually recieved the criterion version of chasing amy from DDD. try your luck there.

edit:
CHASING AMY (CRITERION)

theres a link if you're looking for it

Regarding Criterions, I am pretty sure I saw both Rushmore and Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas Criterions (both prohibitavely expensive). The Lawrence of Arabia special edition was a pretty good price in-store (I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was ~$25) -- slightly cheaper than DDD, and if you can find others to buy with it, an even better deal.

I swear every CD and DVD at Borders is $29.99 or higher. I don't know who is stupid enough to buy that stuff from them.

[/exaggeration]

bread's done
Back