Bought PS3, yet no BLU-RAY or PS3 Games Yet

sparklecopy

CAGiversary!
I bought the ps3 because of the deal on Amazon. Problem is that I'm a CAG and refuse to pay more than 15-20 bucks for any game or digital media and also I'm still paying off my credit card for buying a 1080P HDTV LCD and a PS3. So Far I've been playing upconverted DVD's that look amazing and upconverted ps2 games which look amazing too. I was just wondering how many people with ps3's actually don't have any High Definition media to play on it? The only thing I really want right now is Bladerunner on BLuray which is coming out in december. I'd buy the pirates of the carribean but am waiting for the trilogy also in december. There are no games I want to play except for Ninja Gaiden and Lair but I'm not paying 60 bucks on them! This is such a weird position to be in. I want to feed my High Definitio system High Definition sources but I just refuse to pay those ridiculous prices. It goes against my CAG DNA.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Which deal on Amazon are you referring to?[/QUOTE]
the one where they gave you free shipping, no tax, resident evil apocalypse bluray and a bluray remote. I sold the bluray remote and Resident evil on ebay to lower the price on the ps3 to 460. I sold my slim ps2 for 100 to lower the price to 360

I am in the same boat. I got my ps3 but don't have any ps3 games, except the ones I have downloaded from the PSN. I got the ps3 mostly for dvd upconverting, ps2 and ps1 games, blueray, and some games that are going to come out later (MGS4,new FF, HAZE). I am also interested in ninja gaiden,lair, heavenly sword, and some others, but they will just be rents. Resistance will probably be the first game I buy when it drops in price.

[quote name='rickonker']where did you sell the slim ps2 for 100?[/QUOTE]
ebay. i had the box and it was like new.

I had a PS3 for about 3 or 4 months.

I got Resistance about 3 weeks after buying my PS3.

Beat that in about 3 days and traded it in. I would occasionally rent BR movies from Netflix.

Then, I didn't have one game or BR movie for the rest of the time I owned it.

So, no, you're situtation isn't that crazy.

You are not alone. I've had my PS3 for like three weeks, and I own no games or Blu-ray movies. Although, I have borrowed a few games from my friend, and I use netflix. I just don't see any games on the horizon that I can justify spending $60 to get. Maybe Oblivion GOTY, maybe UT3. Until then, I wait.

Well remember if you've gotten your PS3 after July, you can get 5 free Blu-ray movies so you really shouldn't be without any.

Also Amazon has a section of Blu-Ray movies starting at $15. Fifth Element and House of Flying Daggers are two I remember.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Well remember if you've gotten your PS3 after July, you can get 5 free Blu-ray movies so you really shouldn't be without any.

Also Amazon has a section of Blu-Ray movies starting at $15. Fifth Element and House of Flying Daggers are two I remember.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it 6-8 weeks for delivery?

I don't have any PS3 disc games yet either.

I have a couple of blu ray movies and Planet Earth with are fantastic. Since I really never owned a PS2 I've been picking up some of the classics and playing through them.

I don't have any yet, either. There are several games I want to buy... Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Oblivion, Dark Kingdom (since it has online co-op), Resistance... I know there are some others. And Planet Earth on Blue Ray... gotta get that soon.

gotta try Gamefly and resub to Netflix soon, too...

I'm there as well. I've had my PS3 since the day it dropped in price and just now picked up a game (Tiger Woods 07 because it was $30) and a Blu-Ray movie (300 -- IT'S FREAKING 300!!!!!). I've put about 20 minutes into Tiger Woods and watched the first 5 minutes of 300.

That will all change once Warhawk comes out though (and possibly Heavenly Sword); but truthfully I needed to offload my launch PS2 before it bit the dust. I managed to get $150 out of it on EBay, but that was with 21 games and 4 controllers.

Had mine for 3 months now...1 game (Resistance), 1 Movie (300) and 2 Demos...That's it.

But mine has the Emotion Engine...so I have that going for me...

I recommend ebay and craigslist for games, between the 2 you shouldn't pay more than $40 for any game. Buy.com for buying Blu Rays; Netflix or Blockbuster.com are worth it.

You guys should also try trading some of your older games for points on Goozex and then using the points to request PS3 games. That's how I've picked up the games I have for PS3 -- because I don't see anything worth spending $60 on.

you could play some of the psn games. Super Stardust HD is a nice little game for $8, super Rub a dub for $3 may also be a good distraction lol.

Other than that if you want a cheap ps3 game, Enchanted Arms is $20 now lol

Eh. I have the chance to buy a PS3 for about $360 and I can't seem to justify it. I want to, but there aren't any games I'm interested in, until the future. But with knowing the price will go up, I feel like I should buy it now. I'm a bit torn.

I'm thinking about buying the 60GB PS3 for $500 even though I don't want it for like another year just so I can have the backwards compatibility. I won't buy a single game until at least the fall but it might be nice to watch movies on. My TV is only 480i/p and 1080i though and I'm still not clear what that means as far as movies and games go...

