Brand new, sealed Sega Master System worth much?

Megaten

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this is the right section to ask this in, but oh well. So I got a call from my sister today who was cleaning out my aunt's house now that she recently passed away, and she told me she found a completely sealed from the factory Sega Master System in one of the closets, with a lot of sealed games and whatnot. By the time she called me to ask me about it, her kids had already opened it up and were inspecting it so it isn't exactly sealed anymore, haha. But anyhow, I was just curious if it would've been worth much had it remained sealed - I figure there can't really be that many of those still unopened right?

Speaking of dumbass kids who opened sealed things, my friend recently discovered a sealed Game Boy with Tetris packin. Just sitting in his house, I guess and he didn't know it. His mom impulsively wanted to play Tetris, so she cracked it open and started playing. I know that sealed Game Boy systems probably don't go for much, but ugh, what a dumbass. I did however get to look at the Game Boy-- what a trip to see the pea colored screen in all of its unscratched glory.

[quote name='Megaten']Not sure if this is the right section to ask this in, but oh well. So I got a call from my sister today who was cleaning out my aunt's house now that she recently passed away, and she told me she found a completely sealed from the factory Sega Master System in one of the closets, with a lot of sealed games and whatnot. By the time she called me to ask me about it, her kids had already opened it up and were inspecting it so it isn't exactly sealed anymore, haha. But anyhow, I was just curious if it would've been worth much had it remained sealed - I figure there can't really be that many of those still unopened right?[/QUOTE]

And they gonna keep it?Or what? A SMS, for today's kids may look like crap, and what games were included?

Well, thanks for the responses guys. Couldn't tell ya what games they were hcamacho, I'll ask my sister to write down the names or something. She rattled them off to me over the phone...none of them sounded all that good, or at least I didn't recognize any of them. Except for that Safari Hunt or whatever game, also had a blaster brand new too. I remember owning an old SMS I found at a pawn shop a while back that had that game built into the console as well as Hang-On, so that was the only one that I had even heard of. Nothing like Shadow Dancer, Phantasy Star...or anything I think an old-school gamer would really care about. Then again I was in the middle of playing 1vs100 on Live so I wasn't listening all that closely, haha.

Anyhow, I don't know what she's planning on doing with it - but I think my nephews will play just about anything so the looks probably don't matter much. They're favorite game to play on their DS is like Bookworm in the GBA slot, so not too picky.

Sorry ya can't sell yours Porksta, but at least it puts me at ease that it wasn't just an insanely epic fail on their part to open it. ^.^

bread's done
Back