Brand New PSP Stamina Battery(2200mah) 12.99 shipped. (Back in stock)

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Does anyone know where to get the actual authentic sony made battery casing for the slim?[/QUOTE]

These are really hard to obtain, particularly the official Extended Battery Kit cover for the 2000 series (compatible with 3000's, too - I know because I own the kit and a 3000). Your best bets are:

Purchase an official extended battery and cover kit from Play-Asia. They seem to have a source for them, particularly ones which correspond to the new PSP 3000 colors released in Japan recently. Looks like they run ~$60.

eBay - a total pain only because the official extended battery cover is really hard to find on its own.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Does anyone know where to get the actual authentic sony made battery casing for the slim?[/QUOTE]

I'd ask around in the trading forum. I re-titled my trade list to make people aware I was looking for one, and I got two offers pretty quickly.
It seems the people who bought the extended battery kits generally got two covers with them, so you may be able to find someone who has a spare they could part with.

ordered one when this thread first came up (thanks op!) but i'm having trouble finding a Blue (madden blue) psp cover that would fit a fatter battery. any ideas on where to look? no luck on ebay so far. thanks for any help guys.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Does anyone know where to get the actual authentic sony made battery casing for the slim?[/quote]

As has been mentioned, it's been discontinued, so it will be pretty much impossible to find it at this point.

[quote name='SecretAgentHam']ordered one when this thread first came up (thanks op!) but i'm having trouble finding a Blue (madden blue) psp cover that would fit a fatter battery. any ideas on where to look? no luck on ebay so far. thanks for any help guys.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they even made a blue extended battery cover, but you could always paint a cheapie one off dealxtreme.

I found an original extended battery made by Sony in Kmart. 1 left with a 39.99 price tag on it. can't remember if it included covers, it might have.

I love the battery, but i have a GoW PSP, the idea of a different battery cover scares me. Does this battery make your PSP look fat from behind?

[quote name='SDC']I doubt they even made a blue extended battery cover, but you could always paint a cheapie one off dealxtreme.[/quote]

thank you good sir. i'll just order a white one and paint it when i have some time (and proper paint).

now i play the waiting game for this battery to arrive...

[quote name='Serpentor']I love the battery, but i have a GoW PSP, the idea of a different battery cover scares me. Does this battery make your PSP look fat from behind?[/QUOTE]

Yeah its definitely a little more chunky on one side when you add the bigger battery with extended cover. I think the trade off is worth it though. I would like to buy a second extended battery but missed this deal. Anyone out there have a new one for sale for a similar price?

I found some Pink, Silver and Red covers on DX, so if you have one of those colors of PSP this will be for you.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12376 - Silver, $3.20 for one original slim and one extended cover

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10676 - Pink

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13675 - Red

I want to get the silver ones but the reviews look suspect, so I am on the fence, I think I will wait till the battery comes to order.

I think they did make blue for a while, I know I saw them on there at some point, maybe check Play-Asia?

I've seen the red one on Deal Extreme before. The reviews say it almost matches, but it's not a big deal. Unless it's a 100% match it'll bug me.

Out of curiosity what is the battery time on a psp 2000 anyway? My psp had a crap battery at first so I don't know what to compare 180% to the two hours I got on average from the battery my psp curretnly has.

recieved mines today... still looking for a blue cover. i wasnt expecting it to come so soon. looks like i'll just bite on a white cover ... i dont have a choice anymore. thanks for posting up these covers guys! appreciate it.

Got mine today, it bulges on the both sides, especially the side with the sku and cautions. Plugged it into the psp2000 (hard to fit because of the bulges) and it doesn't seem to work. Tried charging it and not working either. Seems these things are defective

Got mine today, it bulges on the both sides, especially the side with the sku and cautions. Plugged it into the psp2000 (hard to fit because of the bulges) and it doesn't seem to work. Tried charging it and not working either. Seems these things are defective. Advice?

