Bradygames discount?

brianffrpg

CAGiversary!
Has anyone heard of any new tricks, besides editing the Informit link, or upcoming promotions for the Bradygames website? Or does anyone know of any other websites that sells strategy guides for relatively cheaper than B&M?

Personally I'd just use GameFAQs.com. Free guides that are usually very well done and good message boards if you need more help. I like free more than paying money so that's where I get most of my videogame help.

Best Buy usually has some guides cheap but they seem to drop price randomly.

[quote name='Roufuss']The problem is some guides don't get pennied, or when they do, they are a bitch and a half to find, espically from EB / GS.

I'm still waiting on Kingdom Hearts to get pennied at EB / GS... I doubt it will ever happen.[/quote]

Yea thats why i bought it during the last 65% off sale at Brady - i think its worth the $5 :cool:

[quote name='Roufuss']The problem is some guides don't get pennied, or when they do, they are a bitch and a half to find, espically from EB / GS.

I'm still waiting on Kingdom Hearts to get pennied at EB / GS... I doubt it will ever happen.[/quote]

Yeah, most AAA RPG guides won't get .01 out.

I'm still waiting on Kingdom Hearts to get pennied at EB / GS... I doubt it will ever happen.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I broke down & bought the KH guide about a year ago. Figured by the time it finally did get pennied out it would be gone anyway.

There are others I don't take the chance with as well - so far this year I've picked up Shining Force Neo & Suikoden Tactics games at near-full price (got the 20% off for getting them w/ the games, that's something). Both of these only had one or two copies on the shelf at my local EB anyway.

Some prices are getting ridiculous now tho. I'm seeing $20 guides more often now. Most recently, both the Drakengard 2 & Shadow Hearts: FTNW guides have looked appealing, but I just can't justify the $20 price tags. These things should be cheaper, not more expensive - I'm sure they'd sell a lot more if they'd drop the price to $10. Maybe then they wouldn't have to penny them out, or at least not as often. ;)

Whenever I order an item from Amazon and I'm short of the $25 I need to get free shipping, I usually throw a guide on the order. Newer guides are $15, but older guides are around $10. Sure, I end up paying more than I would have if I had just paid for shipping, but if you factor in what you save on the cost of shipping, a $10 guide ends up being $7. At least that's how I justify it to myself.

[quote name='argyle']Yup, I broke down & bought the KH guide about a year ago. Figured by the time it finally did get pennied out it would be gone anyway.

There are others I don't take the chance with as well - so far this year I've picked up Shining Force Neo & Suikoden Tactics games at near-full price (got the 20% off for getting them w/ the games, that's something). Both of these only had one or two copies on the shelf at my local EB anyway.

Some prices are getting ridiculous now tho. I'm seeing $20 guides more often now. Most recently, both the Drakengard 2 & Shadow Hearts: FTNW guides have looked appealing, but I just can't justify the $20 price tags. These things should be cheaper, not more expensive - I'm sure they'd sell a lot more if they'd drop the price to $10. Maybe then they wouldn't have to penny them out, or at least not as often. ;)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. RPG guides I usually pay full price for, because they are a) informative b) I like the easy to look at charts and maps and c) they tend to get collectiable, or at least drive the value of a game up.

So far the only guide I've paid semi full price for (got the 20% off) is MGS 3: Subsistence, the EB I went to only got one and I figured it wouldn't be around when / if it ever pennied out. I will probably pay full price for the Oblivion guide - 20% as well... Morrowind still isn't pennied out at Best Buy :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']Agreed. RPG guides I usually pay full price for, because they are a) informative b) I like the easy to look at charts and maps and c) they tend to get collectiable, or at least drive the value of a game up.

So far the only guide I've paid semi full price for (got the 20% off) is MGS 3: Subsistence, the EB I went to only got one and I figured it wouldn't be around when / if it ever pennied out. I will probably pay full price for the Oblivion guide - 20% as well... Morrowind still isn't pennied out at Best Buy :lol:[/quote]

Maybe Morrowind will finally .01 out next month since Oblivion will be out...maybe.

Well, I just placed an order myself from Brady. Kingdom Hearts II LE, Suikoden V and .hack//Quarantine. After the site-change trick, got 40% off + free shipping, and the total was $40.89. I figure there's a 50/50 shot they actually still have the .hack guide...if they do, it's the only one I'm missing, and if not, I still get the 40% off the other two. Win-win. :)

Prima guides seem to hold a higher price at stores than brady. Plus theres no tricks like the informit trick through prima, so its always disheartening for me when I see a company go prima.

[quote name='argyle']Well, I just placed an order myself from Brady. Kingdom Hearts II LE, Suikoden V and .hack//Quarantine. After the site-change trick, got 40% off + free shipping, and the total was $40.89. I figure there's a 50/50 shot they actually still have the .hack guide...if they do, it's the only one I'm missing, and if not, I still get the 40% off the other two. Win-win. :)[/quote]

Back during the 65% sale, i got all 4 hack guides, so pretty good shot.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Back during the 65% sale, i got all 4 hack guides, so pretty good shot.[/QUOTE]

Cool - I'm afraid if I don't get the last one soon I'll never complete the set. Gotta find some of my other missing PS2 guides as well, while I still can.

[quote name='hohez']Prima guides seem to hold a higher price at stores than brady. Plus theres no tricks like the informit trick through prima, so its always disheartening for me when I see a company go prima.[/QUOTE]

Prima guides are also alot worse then Brady.

[quote name='argyle']Well, I just placed an order myself from Brady. Kingdom Hearts II LE, Suikoden V and .hack//Quarantine. After the site-change trick, got 40% off + free shipping, and the total was $40.89. I figure there's a 50/50 shot they actually still have the .hack guide...if they do, it's the only one I'm missing, and if not, I still get the 40% off the other two. Win-win. :)[/QUOTE]

40% off?

How did you get that much off? Is it because you ordered 3 guides? Because I'm looking to buy the strategy guides for KH:II & Suikoden V, but the most I can get off is 35%

bread's done
Back