Breakdown w/ Dead to Rights (XB) 19.99 @ Gamestop

[quote name='Journey']Wait..........

What happened with the EB deal?? That's where I ordered mine.[/quote]

Check your order status, if it still shows the bonus item, you are set. If it doesn't, call and make them send it to you (be polite, but firm). Some people cancelled rather than trying to deal with customer service, but CS was pretty good about fixing it. If they say they can't, ask for a supervisor.

EB sent some and cancelled some w/ DTR (and STILL shipped just Breakdown) - there are a few threads about people having to call/email/complain... Hopefully Gamestop honors it without the hassle.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']dammit, i ordered it through eb yesterday. i hope they still have this deal in a week just in case eb decides to rip me off :evil:[/quote]

Call them and take care of it now, don't wait. I called this morning, and they managed to ship both games out today (in separate packages, the Breakdown package was already being processed when I called, so DtR had to ship separately, no extra charge).

Thats funny they are having the same deal as EBgames,maybe this will be a nationwide thing for all stores, hmm makes me think

Ok, just checked my order stats and it says that they both shipped today.

Thanks everyone for the heads up though!!

[quote name='yeahokthenfu']Thats funny they are having the same deal as EBgames,maybe this will be a nationwide thing for all stores, hmm makes me think[/quote]

I think Gamestop was thinking..."hey we have a lot of Breakdown and Dead to Rights to get rid of too!"

Cool. Since GameStop doesn't charge me any sales tax it only cost me 38 cents more to have it delivered to my home than to drive over and get from their local store.

If they're offering this B&M.

If gas weren't a big cost issue.

If I hadn't already taken off my shoes and socks and planned to stay home all weekend.

Yep, this online order works for me!

Well I went ahead and canceled my order at EB. Im not 100% sure that it would not be filled but its not worth the hassle. I ordered it from Gamestop and at least it shows correctly now.

[quote name='Requiem']No in store deal? My credit card is maxed out and I want to pick it up in the store.[/quote]

They might. I don't know. After a whole day of driving on various errands and getting my foot wear off, I just couldn't muster the interest to call them on the phone. Just getting their number might be a hassle since the store locator on their site doesn't believe my local store exists.

Like I said, with the cheap shipping the difference in cost for me is pennies and I have way too many games backlogged (we're talking hundreds here) to be in to much of a hurry to have these two in my sweaty mitts.

My sole previous experience with GameStop's $2 shipping was pretty good. It only took five days including the holiday weekend to get from Grapevine, TX to my house in Los Angeles County. (in case the name Castaic is unfamiliar) I wouldn't have expected any faster from the costlier Ground option.

[quote name='robwhit1']Well I went ahead and canceled my order at EB. Im not 100% sure that it would not be filled but its not worth the hassle. I ordered it from Gamestop and at least it shows correctly now.[/quote]

Yes, showing up correctly is definitely a relieving feeling! I cancelled my order from EB yesterday, and I was disappointed that I couldn't get it on the deal. Then this pops up along with SCII, and I am once again a happy CAG. Although, if the deals keep on pouring in like this, I may soon have to take a hiatus from this site. My pocketbook is feeling the pinch of TOO many cheap ass games!

DOWN with EB, HURRAY for Gamestop. I cancelled my order and EB gave me some BS like they sent an e-mail confirmation regarding that DtR will not be included, which I never got. Ordered the package from Gamestop, I have never had any problems with them.

bread's done
Back