I also don't have a single PS3 or Blu-ray. Owned it only for about 3 weeks. The only PS3 game that interests me right now is NG Sigma, but I'll wait for a price drop. Nothing on the horizon looks purchase worthy either IMHO, except maybe UT3 with keyboard/mouse support.

Mainly bought the PS3 as a blu-ray player. With that Meijer deal from a few weeks back, just couldn't resist. But until I have the cash to pick up a plasma, hopefully later this year, I'm not in a hurry to buy any blu-ray discs. I haven't even sent in for my 5 freebies yet.

But gaming is also a plus, and I never had any Playstations so now's a good time to check out cheap PS1 and PS2 games I missed out on.

we bought as well and just watch blu ray movies from blockbuster, we ordered our 5 free movies. We bought a bunch of PS2 games and calling all cars and demos from PSN. We also use it to watch pics from our computer files.

I also bought my 60GB with the Meijer deal over a week ago with the intent of using it mainly as a Blu-Ray player for now. I also got it for the EE engine since I have a lot of PS2 games. No PS3 games yet as I've been using free rentals and PSN demos to see what's out there. Like mickeyp, lately I've been using it to play music files or show pictures from my computer.

And when it's not doing any of the above, my PS3 is folding with CAG team. Even without owning any PS3 games yet, mine's been keeping pretty busy.

Mine just came in the mail Monday and so far I've picked up 300 on blu-ray and have Resistance: FoM coming in the mail. Resistance is probably the only game I'll have for quite a while, but I don't regret the decision to buy a PS3.

None of you guys are making any sense! If you don't want to actually play any games, or buy any Blu-ray movies (or don't have a hi-def tv to watch them on), then why did you spend all that money on the system? I could kind of understand if you wanted to get the 60GB SKU before they take out the emotion engine, but is that really that big of a deal? Just take the time until "good" games come out for PS3 to play all of those PS2 games you need to. Once the flood of games for PS3 begins, you won't really feel that need to go back to PS2 games very often. I remember thinking how great it was that I could play my old PS1 games on my PS2, and I don't think I ever actually did.

There is more than enough to keep you busy on the PS3. I second those who say go for Netflix and Gamefly. Any true CAG should be using those services. Also, whoever suggested Goozex is right, too (although it takes a while to get a PS3 game. I got Motorstorm and Fight Night round 3 through there). I just don't understand how someone can pay all that money, but not really want the system, apparently.

[quote name='orko60']None of you guys are making any sense! If you don't want to actually play any games, or buy any Blu-ray movies (or don't have a hi-def tv to watch them on), then why did you spend all that money on the system? I could kind of understand if you wanted to get the 60GB SKU before they take out the emotion engine, but is that really that big of a deal? Just take the time until "good" games come out for PS3 to play all of those PS2 games you need to. Once the flood of games for PS3 begins, you won't really feel that need to go back to PS2 games very often. I remember thinking how great it was that I could play my old PS1 games on my PS2, and I don't think I ever actually did.

There is more than enough to keep you busy on the PS3. I second those who say go for Netflix and Gamefly. Any true CAG should be using those services. Also, whoever suggested Goozex is right, too (although it takes a while to get a PS3 game. I got Motorstorm and Fight Night round 3 through there). I just don't understand how someone can pay all that money, but not really want the system, apparently.[/quote]None of us are making any sense? Did you not read this thread? Your "advice" basically repeats what many of us have already said. :roll:

And yes, EE is a big deal for some of us with a lot of PS2 games. I plan on giving away or selling my PS2, but I still have tons of unplayed PS2 games. Just because you abandon old gen games for new gens doesn't mean the rest of us will.

alright I decided to buy kingdom of heaven directors cut on bluray for 20 bucks on ebay. Hopefully that will stop my high definition fix for a month.

Wow! Is it customary for Goozex to offer a free game when you sign up or am I reading this wrong?

Thank you for registering on Goozex!
Your account is now fully activated and you can begin trading on Goozex!

As a welcome gift, your account has been credited with 1 FREE transaction. Your first game is on us!

Additionally, when you complete your first transaction with positive feedback we will credit you an additional bonus of 100 Goozex points!

You can now add the games you wish to trade to your My Library list. Search in our extensive database for the games you have, and add them to your library. We will notify you automatically when a game is requested by another user.

Then, build your My Request list with the games you wish to receive from other users. We will notify you automatically when a game is shipped to you. All you need to do is make sure you have enough points and trade credits to receive the games in your list!

When you send out one of your games, you earn points which in turn allow you to receive other games. Goozex is pure trading, and the more games you send out, the more you can receive!

At first you can only receive one game at once. As you complete more successful transactions, you will be able to receive more games at the same time.

Welcome to Goozex and happy trading!

The Goozex Team

I'm in the exact same boat, jumped on the amazon deal and have no games except for superstardust hd and tekken from the psn store. I'll probably pick up heavenly sword when it comes out. I haven't even rented a ps3 game from gamefly yet.

