Brand New PS Vita at $80 on Exchange Store

Awesome deal, I have and love my Vita, but maybe you all can hook other CAGs up. Charge em like $120 or so inc shipping perhaps?

Hmm I already own a vita, but if I weren't so lazy, I'd go pick my friend up one. Seems like a ymmv though, the price is way better than anything I would ever imagine the base exchange would offer.

I'll head to my exchage, if there are a few and cheap I'll hook people up.  If not, hopefully the TC can help us!

Damn, was ready to put down $80 on this thing. A friend of mine was just stationed at Fort Benning, but he just got moved to Washington, or else I'd be on the phone with him right now haha. 

If anyone with one of these near them wants to check it out and perhaps help a CAG out - I'd appreciate it.  Would even be willing to pay more on top of it (within reason) to make it worth your while.

For those that have one, is the Vita worth it? Obviously 80$ is a very good price for it, but if it doesn't have any games worthwhile then it's not worth 80$ to me. I know there's a bunch of ports and stuff... but it seems like all this system has is remakes and ports.

For those that have one, is the Vita worth it? Obviously 80$ is a very good price for it, but if it doesn't have any games worthwhile then it's not worth 80$ to me. I know there's a bunch of ports and stuff... but it seems like all this system has is remakes and ports.
I do.

Especially If you have a PS4. Watch TV and play your PS4 games on your vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great deal. When I first read the title, I thought this was online, but I see all they have is $250+ bundles. The nearest PX is 70 miles for me. Good luck to all the military members/family who can get in on this!

Absolutely it's worth it. I have the first gen model with the OLED display. If you have a PS4 and the Vita, the combo is up there with the Wii U gamepad. You can stream games to the Vita and you can fully control the PS4. You don't even need the TV on.

I call bullshit. I'm gonna say that the OP's brother was just messing with him. No fucking way a Vita sells for $80. 

I call bullshit. I'm gonna say that the OP's brother was just messing with him. No fucking way a Vita sells for $80.
Agreed. I've actually been thinking about it and there's no way this is true. Not only is the AAFES notorious for crap sales and pretty much never updating their MSRPs on games, they do actually have weekly ads and the like. If this is a time-limited sale, it would have been in the Saturday ad, which I looked through and found no such sale in. Best case scenario, this is a clearance, and clearance at base exchanges is very very YMMV, but 9 times out of 10, not even worth it.

marineal said:
I got 3 of them on clearance at Sam's Club for $108 each plus games for as little as $3 earlier this year. There have also been enough typo sales posted on CAG to at least make it a possibility. Never would have invested in Vita if it wasn't so cheap. It's gonna be a fun x-mas. I'm going to download all the PSN updates before x-mas so they can use them while traveling to family houses.

Damn, I'm currently at school in Connecticut; if I were home in California I could help people out here (gave away two ps4's and one xbone for msrp+shipping) since I live less than 20 minutes from Vandenberg AFB and have several friends there. If the price is still the same in a week I can help out.

Has anyone been in Fort Benning? My brother is there, he's in training and w/e. Why he would lie to me? In the same Store he got a Laptop(Reg Price is from $800-$900) for $400 at Black Friday.

While it's not impossible, as someone who has shopped the Navy, Marine Corps, Army and Air Force exchanges for video games for literally a couple decades now, I am very skeptical that this really happened.  The exchanges set their general prices centrally and divided by service branch.  Individual stores occasionally have clearance sales that differ from the main pricing, but I've never seen it happen on an item that is still stocked, even for the holidays.  The Vita certainly wasn't on sale for this price in the various Exchange sale flyers for this weekend.  I suspect the OPs brother misread the signage or the individual exchange simply made a mistake.

I checked aafes website. It's the PSP military bundle for $99.99. Sorry.  I called the operator at the phone order desk and she said it was the PSP.

If it's a mistake at 1 exchange, I suggest you buy them all.

I checked a couple of exchanges around.  Even though they had completely packed parking lots, I did not see even one deal worth entering the store for.  Vita lowest bundles were $200.

bread's done
Back