Bravely Default - Out now in stores and on the eShop! (Demo available)

Does anyone know anything about the replay value of this game? (IE: after you beat the game, you can still free-roam while leveling up your characters/

For example, I think FF7/FF10 had free-roam after you beat the game.

Man, I went to add more people from the spreadsheet, but there's already over 100 people on it!  I only have about 25 spaces... damn.  Only gonna add people who have already added me so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the demo and now I really want the full game. Being able to speed things up as well as turn off encounters makes it a dream, and the battle system is a lot of fun and very engaging.

I know I have a few people on my list from ACNL, I'll check the spreadsheet when I have a minute.

How do you know when you beat the demo? I went all the way through the western tunnel. 

What's the purpose of building the town and streetpass?

How do you know when you beat the demo? I went all the way through the western tunnel.

What's the purpose of building the town and streetpass?
1. You have completed the demo when you've gotten all seven of the Play bonuses (Five are earned by defeating bosses, one is given at the start of the demo, and one is given when you finish upgrading the town). Talk to the guard by the town gate to find out which bonuses you have. GameFAQs also has a demo FAQ up.

2. Upgrading the town gives the Adventurer (save point guy) new weapons and items to sell. I think there's also some crafting in the full game. When you Streetpass, it gives the town more workers, so you can cut down the real time needed to upgrade the town or go to work on multiple projects at once. As DoK pointed out, Streetpassing is not as necessary in the full version, since the game gives you some villagers for free every day in the full version. Also, your number of villagers in the demo is transferred to the full game, along with whatever Play Bonuses you've earned.

Having a hard time wth that 2nd boss in the woods. I've got a swordsman 2 handed, a Valkrie, a Red Mage and a Performer. Any tips on beating it?

Please feel free to add me to your 3DS friend's list for this game and others. I added myself to the google doc as well.  I had a bunch of CAG's on my list once before but 3DS crapped out and lost all of them when Nintendo replaced it. Looking forward to this game! Thanks and happy gaming

5215-0340-5084

Since the deal thread is getting quite a few posts about friend codes. I went ahead and created a Google Doc for everyone to add their friend codes to:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj8xz3nsn9dtdFZMSE5IMHdFQmQ4cmJYV0J5VnFTY2c&usp=sharing
Just wanted to pop this up to the current page since its not in the OP and in case anyone here isnt also reading the thread in the VG Deals forum. I just got home and am plugging away at everyone's friend codes.

I Just got my collectors edition in the mail from amazon and man was it beat all to hell! The sides were very noticeably squished, each corner has varying degrees wear. I expected to get a "collectors " edition not a "thrift store reject" edition. I chatted with a lady and she gave me a $13 partial refund. I want to raise hell about this but I want to do it in the right way. Any Ideas?

I Just got my collectors edition in the mail from amazon and man was it beat all to hell! The sides were very noticeably squished, each corner has varying degrees wear. I expected to get a "collectors " edition not a "thrift store reject" edition. I chatted with a lady and she gave me a $13 partial refund. I want to raise hell about this but I want to do it in the right way. Any Ideas?
Yikes that sucks! I remember when I got my Demon's Souls CE box crushed pretty badly and I couldn't even exchange it since they never got them back in stock. If you weren't planning on reselling the game or anything I would imagine $13 back should be good enough since the game, art book and cd are fine (presumably) and it is just the box. If you were planning on keeping this sealed to resell however maybe check with them if you can exchange it for another. I know they were out of stock for awhile but they were back in stock again before selling out once more today. If this isn't truly limited they could replace it. If not though I'd imagine getting back the cost of getting the CE vs the regular edition is the most you could hope for which they have already done.

TBH, I mostly bought the CE for the soundtrack (which was perfectly fine btw) I have no intentions on reselling it. I can really anal about the condition of the stuff in my collection. For me a lot of the joy I have in collected is displaying the stuff on my shelf. So yeah, now that I've had a chance to calm down, You're probably right about not making any more of a fuss about it. I got what I wanted so I'll just shut up and enjoy the game.

I Just got my collectors edition in the mail from amazon and man was it beat all to hell!
I got mine in the mail today from Best Buy and I was amazed at how well packed it was. They used a box you could ship a couple of basketballs in, and the collector's edition box was floating in the middle, surrounded by air cushions. Not bad for free shipping.