If its any consolation, I have had a Wii for months now, and I dont own a single game outside of Wii Sports. And if I DID own a PS3, Id likely only have one or two games for it at this point. Like you, I don't like paying over $20 for a game, barring the 3 or so releases per year I must have. Guitar Hero(s), Madden, Forza 2, and Final Fantasy games have been the only new games I have bought in the last year, and I even skipped a couple of those.

[quote name='imascrub']you could play some of the psn games. Super Stardust HD is a nice little game for $8, super Rub a dub for $3 may also be a good distraction lol.

Other than that if you want a cheap ps3 game, Enchanted Arms is $20 now lol[/quote]

I'd recommend Blast Factor (I think that's right). It's just a fun arcade like shooter that incorporates the Sixaxis. Nucleus is also good. Oh, and Calling All Cars - definitely get that one.

I'd skip Flow. It's like spending an hour doing nothing - very strange. Pretty to look at but you really aren't doing much of anything.

The old arcade games are worth it if you can arrange to play someone online, I suppose. Otherwise just stick to the collections for the PS2.

[quote name='orko60']None of you guys are making any sense! If you don't want to actually play any games, or buy any Blu-ray movies (or don't have a hi-def tv to watch them on), then why did you spend all that money on the system? I could kind of understand if you wanted to get the 60GB SKU before they take out the emotion engine, but is that really that big of a deal? Just take the time until "good" games come out for PS3 to play all of those PS2 games you need to. Once the flood of games for PS3 begins, you won't really feel that need to go back to PS2 games very often. I remember thinking how great it was that I could play my old PS1 games on my PS2, and I don't think I ever actually did.
[/quote]

It's actually kind of interesting/funny just how many people bought the PS3 without any games. I suspect many of them did it because of the EE being taken out. I can't remember this happening to any system before. People would always come home with at least one game.

DiRT is on the horizon - I could see picking that one up.

Same here. If I didn't also have a 360, I'd buy Rainbow 6 and Oblivion, which are both fantastic, but...well, I've already beaten them.

I've rented one Bluray and one PS3 game.

[quote name='magnawiz']Wow! Is it customary for Goozex to offer a free game when you sign up or am I reading this wrong?[/QUOTE]
I think that just means you don't have to pay the $1 fee. You still need to pay with points.

[quote name='robin2099']Eh. I have the chance to buy a PS3 for about $360 and I can't seem to justify it. I want to, but there aren't any games I'm interested in, until the future. But with knowing the price will go up, I feel like I should buy it now. I'm a bit torn.[/QUOTE]
In the same boat. A friend of a friend is willing to sell me his unopened 60GB PS3 that he bought at launch (for great profit--haha) for $375. I really want to bite, but the cheap bastard in me can't buy a console that's just going to sit there until MGS4 comes along. Which could be 6-7 months from now. The fact that it's region locked on PS2 games doesn't help, either. What a retarded decision on Sony's part.

[quote name='dothog']In the same boat. A friend of a friend is willing to sell me his unopened 60GB PS3 that he bought at launch (for great profit--haha) for $375. I really want to bite, but the cheap bastard in me can't buy a console that's just going to sit there until MGS4 comes along. Which could be 6-7 months from now. The fact that it's region locked on PS2 games doesn't help, either. What a retarded decision on Sony's part.[/quote]

that was how i was, but now that i have it it is nice to know I will be able to play MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Haze (months before its 360 release), and I can look forward to FFXIII and PSN games. Plus the blueray deal added a nice touch.

poor people buying a ps3 makes me laugh. if you dont have enough money to buy a ps3 game or a blu-ray disc, go buy a wii

The only full price game i have is Ninja Gaiden and i bought it when i bought the system. But even then i used a 10% off coupon so it was like 53.99.

I just finally picked up my first BR movie which of course is 300. but it was hard to not buy it the hd-dvd version with the special features. If it wasnt Combo disk i wouldve bought it. but then i used $10 summer reward cert so got it cheaper too.

in fact everythign i have for the ps3 i bought used or somehow saved money. i paid more for some games than i wouldve liked but i have a problem when i get a enw system and need to have at least a few choices for games.

Check out the PS3 trade section some people are sellign games for a decent price. and CC has College Hoops 2k7 on clearance for $16.96 if you into Sports at all.

[quote name='sononkyo']poor people buying a ps3 makes me laugh. if you dont have enough money to buy a ps3 game or a blu-ray disc, go buy a wii[/quote]
Yea so you can buy so many awesome games that are out!!

I bought my PS3 last Friday along with Resistance and 300 on BR. Now I'm waiting until Rachet comes out. Personally I think you're going to be shit outta luck if you stand around waiting until Lair and whatnot get to $15. I don't see that happening for quite a long time.

And if you mind me saying, it seems odd that you'd spend $500 + on a system and then not want to spend $50 on a game (which is what Resistance cost me). Besides, 300 on BluRay only cost me $24 at Walmart.

Just rent some games until something comes along that is actually worth the 50-60 dollars...

oh and buy some PSN store games. Some original IPs like Piyotama or Radioing all boats.

bread's done
Back