Bought a PSP

s3v3n777

CAGiversary!
So, I finally bought a PSP and Twisted Metal for $260. I love the PSP so far, but I also love my DS. Well, thats besides the point...anyways I have got a few dead pixels and it's bugging me. For $200 I don't want dead pixels. What should I do? Take it back to EB and risk getting a PSP with MORE dead pixels? I just don't know. I need the help of my fellow CAGers.

[quote name='s3v3n777']So, I finally bought a PSP and Twisted Metal for $260. I love the PSP so far, but I also love my DS. Well, thats besides the point...anyways I have got a few dead pixels and it's bugging me. For $200 I don't want dead pixels. What should I do? Take it back to EB and risk getting a PSP with MORE dead pixels? I just don't know. I need the help of my fellow CAGers.[/QUOTE]

You can either keep taking it back and hope you finally get a system that works, or just don't worry about it. I have 3 or 4 dead pixels, but you can't see them during gameplay, so I could care less.

wow the psps are still getting dead pixels? i thought that was for the very first psps.

Congrats. Prepare for buyers remorse when you get over the pretty screen and then realize that there is a huge lack of games right now.

I would definitely exchange it for a different one. Mine has 0 dead pixels.

I say return it. Sony has to learn that shoddy hardware is unacceptable. Most LCD monitors are covered under warranty when you have about 5 dead pixels or more and that is on a whole lot more resolution than the PSP screen has.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Congrats. Prepare for buyers remorse when you get over the pretty screen and then realize that there is a huge lack of games right now.

I would definitely exchange it for a different one. Mine has 0 dead pixels.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a huge lack of games right now..... 5 games are coming out within a 2 week time span, and Oct. is going to be big for the PSP. Not flaming, just saying the psp did just get 5 new games..

I know the DS has a lot of games I am looking foward to, but the PSP is also coming out with a few games I wanna check out. They each serve their purpose to me. Nintendo has been out longer and when it was released it didn't have squat going for it until a few months ago. Hence, why I didnt buy it at launch. I honestly hope the DS does well though, it is a really nifty lil system, underrated and all.

Actually, the DS sometimes has dead pixels too. It's a fault in color LCD screens, I hear... But it sure happens a lot more with Sony's PSP, doesn't it?

Could someone post a pic of a PSP (or DS for that matter) that shows dead pixels? I"m curious as to how annoying it might be. I haven't encountered any dead pixels before, almost bought a PSP on impulse the other day, (I didn't, had it in my hand and then at check out told the cashier I changed my mind) how bad are the pixels?

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Could someone post a pic of a PSP (or DS for that matter) that shows dead pixels? I"m curious as to how annoying it might be. I haven't encountered any dead pixels before, almost bought a PSP on impulse the other day, (I didn't, had it in my hand and then at check out told the cashier I changed my mind) how bad are the pixels?[/QUOTE]

You can't see them unless you are on a black screen. Well thats for me atleast.

During gameplay they aren't noticable at all. My first psp I bought had atleast 30 dead pixels on the lower right hand of the screen.

[quote name='eastx']Actually, the DS sometimes has dead pixels too. It's a fault in color LCD screens, I hear... But it sure happens a lot more with Sony's PSP, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]
Because the PSP screen has more pixels than both DS screens put together, but the probability of getting a dead pixel is still quite low.

It's just that people don't post to say "hey, I don't have a dead pixel"!

(Which, by the way, I don't have a dead pixel on any of the LCD screens I own, not even my PSP)

Mr. Answer, dead pixels are different for everyone. For example, on my psp the pixels show up on the black screens. On my laptop they show up on white. Dead pixels (according to sony) can be 3 colors. Black, green or red. Usually they are green and red, and they are bright little bastards. My laptop (1st one) had 1 bright green dead pixel. It was horrible so I returned it and got this one...u can barely notice the dead pixel. My psp has a few (at least I think it's a few) dead ones near the lower center of the screen. I'll try and post some pics. It's nothing major on my psp, so I'm debating keeping it but I'm anal...and besides...sometimes EB just gives u a new one so you'll shut up and leave.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Could someone post a pic of a PSP (or DS for that matter) that shows dead pixels? I"m curious as to how annoying it might be. I haven't encountered any dead pixels before, almost bought a PSP on impulse the other day, (I didn't, had it in my hand and then at check out told the cashier I changed my mind) how bad are the pixels?[/QUOTE]

I've got dead pixels in both my DS and PSP.

The PSP's ones are white, near the bottom corner of the screen, the ONLY time you can tell they are there is if the screen is pitch black, you can never see them during gameplay.

The one I have on the DS is like a tannish color, it's very noticable to pick out during gameplay, and quite annoying... might send it off to Nintendo soon.

For those that want to know what a dead pixel looks like. I couldnt find one of a psp in action and taking one of my psp was damn near impossible. This is from a site on the net which shows 1...note...ONE dead pixel. Imagine a couple of these in one concentrated area!

pixel.png

and

pixel2.png

I'd exchange it at EB. It's not the biggest deal, but you payed good money and years from now if you want to resell it on ebay or somewhere else, it'd be nice to have a pristine screen.

bread's done
Back