Bourne Files

soccerstud652

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
I just picked up the Bourne Files set at Best Buy for $9.99. I wanted to know if these versions of the movies are the re-released "extended" cuts or the original releases. Thanks!

The movie ticket included is worth a $7.50 value, so if you are going to see the new Bourne movie, this DVD set is basically free.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I just picked up the Bourne Files set at Best Buy for $9.99. I wanted to know if these versions of the movies are the re-released "extended" cuts or the original releases. Thanks!

The movie ticket included is worth a $7.50 value, so if you are going to see the new Bourne movie, this DVD set is basically free.[/quote]
I believe that we determined that 1 of the two movies was an extended cut over at DVDTalk.

[quote name='speedy1961']I believe that we determined that 1 of the two movies was an extended cut over at DVDTalk.[/quote]
I think only one of them was ever released as an extended cut to be honest.

Can I get a link to the DVD talk thread? I was surprised there was no review over there.

Also, speedy, do you know which version of Saving private ryan will be on sale at CC next week? Pm me if you'd like!

Thanks Speedy! Now I might as well get this with the Movie Cash as I intended on seeing the movie anyhoo, makes each movie about $1 each!

[quote name='Masterkyo']$7.50 movie cash is good at AMC theater or not ??[/quote]

Not...sucks doesn't it? Thats the closes one to me...now I have to go to some crappy Regel one.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I think only one of them was ever released as an extended cut to be honest.

Can I get a link to the DVD talk thread? I was surprised there was no review over there.

Also, speedy, do you know which version of Saving private ryan will be on sale at CC next week? Pm me if you'd like![/quote]

See post #11:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=506581

As far as saving Private Ryan, I pictured the one in the thread but here's the Amazon match:

41E6E5C9RML._AA240_.jpg

As far as reviews go, here are the two but these cover the discs and not the new packaged ones:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=13592

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=13515

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11611

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11557

Since I picked up an extra one because of the ticket, if anyone was wondering, the trade in value at Blockbuster is $7.50.

Bourne Identity is called the "explosive extended edition", but the actual movie isn't any longer. It just has an alternate opening and ending (which both suck) as special features on the disc. The discs in the Bourne Files include all the special features that you can get by buying the movies seperately (plus an exclusive bonus disc).

[quote name='backstrokestyles']Hey does using the mastercard work online?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, it's an in-store only deal.

[quote name='FOBPrettyNPunk']Boo I bought this yesterday at BB and didn't get any movie money.[/QUOTE]

did u check inside the package? theres a sticker on the front saying theres a movie ticket.

[quote name='trunks982']did u check inside the package? theres a sticker on the front saying theres a movie ticket.[/quote]

I looked everywhere in the package. Looks like I got jipped, oh well.

[quote name='FOBPrettyNPunk']I looked everywhere in the package. Looks like I got jipped, oh well.[/QUOTE]

My movie money was in the first pocket right in front of the DVD. It's folded up and when it's unfolded it's about a small poster size. You rip the movie cash out of the right bottom corner where it's perforated.

[quote name='xbox_mole']My movie money was in the first pocket right in front of the DVD. It's folded up and when it's unfolded it's about a small poster size. You rip the movie cash out of the right bottom corner where it's perforated.[/quote]

Nope, not there. I wish I would have stopped to look at the packaging to see if it was included.

Yeah, the packaging has a yellow "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on the front to indicate that there's Movie Cash inside. Of the 10 copies sitting on the shelf at my BB, only 2 had the sticker. However, the sales flyer doesn't indicate anything about the Movie Cash only being in "marked packages," as ar as I know, so you may have some luck bringing back the DVDs and convincing them to exchange your set for one with the ticket, assuming you have your receipt and the sticker-less shrink wrap. Unless you get some hardass at the Customer Service counter, of course.

anyone know if this is true:? i went to go get the bourne files dvd. the stupid girl working says you have to contact the manufacturer to the get the ticket? i dont see how a manufacturer has to do with it but my bb said to get the ticket you have to go through them! BEWARE OF THIS OFFER! VERY MISLEADING!

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']anyone know if this is true:? i went to go get the bourne files dvd. the stupid girl working says you have to contact the manufacturer to the get the ticket? i dont see how a manufacturer has to do with it but my bb said to get the ticket you have to go through them! BEWARE OF THIS OFFER! VERY MISLEADING![/QUOTE]

dumb girl doesnt know anything. shes just making up stuff so she can get rid of u. the only way to get the ticket is from inside the package. outside of the dvd should have a sticker.

Like this:

sorry my cellphone sucks.

bread's done
Back