[quote name='tinman_licks']Got mine today, it bulges on the both sides, especially the side with the sku and cautions. Plugged it into the psp2000 (hard to fit because of the bulges) and it doesn't seem to work. Tried charging it and not working either. Seems these things are defective. Advice?[/QUOTE]

If it won't fit properly, it won't work properly. I'd just send it back for a refund. Perhaps I'll try mine sooner rather than later...

[quote name='tinman_licks']Got mine today, it bulges on the both sides, especially the side with the sku and cautions. Plugged it into the psp2000 (hard to fit because of the bulges) and it doesn't seem to work. Tried charging it and not working either. Seems these things are defective. Advice?[/QUOTE]

I wondered about that. The ones pictured haven't been manufactured for probably 2-3 years and likely slowly died on the shelf.

mines fit (without the cover, i'm working on that) and is getting a charge in ATM. charge is around 30% but running off of the AC adapter. purchasing the cover as we speak though...

Got it to fit but still doesn't work. Mine came DOA. Makes sense if they're 2-3 years old. Hmm... wondering how they handle refunds.

Mine came today and it fits perfectly, I haven't turned on the PSP yet with it in but it is charging up no problem. I got the battery in with one easy try, into a silver Daxter pack PSP 2000 model.

[quote name='SDC']A PSP battery for any model should last between 6 to 8 hours, depending on what it is doing.[/QUOTE]

You're lucky if you get 6-8 hours. In both my phat and 2000 (with their original batteries), I only get about 2-3 hours of continous use. Bummed that I missed out on this deal.

[quote name='-HAZE-']Guys, I was about to buy one of these but they were sold out. I'm glad, because DealExtreme has the EXACT same one for $5.20 with free shipping. Yes, they take forever to ship, but you can get 2 of them for less at DX.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.486[/QUOTE]

Look closely at the official one and that one. They look very similar, but that is not a genuine Sony battery. Read the reviews, too, as they mention it doesn't last as long as stated and does not fit properly.

[quote name='-HAZE-']Guys, I was about to buy one of these but they were sold out. I'm glad, because DealExtreme has the EXACT same one for $5.20 with free shipping. Yes, they take forever to ship, but you can get 2 of them for less at DX.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.486[/QUOTE]

These don't look like the ones that GF is offering. This one looks like a generic or possibly a knockoff.

My bad, I missed the fact that it doesn't say Sony on the DX one.

Those sneaky Hong Kong Phooeys!

Good catch guys. I wish they weren't sold out.

Got mine today, stays in my daxter silver psp slim fine without a cover if you press it in till you hear a click. Let you guys know how well the battery lasts after I fully charge it.

Fully charged now and it works fine, at 100% charge on the xbl screen it says 11:30, the standard slim battery never said more than 5 for me when it was fully charged...so I'm assuming battery life will have a major increase.

It's back! I just ordered one so if anyone still wants one, get it now. Also ordered the while cover from DX. It should be close enough since I don't look at the back.

Mine took like a million hours to fully charge but its worth it as there is a major increase in battery life. The original slim battery only got like 2-3 hours if you were doing stuff like using the internet radio or playing a game. If you were playing a game you pretty much had to sit with it plugged in unless you were only playing for like 30 min. I only got it down to 77% yesterday and I listened to the internet radio for a couple hours on it, my iHome speaker dock batteries will probably die before the stamina battery does!

well....

I should see if they double charged me.

somehow I got two delivered... one yesterday, one today.

What was weird was that the one yesterday didn't have a complete packing slip, and today's did.

Checking Bank records.......

Ha, yep only one charge.

so, two batteries.... what the hell am I going to do? Get lost for 24 hours, play games.... that sounds like fun.

[quote name='LeXxX']looks like gamefunk got more in, i just picked one up :)[/quote]
thanks lexxx, now how do i get thread out of graveyard?

Finally ordered one! :whee:

Do they ship these through 1st class mail? And did everyone get a shipping confirmation last time?

It's past 2 biz days with no change from processing status. :cry: Still plenty in stock -- 88 qty hasn't changed since Sat.

Thanks OP. May want to PM one of the mods to bring this up from the dead.

I just popped in my battery (after getting my cover from a fellow cag), and it is charging now. Hopefully I'll post success soon when the battery performs admirably.

