Brand New PSP Stamina Battery(2200mah) 12.99 shipped. (Back in stock)

[quote name='DrNo888']Can this be used for Pandora battery for my phat?[/quote]
im sure getting pandora battery from dealextreme is more convenient since it save you the trouble of finding and converting a older first party phat battery that haven't been pandora proofed yet. not sure if this 2200mah is pandora proof.

[quote name='hoi1ma']im sure getting pandora battery from dealextreme is more convenient since it save you the trouble of finding and converting a older first party phat battery that haven't been pandora proofed yet. not sure if this 2200mah is pandora proof.[/quote]

Not likely since they stopped producing these before the Pandora creator was available

[quote name='xycury']Well the Amazon marketplace has some for 18... which if it's the official sony one it should be fine. I don't care for a cable, really... lame for users to knock it down to 2 stars for that. All the other reviews were cosmetics, the charger performed as expected.

You have a link for the one you bought?

[quote name='spiderdog']

You have a link for the one you bought?[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy it yet. I don't have my PSP yet and I want to make sure both my batteries that I got work. I only paid for one but got two so I'm thinking maybe one won't work, one other stated that they had an issue with it.

so I will buy it once I know they both charge up to 100 percent... then keep it and buy the charger later.

[quote name='xycury']I didn't buy it yet. I don't have my PSP yet and I want to make sure both my batteries that I got work. I only paid for one but got two so I'm thinking maybe one won't work, one other stated that they had an issue with it.

so I will buy it once I know they both charge up to 100 percent... then keep it and buy the charger later.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much a charger on its own will help you, man. Battery life varies depending on what you do with your PSP, so the best test would be to see how long it lasts once it is really in there.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP. I just got a first-gen PSP on the cheap last week and was wishing for a better battery, so I bit on this deal. I hope GameFunk lives up to the good rep it seems to have here! :)

Got my battery and it was defective. Appears to be a genuine Sony brand battery but the back of the battery was bulged way out (as happens to batteries when they get old) and it wouldn't even fit in the psp. I sent a message to customer service. Hopefully I can get a replacement battery that works.

I bought one of these the last time they were on sale, and it's been worth every penny.

Seriously, it basically allows you to use the PSP as it was meant to be (full brightness, UMD caching set to "on") without worrying about the battery life.

My PSP usage increased tenfold after I got one of these b/c I don't constantly obsess over my battery draining. It's actually kind of liberating.

bought one that arrived this week -- charged for the first time and my battery life estimate for my psp slim at full charge went from a little over 5 hours to around 9 hrs 20 min.

knock wood but it seems to be working fine -- I've put in several hours without reaching the end of the charge. just waiting for my new battery cover to arrive separately. so far I've been kind of hooking one finger around the back of the battery to make sure it doesn't fall out as I play! :whistle2:\"

OOS? Still there for me. Just bought one as a matter of fact. First time I saw the thread and I'm glad I did. I could probably use another extra too though.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Here you go http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9477[/QUOTE]

Just a warning to everyone here that uses the LOGITECH PlayCenter Pocket Slim..

Get this battery cover.^^^^^^

I bought this one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1566 and it doesn't dip near the top and bottom as it should, which makes the PSP not fit in the foam.

Of course you could just shave out some or knife it but I'd rather spend another 3.35 and get one that will work.

I haven't got it yet, but comparing the two and the case I have, it definately seems like I need one that indents a bit more than just slopes out evenly.

Compare images in spoiler.

sku_1566_1.jpg

BAD

sku_9477_1.jpg

GOOD

Found a somewhat better deal. Site seems okay, ordered 2 360 rechargeable battery packs for like $9 shipped. Very cheap stuff here and you can pay via paypal. Check out all the other weird made in china stuff they have there, super cheap. Legit site as well, ordered a pack of those cheap led keychain lights couple years ago.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.486

EDIT: Sorry shoulda read the few posts before, just read the first page of the original post, DOH!

Has anyone recently ordered Sony's extended life battery from amazon? I was wondering if amazon is selling off its old stock or got a shipment of newly manufacturered batteries. amazon's product description isn't much help and customer photos and reviews are for the original extended life battery.

(I'd read that Sony decided to restart its line of PSP extended life batteries because it realized that the PSP-3000 display was an energy hog and the regular battery was getting drained of its charge faster than expected.)