I won't get mine until around Wed. but that's ok I can wait. I could've gotten it for $15 off with a gift card, but oh well. I'll just keep grinding and trying to beat that dragon in the demo.

Went ahead and added myself to the list, but unsure if I want to mass add people or not. Though if anyone adds me and tells me, I'll add them back.

Hey guys I just picked this up and am a novice to RPG's in general. Are there any tips especially the battle system that you could recommend? I was getting my ass handed to me in the demo and any help would be appreciated.

thanks

I'm only adding people who are active in this thread.

Added Hester, Dead of Knight, Draekon, Wompdevil, Matay, wasabi58 so far.

I'm also an Animal Crossing player.

Hey guys I just picked this up and am a novice to RPG's in general. Are there any tips especially the battle system that you could recommend? I was getting my ass handed to me in the demo and any help would be appreciated.

thanks
I encountered the same problem and dismissed it until I learned to use default and brave commands and changing jobs. I did two melee fighters like Knight or Valkrie and two mages like white and black. Hope that helps.

if you can kill the mobs in 4 turns, just brave everyone and finish it before they get to hit you. should help with some that may debuff you. alternative between characters with new jobs so it is never too hard for the group. turn up encounter rate, stay near inn and brave often, should make the grind very quick where the new job become more useful in combat.

I encountered the same problem and dismissed it until I learned to use default and brave commands and changing jobs. I did two melee fighters like Knight or Valkrie and two mages like white and black. Hope that helps.

if you can kill the mobs in 4 turns, just brave everyone and finish it before they get to hit you. should help with some that may debuff you. alternative between characters with new jobs so it is never too hard for the group. turn up encounter rate, stay near inn and brave often, should make the grind very quick where the new job become more useful in combat.
Thanks guys for the tips. I'll give these a try and see if I can avoid getting my ass handed to me within minutes of the first encounter lol.

The Summon Friend thing would be a lot cooler if everyone realized you can only use it once per send. I don't think many people are sending it out more than once or twice. Ah well. :p

The Summon Friend thing would be a lot cooler if everyone realized you can only use it once per send. I don't think many people are sending it out more than once or twice. Ah well. :p
I used two on the boss I just fought in the same turn. The first one was guarded, the other one one-hit one of the two targets thanks to the weapons +50% damage for around 8,000 damage. However the Send only updated with the guarded one, which is set to 0 for the attack. I haven't been able to get quite that high again. Bastards.

Game is pretty fun though. Glad that if I feel the need to grind, it's an easy task to do so. Also have added all who have PM'd me or mentioned it in this thread (2DMention).

Yeah, I've had a few sends go out that didn't actually do anything either. Kind of stinks, but that's the general RNG of attacks!

One thing I've definitely learned, even tho the character sheet stats LOOK higher for attack equipping two weapons, you actually will do a lot more just using one. Definitely made my overall damage output skyrocket. Love being able to set the encounter rate to +100% and Auto-Battle at 4x speed when I feel the need to grind out a bit of exp. :)

Ughh I'm in California on business and tried to snag a copy for the trip home. By the time I had the downtime to search one out, it was sold out everywhere. I'd consider going digital, but apparently it's the largest eShop game ever for the 3DS, coming in at 3.2 GB. Yikes.

Done with  chap1. Really enjoying the game so far.  The modern conveniences with brave/default is really nice.

I think it is also worth noting that the 3D is done really well.    I moves around so I don't have 3D on most of the time but with each area etc I make sure to turn on 3D and look at how awesome it is before proceeding with 2D. very pretty.

Question, when do I get more workers aka 3DS friends for building shops and such? Still at the beginning but I unlocked the ability to build shops and stuff. Just got my CE last night.

Really impressed by the CE. It's about as good as the NIS America CE's with a really affordable price.

Question, when do I get more workers aka 3DS friends for building shops and such? Still at the beginning but I unlocked the ability to build shops and stuff. Just got my CE last night.

