Bragging Rights from Sam Goody

ChaosMan1014

CAGiversary!
I went to Sam Goody today at my local shopping mall and while talking to my friend on my phone as I saw NHL 2k6 on the shelf. It was in one of those clear plastic security boxes but this one had a clearance sticker on it for $4.88!!! I went to the counter to cash out and they tried telling me that I couldn't have it for that price... HA! After about three minutes of going back and fourth they gave up. Moral of the story: make sure your friends are talking to you on the phone and keeping you in a store as long as possible because you'll notice the smallest things looking right at you!

[quote name='ChaosMan1014']I went to Sam Goody today at my local shopping mall and while talking to my friend on my phone as I saw NHL 2k6 on the shelf. It was in one of those clear plastic security boxes but this one had a clearance sticker on it for $4.88!!! I went to the counter to cash out and they tried telling me that I couldn't have it for that price... HA! After about three minutes of going back and fourth they gave up. Moral of the story: make sure your friends are talking to you on the phone and keeping you in a store as long as possible because you'll notice the smallest things looking right at you! [/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean about noticing small things while on the phone. I think this has happened to me a few times where I'll notice a hard to find game or a really cheap price while talking on the phone.

On the other hand. Never go to a gamestore with a friend if they are not a hardcore digger like you are! I go the store with my one friend all the time, who is looking for like 2 or 3 newer titles used. If he doesnt see them he's ready to go. And his patience quickly runs out if Im rummaging thru the PS1 or N64 racks. I dont want to piss him off so I give up and we go. Then later in the week I'll go back by mself and dig and I always pull out good stuff that I know was there last time I was there, but I just didnt have the time to find.

if i'm driving, I tell them they can wait for me.. I usually hang around stores with them i don't want to go to.. (like spending more then a fair share of time in the Card shop, I love my Magic the gathering like the next guy, but some of my friends like to rummage through boxes and boxes of uncommons/commons to see if there are some gems).. so my video game hunting at other stores doesn't bother them that much.. what bothers them is i can never find games I want to play because I have so many.

bread's done
Back