Thanks

They have been out of stock for awhile so it might be a new shipment but its $40. you could buy 3 of these and some covers for roughly the same price

[quote name='arctic00']Has anyone recently ordered Sony's extended life battery from amazon? I was wondering if amazon is selling off its old stock or got a shipment of newly manufacturered batteries. amazon's product description isn't much help and customer photos and reviews are for the original extended life battery.

(I'd read that Sony decided to restart its line of PSP extended life batteries because it realized that the PSP-3000 display was an energy hog and the regular battery was getting drained of its charge faster than expected.)

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I recall reading on another site something to that effect that Sonystyle is carrying the extended life PSP battery with a new serial number. These new ones are probably made in a way so that it can't be converted to a pandora's battery. Even though it shows as out of stock on their site you can order it and people have said they've gotten them.

Rather pricey at $50 and two plastic back covers.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Got my battery and it was defective. Appears to be a genuine Sony brand battery but the back of the battery was bulged way out (as happens to batteries when they get old) and it wouldn't even fit in the psp. I sent a message to customer service. Hopefully I can get a replacement battery that works.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Filled out the customer service form and they sent another battery for free and told me to keep the old one but it's worthless so I'll probably just recycle it.

This site is the best! First I get a PSP for $120, then I get an extended battery pack for only $14.xx shipped?

Jeez, you guys are tempting me with too much good stuff! I bought one for myself. I was really disappointed when I saw these going on Amazon for like $39. Thankfully I came here :D

Is this battery supposed to be all puffy around it? I have an original PSP (Japanese Ceramic White) and the thing just seems like a tight fit with the cover on it (like i had to apply pressure to get the cover on properly - although it fits now).

OK.. so I'm not sure about this one. I received mine and firstly the blisterpack was neatly cut right underneath the battery blister like someone cut and opened it to take the battery out.

Secondly the thing is fatter and spongier than the Stay Puft man. Is that normal?!?!?! I'm scare to stick this in my PSP for fear of it blowing up!!!

[quote name='abudabi']OK.. so I'm not sure about this one. I received mine and firstly the blisterpack was neatly cut right underneath the battery blister like someone cut and opened it to take the battery out.

Secondly the thing is fatter and spongier than the Stay Puft man. Is that normal?!?!?! I'm scare to stick this in my PSP for fear of it blowing up!!![/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for mine but if the package is cut open, it certainly isn't new. I think you should contact gamefunk for a replacement. I would if that's what I will be receiving.

Edit: I just received mine and the package was not tempered with. The battery itself is slightly puffy as well. I was more brave and plugged the thing into the PSP and charged it up; it worked great, displaying 8-9 hrs of possible play time when fully charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine, have the extended cover from Dealextreme. The thing is so fricking huge that the cover doesn't fit right on my Slim and it doesn't even fit in my playgear pocket case properly anymore.

Edit: Just out of curiousity, where were your stamina batteries manufactured?

My original battery that came with the Slim was made in China. The stamina was made in Japan.

Yep.. same for me.. original 1800 was China. New 2200 is Japan.

So I took the plunge and tried to put it in. It's was puffy and big it didn't even stay clipped in. So then took a pin to the back puffy part and woosh.. the air come out and no more puffyness.

It fits nicely now.. only thing is it doesn't register on the PSP. Looks like a got a dud :(

:bouncy: WOOT :bouncy:

Just left it charging for a bit and it now picks it up correctly. Phew!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Geello']Just got mine, have the extended cover from Dealextreme. The thing is so fricking huge that the cover doesn't fit right on my Slim and it doesn't even fit in my playgear pocket case properly anymore.

Edit: Just out of curiousity, where were your stamina batteries manufactured?

My original battery that came with the Slim was made in China. The stamina was made in Japan.[/QUOTE]

My original PSP1000 bat was from China and this one is from Japan too.

[quote name='Geello']Just got mine, have the extended cover from Dealextreme. The thing is so fricking huge that the cover doesn't fit right on my Slim and it doesn't even fit in my playgear pocket case properly anymore.
[/QUOTE]

If you remove the black cushion from the back of the case it seems to work fine for me. I just put a thin layer of fabric on the slimmer side to balance it in the case.

bread's done
Back