Bought 360 T.H. Proving Ground from GoGamer.com -- it's PAL?

allyourblood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
i ordered THPG from GoGamer from their Black Friday e-mail. i saw in the picture that the game had a different rating box than that of the American/NTSC/ESRB blurb, but i figure GoGamer wouldn't put it up for sale if it weren't region-free.

it arrived today (really fast shipping, in CA, by the way!), and i see now that it's PAL. will this work on an NTSC 360? will it only work thru component/VGA or will it somehow also function thru composite? i ask because this is actually a gift for my nephew, and i'm not exactly sure how his system is connected to his TV. of course i'll ask him, but in the meantime, if there are any experts on the subject here on CAG, please let me know.

i intially bought this game on sale at TRU (it's still sealed up and sitting on my shelf), but GG.com had it for $15 cheaper, so i ordered from them, planning on returning the TRU copy soon. if i can't be sure this one will work, i suppose i'll just give the TRU game to him, but i thought it'd be best to check online, first.

thanks gang!

[quote name='62t']yes activison games are region free.[/quote]

thanks, i'm glad to hear it. however, does that mean Activision's PAL titles are completely compatible with NTSC consoles? are there any technical limitations, as i mentioned before? i want to be sure the game will display on composite, as well as component inputs.

[quote name='reibeatall']Yeah, I was kinda irked when I opened up the package yesterday.[/quote]

i hear ya. i knew it wasn't the typical US version, i just didn't expect it to be PAL. my nephew won't care one way or the other, as long as it plays. have you tried yours yet, or is it also a gift?

[quote name='reibeatall']Yeah, I was kinda irked when I opened up the package yesterday.[/QUOTE]

All the "cheap" GoGamer XBox 360 games have been imports. Cheapy/people in the threads here often fail to mark them here, but their site always marks it as an import.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']All the "cheap" GoGamer XBox 360 games have been imports. Cheapy/people in the threads here often fail to mark them here, but their site always marks it as an import.[/quote]

well, the picture sorta tells the tale, but really, the only marking i see on the THPG page is the (I) after the title, and off-hand, that doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot to most people.

bread's done
Back