Boxing Day: 2 for 1 at Sears?

[quote name='ldsdrive']Where have you seen this?[/QUOTE]
I was in store and the customer service rep confirmed there was an aggressive games sale. The other guy I originally talked to on the phone was the first to bring it to my attention.

I thought it was all games off 50%, but the fella working there said it was like... two for the price of 1 or something. Not entirely sure. Worth investigating for sure though.

The Sears I was at (Deerfoot Mall Calgary) had a VERY limited stock of games though, so be warned, it might be a risky place to throw your doorcrasher hat into the ring.

As of this morning at this location I saw 2x Skyrim (one 360 one PS3), 1 Arkham City (PS3) and a couple Uncharted 3's, plus I believe ~3 Skyward Sword's. Though their boxing day deals are on right now, the games deal isn't til the actual 26th.

Hope it helps.

Don't get Skyrim on console - definitely get it on PC. It's going for $40 today on Steam. Best deal yet, I think.

Thus implying that everybody has a gaming PC. Console Skyrim is fine but PC will obviously be better if you like mods and the like.

[quote name='VetraX']Don't get Skyrim on console - definitely get it on PC. It's going for $40 today on Steam. Best deal yet, I think.[/QUOTE]

But that's $30 vs $40...

Trust me, and the countless other PS3 owners, that it's best played on PC. The latest patch dun goof'd.

[quote name='Shinn23']Thus implying that everybody has a gaming PC. Console Skyrim is fine but PC will obviously be better if you like mods and the like.[/QUOTE]

Intel or AMD quad-core - and - Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB - and - 6 GB free HDD space - and - 4GB RAM

That's not bad for recommended settings.

[quote name='VetraX']Trust me, and the countless other PS3 owners, that it's best played on PC. The latest patch dun goof'd.

Intel or AMD quad-core - and - Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB - and - 6 GB free HDD space - and - 4GB RAM

That's not bad for recommended settings.[/QUOTE]

You're clearly not cheap enough to be a true CAG. I'm rocking a pentium 3 @800 Mhz with like 256 Mb of ram.

[quote name='Naylord']You're clearly not cheap enough to be a true CAG.[/QUOTE]

Gamer > Cheap Ass. First and foremost. Heed my advice or don't. Whatever.

[quote name='VetraX']Trust me, and the countless other PS3 owners, that it's best played on PC. The latest patch dun goof'd.[/QUOTE] The game plays fine when I had it on 360. I've never been much of a PC gamer because I'm my worried about my laptop overheating. At least replacing a PS3 or 360 nowadays is much cheaper.

The PS3 "lag" issue is quite over-exaggerated for anyone a little concerned about it. I've noticed it for a while, but it's far from unplayable. Just requires a touch more patience.

[quote name='VetraX']Gamer > Cheap Ass. First and foremost. Heed my advice or don't. Whatever.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Gaming comes first. ;)

My friends playing Skyrim on 360 haven't had any problems though, so if you choose to buy Skyrim on console, go 360, not PS3. PC does have that mod community though...

PC is the best platform to play it on, 360 is the alternative and DON'T buy it on PS3, the issues you run into after the 40-hour mark are terrible (or so I've heard/seen).

[quote name='Rocky071']The PS3 "lag" issue is quite over-exaggerated for anyone a little concerned about it. I've noticed it for a while, but it's far from unplayable. Just requires a touch more patience.[/QUOTE]Your PS3 is no different from mine.

You will get problems eventually. It is not over-exaggerated, and Skyrim is a total POS on PS3.

It needs to be fixed. No excuses.

[quote name='MightyOwned']Your PS3 is no different from mine.

You will get problems eventually. It is not over-exaggerated, and Skyrim is a total POS on PS3.

It needs to be fixed. No excuses.[/QUOTE]
72 hours in and I've experienced maybe 10 minutes that were significantly frustrating in terms of lag. The rest has been a minor inconvenience.

Still think you need to relax a bit. Sure it's not 60 FPS at all times like any proper gamer would like, but when a game is this good it's not worth missing out on just because it skips here and there.

bread's done
Back