Really impressed by the CE. It's about as good as the NIS America CE's with a really affordable price.
You can use "Update Data" in the Save Menu to recruit 3 to 5 random internet people a day that supply your town's workforce for a limit of 999 from what I've read. The time it resets is:

PST: 07:00 AM

MST: 08:00 AM

CST: 09:00 AM

PST: 10:00 AM

UTC: 03:00 PM

Tokyo Time: 12:00 AM

"Friends" on your 3DS that have befriended you back will share a move that you "Send". This move can only be used once by the receiver, however if they use it and you send another update, they can download that and use that one. This is exchanged in the "Add Friend" within the Save Menu. You get up to 20 "Friends" and "Guests" at any one time. If you exceed this, the oldest one is moved off to make room for the new one.

These friends can also be Abilinked too. This binds one of your four characters to them so they can use that characters abilities that they have equipped. I'm not as familiar with how it works on the receiving end, but I've thrown out a couple Abilinks to friends in my game.

Street pass I believe also helps stock your towns workforce. As does the workforce carried over from the demo, of which I had 3 (2 + 1 I street passed).

Also just a quick note that Norende will get you upgrades for special abilities. Make sure to upgrade them for yourself and any special abilities that you use the Send command on.

EDIT: Fixed number of people that can come from Update Data.

I only send special moves over the internet as when i try and summon friend attacks i usually pick the ones that have high attack ratings. Wish more of you update their sent attacks, alot still have the 1st tutorial update. Hehe

Added some people from this thread.  Did the googledoc thing during Animal crossing and spent a lot of time adding people that didn't ever add back so I'm just going to post here and if you add then just pm me or post here.

0301-9809-1872

I must admit this game is fuck ing fantastic. I love how they added modern conveniences to the game without taking away from the challenge or fun of the JRPG genre.

It's also nice to see Square back to making Square quality RPG's. They been falling a bit short past few years in my opinion.

Loving the game.

I just beat the first Dragon and on to the next.

Its a fun and great RPG up there with DQ9 and Fire Emblem.

Whelp, died the first time last night to a boss who one-shot my entire party. Was not expecting that at all. Turned around a couple tries later and destroyed him, along with sending out a 9999 damage attack.

Also added all of the people who have PM'd me thus far.

Added Mako and Afflicted.

Will add anyone that adds me.

In chapter one going for the Time Mage and the Spell Fencer next.

Game is so damn good.

Does anyone know if the Ranger & Spell Fencer abilities stack? Say Plant slayer & Fire? Loving this game, I think my 3ds was on all weekend, if you include sleep mode overnight, gotta rebuild that town around the clock.

I have no idea which one of you I've added to my friends lists... I do see ppl there so oh well. 

I max out weapon shop, others are around lvl 6-8. Going have around 32? in the village, wonder why the max is what? 900something? heh.

So apparently the second half of the game is almost all backtracking and Okami'ing... :puke:

I'm only on Chapter 3 though so it hasn't started for me yet.... Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds.  Really enjoying it so far though.

So apparently the second half of the game is almost all backtracking and Okami'ing... :puke:

I'm only on Chapter 3 though so it hasn't started for me yet.... Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds. Really enjoying it so far though.
By then, I would think you'll have the ability to fly anywhere. Plus you can turn off encounters, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm on Chapter 4 myself and doing a little bit of pg grinding before I go on because I skipped so much fighting to this point and bosses are swatting me like flies. I think I'm at least 2 towns behind on equipment upgrades. This is a good place to grind classes though as I can hit level 10 in the matter of like 5-10 minutes.

I think I also found out what Abilink actually does. It doesn't send anything, it's all receiving. I guess none of the people on my friends list had classes higher than me.

and I have to say I love Florem's music. I am not a  soundtrack person because I enjoy vocals but man, I really dig it.   Think I am going to buy the full soundtrack.

downloaded the demo friday, and played it most of sunday.  just received my copy in the mail, and can't wait to play it this weekend.  nice to see the jrpg coming back, first ni no kuni, and now this.  anyone know how to add friends, haven't googled it yet, but ill definitely add people once i start playing.

i haven't try to figure it out , i am sure others can help with actual info regarding friends.

I have only ppl on my 3DS friendslist through the regular 3ds function of adding FC., I have not added anyone specifically through the add friend function within the game. I do see 20 friends, and soemthing like 7 guest on the list tho, not sure how that all work. I have receive and sent monsters in my town. I have sent my character and it all look good, tho yeah, I haven't try to figure out the details.

bread's done
Back