Bought a game on eBay -- Seller said he accidently listed wrong price -- Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taren Fox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey all, I was on eBay and snagged a copy of a pretty rare PS1 game for $10, buy it now. I paid immediately, and received a message from the seller a half hour later saying he accidentally listed the wrong price.

"Hi I am so sorry I just listed that and saw it sold already and thought that was strange and realized it was a typo and was supposed to be buy it now for 100.00! Please don't be upset it was an honest mistake. Please contact me so we can work something out or Ill have to relist it"
What should I do? I already PayPal'd him the money. The whole reason I bought it was because it was $10 -- I'm really not interested in paying more just because this person can't double check their listings before posting. That or he noticed that it got bought up immediately and realized he should have listed it higher.

Anyway, any advice would be very helpful. I'm not sure what eBay's policies are on this. Thanks!

Nobody, not even eBay can force the seller to ship the item.

I'm sure the seller is going to want you to agree to a refund, and in return they are going to hope that you'll approve the cancellation request so they can get their fees back (you don't have to). Even if he refunds you you still have the ability to leave whatever feedback is appropriate.

Some sellers in situations like these will give an additional refund ($5 or so) as an extra apology but that is the exception not the rule.

[quote name='Taren Fox']And the seller just relisted the item. Lovely.[/QUOTE]

Can't do much. Just leave negative feedback and don't refund them the fees.

Btw what game was it?

EDIT:Or just forget about it, wasn't thinking about the seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an honest mistake.

What would you do if you were in his place? Probably the same thing.

He should have proofread, but sounds like a legitimate story.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Can't do much. Just leave negative feedback and don't refund them the fees.

Btw what game was it?[/QUOTE]

Tactics Ogre.

[quote name='whoknows']Sounds like an honest mistake.

He should have proofread, but sounds like a legitimate story.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be in his situation. When I list ANYTHING I proof read it 3 times. Its total BS that a seller can not give you your item if they aren't satisfied with how much it sold for. What happens when you go to a store and an item is priced wrong?

Anyway the guy refunded me. No harm no foul I guess.

This. The negative feedback and withholding 5 cents of fees won't accomplish anything, so just accept it as a mistake and move on.

[quote name='Taren Fox']I wouldn't be in his situation. When I list ANYTHING I proof read it 3 times. Its total BS that a seller can not give you your item if they aren't satisfied with how much it sold for. What happens when you go to a store and an item is priced wrong?

Anyway the guy refunded me. No harm no foul I guess.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Although in my experience when an item is priced wrong the store does anything it can to weasel out of honoring that price. Anyway like you said, no harm no foul. There's always next time.

People make mistakes and not everyone has time to check things three times before they list it. This isn't a major, big time seller either so I would just let it go. I would leave probably leave a neutral in this case since the seller seemed genuinely apologetic.

If you leave a negative, you would probably waste your time because there are plenty of ways to get those removed these days.

[quote name='Taren Fox']What happens when you go to a store and an item is priced wrong? [/QUOTE]

I'm not defending the ebay seller, but this is a terrible analogy. If I walk into Best Buy and a $3,000 TV is marked $300, there's no way I'm walking out with it for that price. I've seen cars listed for $1,500 instead of $15,000. Do you really think a dealer would honor that price?

[quote name='Taren Fox']

I wouldn't be in his situation. When I list ANYTHING I proof read it 3 times. Its total BS that a seller can not give you your item if they aren't satisfied with how much it sold for. What happens when you go to a store and an item is priced wrong?

Anyway the guy refunded me. No harm no foul I guess.[/QUOTE]

Then maybe you should be more accepting and realize that not everyone is as perfect as you ;)

lol... If it wasn't something you were more than interested in paying more than $10 I wouldn't hold it against them, it's an honest mistake. Are you mad because you wanted to turn around and flip it?

You should let him refund you and move on. Like he said, it was an honest mistake, don't be a dick about it. Don't leave him negative feedback, just accept his apology and refund like a normal human being.

There are no legitimate stories with ebay; they're either great sellers or lying bastards. Or lying bastards with top rated status that you can't do shit about when they screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back