Bought SSFIV: AE on Steam? Get a extra steam key.

BernardoOne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
448 (100%)
If you bought SSFIV:AE( Super Street Fighter IV: Advanced Edition) from Steam or from a place that provided direct steam keys, you can use the GFWL CD key that Steam provides you to redeem a extra copy on someone else's account.

Save or use your keys now, as the cd-keys will probably be gone when the steamworks patch goes live.

uJH3CG1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It should work though, this extra key stuff works exactly because of GFWL keys now being able to be redeemed on steam.
I just noticed that it was the "LIVE Access Code" that was showing up and that I tried. The Game Activation Key says that there's no key assigned. o_O

I... don't get how that works.

I just noticed that it was the "LIVE Access Code" that was showing up and that I tried. The Game Activation Key says that there's no key assigned. o_O

I... don't get how that works.
Not sure then. I assume you got the game directly from GFWL, instead of a retail copy?

I won a code from a Capcom stream trivia contest. Guess that means I don't have an activation key and thus can't get it on Steam. Lovely. lol
That key might not be in the Steam database yet. A Capcom developer on the Steam forums said that free keys given out at Evo 2011 weren't included in the master key distribution list so maybe yours wasn't included yet either?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/discussions/0/522728269097950960/#c522728730153081471

If it still doesn't work after those keys get added you could probably contact Capcom and ask for one.

Thanks, I tried to do it but G4WL client doesnt open up, it says poblem connections, and I used 4 different PCs. Anyone with similar problem?
Only time I have had any issues with GFWL was when the clock on my computer wasnt set to the current time/date. If you are having problems with GFWL on 4 machines I would say something you are doing is likely the problem.

Only time I have had any issues with GFWL was when the clock on my computer wasnt set to the current time/date. If you are having problems with GFWL on 4 machines I would say something you are doing is likely the problem.
Like what exactly, apart from downloading and installing the client from xbox site? 2 PCs are Win7 and the other 2 PC's are on Win8.1. Maybe there is a region lock now? I'm in Argentina.

looks like they got rid of the cd keys now on Steam. Guess once it turned to Steamwork, there were no point in providing keys..

Basically prevent giving out free copies to friends now unless you guys copy the key down like the OP mention

bread's done
Back