Tangentially related: What's the best way to maintain the life of separate batteries? Just rotate them out regularly?

[quote name='SDC']
Tangentially related: What's the best way to maintain the life of separate batteries? Just rotate them out regularly?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I'd like to know too, since I paid for one, and got two shipments of these batteries....

Did they ever make a seperate PSP charger for batteries?

Yes, there have been 3rd party chargers for PSP batteries.

Now, can anyone please answer my question about how these were shipped and how long it took to get to you? Any shipping notice/tracking?

Thanks.

eta:yep, quick amazon search and there they are. 1st party Sony even. Mixed reviews though.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Yes, there have been 3rd party chargers for PSP batteries.

Now, can anyone please answer my question about how these were shipped and how long it took to get to you? Any shipping notice/tracking?

Thanks.

eta:yep, quick amazon search and there they are. 1st party Sony even. Mixed reviews though.[/QUOTE]

oh well I paid for mine and got an order notice, then didn't get any shipment notice, but it appeared like 4 days later. First class mail I think. I got one, after another because of some screw up on their part when I just ordered one.

I'll have to see, but I really didn't think they sent a "I shipped it" email.

They are fast so if you ordered say monday, I bet today you'll get it, or tomorrow.

I'll look for those chargers... see how bad the reviews are.

xycury -

Thank you for the info. It's been driving me crazy not knowing one way or another. The FAQs about sending out shipping confirmations and tracking apparently don't apply to these battery orders. *phew*

Hope it shows up soon though.

*About the SONY charger, the complaints were from those who didn't like the design change to an attached cord ruining travel portability vs. the simpler original w/ built-in wall prongs.

It works fine, but rather pricy at about $25. Someone said they found one at GS for 5 bucks cheaper.

For me in the SF Bay Area, ordered last Friday, got it yesterday. I think it came from SoCal but not 100% sure.

Popped it in my PSP this morning to charge. It's not as thick as I thought which is good. We'll see if I got a dead one or not when I get home from work.

[quote name='Hibiwa']xycury -

Thank you for the info. It's been driving me crazy not knowing one way or another. The FAQs about sending out shipping confirmations and tracking apparently don't apply to these battery orders. *phew*

Hope it shows up soon though.

*About the SONY charger, the complaints were from those who didn't like the design change to an attached cord ruining travel portability vs. the simpler original w/ built-in wall prongs.

It works fine, but rather pricy at about $25. Someone said they found one at GS for 5 bucks cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Well the Amazon marketplace has some for 18... which if it's the official sony one it should be fine. I don't care for a cable, really... lame for users to knock it down to 2 stars for that. All the other reviews were cosmetics, the charger performed as expected.

[quote name='bob330i']For me in the SF Bay Area, ordered last Friday, got it yesterday. I think it came from SoCal but not 100% sure.

Popped it in my PSP this morning to charge. It's not as thick as I thought which is good. We'll see if I got a dead one or not when I get home from work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah both of mine came from CA, so if one is on the east coast, further than myself, then tack on a day or two.

geez... I'm sure they didn't send a shipment email, but it was pretty fast. I was expecting at least more than a week, not under.

[quote name='xycury']
geez... I'm sure they didn't send a shipment email, but it was pretty fast. I was expecting at least more than a week, not under.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, they didn't send me a shipping email either. Just showed up and I also didn't expect it until next week.

Mine just showed first class mail in the mailbox (about 3 days after I ordered, very fast).

My battery is fine and works as expected, the initial charge took a very long time but now the charging time is down a lot and is more normal.

Battery appears to work fine. On the XMB it reads nearly 15 hours of battery life, though I'm sure that'll drain faster when playing a game.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Do both the 2000 and 3000 models use the same battery cover? I found some extended covers claiming to be for the 3000, would they work on the 2000?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but I found that Dealextreme to have a few different colors of battery packs.

[quote name='DrNo888']Can this be used for Pandora battery for my phat?[/QUOTE]

If you can convert it or hard mod it, sure. But why would you bother converting a high capcity battery to a pandora battery? Once it is converted, you can't use it as a normal battery.

bread's done
Back