Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

[quote name='DestroVega']Anyone notice Walt had his birthday in this episode, also had his birthday in the opening scene of this season. Meaning that opening scene takes place one year from last episode.[/QUOTE]

Good point, I had almost completely forgotten about that opening scene of the season. I was still trying to wrapped my head around the fact that the latest episode takes place only one year from the series premiere. Everything that's happened over all these seasons is just one year...

i didn't know their hench guy was so hardcore, thought mike would of been the one to shoot him.

jumps off a moving train and shoots a kid, guy deserves a promotion

I thought walt was gonna shoot that kid helping them. Anyone notice bill burr he was the henchman with the broken truck. ^___^

[quote name='GUNNM']I thought walt was gonna shoot that kid helping them. Anyone notice bill burr he was the henchman with the broken truck. ^___^[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's been in a few episodes. He seems to be Saul's go-to guy.

I'm happy for Bill Burr that he got a regular role in one of the best shows on television. Besides being a really funny comedian, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Last night's episode is great, looks like the shit is hitting the fan from al directions. Im excited to see how Walt handles it all.

I love when Walt's response to Jessie's question for the next episode is "The Empire Business". I honestly think in the end, everybody but Walt is going to die. I just see it happening.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I'm happy for Bill Burr that he got a regular role in one of the best shows on television. Besides being a really funny comedian, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Last night's episode is great, looks like the shit is hitting the fan from al directions. Im excited to see how Walt handles it all.[/QUOTE]

I hear him on SiriusXM from time to time and he is pretty funny. I didn't know what he looked like though.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I love when Walt's response to Jessie's question for the next episode is "The Empire Business". I honestly think in the end, everybody but Walt is going to die. I just see it happening.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that had me shaking my head say "Wow. This dude is on a serious power trip."

At the beginning of this past episode, my wife asked me who the little kid riding the dirt bike was in the beginning. I thought she meant the actor's name, like she recognized him. After some confusion, I realized she was asking me his role in the show. I said "I don't know, I've never seen him before." I mentioned that he'd likely been seen again in the episode. Little did I know that his next scene would be so insane.

I kept thinking that the tarantula was going to bite him, or that he'd crash his bike (smashing the jar) and then it would bite him.

Great episode! I thought they were going to sacrifice that pesticide kid or something because they weren't going to be able to pull it off on time. Talk about a close call! Was pretty funny when Skylar says "Burying some dead bodies?" then Walt responds all calm "Nope, robbing a train." Haha. fuck you Skylar!

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I hear him on SiriusXM from time to time and he is pretty funny. I didn't know what he looked like though.[/QUOTE]
On the opie and anthony show is where you probably heard him.

I was fully expecting the 3rd dude to get
stuck up on top the tanker car somehow, either by having his pants or jacket get stuck under the lugnuts. The other scenario I was fully expecting is that the dumptruck driver would somehow spoil the heist by calling attention to Mike hiding in the bushes.

That's the amazing twist of this episode everyone was expecting Todd to die but instead some bug collecting kid took the bullet.

I'm trying to get everyone I know to start watching this show. They have no idea what they're missing. I might start watching it over again with my wife, because I'm pretty sure she'd like it.

[quote name='shieryda']I was fully expecting the 3rd dude to get
stuck up on top the tanker car somehow, either by having his pants or jacket get stuck under the lugnuts. The other scenario I was fully expecting is that the dumptruck driver would somehow spoil the heist by calling attention to Mike hiding in the bushes.
[/QUOTE]

I saw a lot of people online speculating that Todd was an undercover cop (which never crossed my mind), but I guess that's out of the question after that ending. :cold:

As thugs/lowlifes go, I'm not a fan of the Todd's look. I prefer my thugs come in more of a Skinny Pete/Wendy finish, but whatever. You take what you get.

[quote name='DestroVega']Anyone notice Walt had his birthday in this episode, also had his birthday in the opening scene of this season. Meaning that opening scene takes place one year from last episode.[/QUOTE]

I guess that means Walt isn't going to end up dieing by the end of the season, unless they suddenly pick up the pace and put one year+ in the next 13 episodes... Also, how the hell is he still going to be alive two years after his diagnosis that was only going to give him a few weeks-months or something?

And is anyone getting really sick of Skylar? And the fact that over the past two episodes Jessie is the one to have the "ah ha!" moment where he comes up with the great plan? I preferred him being the one everyone just yelled at when he would say something stupid...

Ahhh damn it. You can tell they're building up for the mid season cut off. These past 2 episodes have ended fantastically. Grrr! Why must you torture me AMC!

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Ahhh damn it. You can tell they're building up for the mid season cut off. These past 2 episodes have ended fantastically. Grrr! Why must you torture me AMC![/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. There definitely is going to be a giant cliffhanger of Star Trek TNG-proportions. I have a Breaking Bad buddy and we talk about the episode the next Monday at work. He pitched the idea that the cliffhanger is going to be Hank finding out everything. An exciting cliffhanger, sure, but I counter that there's no way the pursuit story arc will be eight episodes long. He then suggests some of it could be courtroom drama. A big risk IMO if they go down the path of courtroom drama!

But honestly I haven't a clue where this rollercoaster ends. Perhaps a death of some sorts in the main cast?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oh yeah. There definitely is going to be a giant cliffhanger of Star Trek TNG-proportions. I have a Breaking Bad buddy and we talk about the episode the next Monday at work. He pitched the idea that the cliffhanger is going to be Hank finding out everything. An exciting cliffhanger, sure, but I counter that there's no way the pursuit story arc will be eight episodes long. He then suggests some of it could be courtroom drama. A big risk IMO if they go down the path of courtroom drama!

But honestly I haven't a clue where this rollercoaster ends. Perhaps a death of some sorts in the main cast?[/QUOTE]

I doubt we see it go into the courtroom. That gives the show a chance to re-humanize Walt and for us to sympathize with him again. I think the last two episodes have shown we're not supposed to sympathize. He's the anti-hero.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I knew what they were digging for in that truck, but the sight of that hand still shook me up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really glad they didn't go so far as to show them pulling the body out of the dirt, that would have been too much. The hand alone was jarring enough as it was.

As for the direction of the story from here I really feel like we're starting to see the beginnings of Jesse being the hero of the story at the end. I don't think Mike is going to make it to the halfway point and it'll likely come through some actions of Walt, either directly or indirectly. At any rate we're seeing that Walt has distanced himself from everyone in his life, he has no one anymore on his quest to build an empire. His problem is that he may have the ambition of Gus in building an empire but he doesn't have the patience or backing to make it happen.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah, I'm really glad they didn't go so far as to show them pulling the body out of the dirt, that would have been too much. The hand alone was jarring enough as it was.

As for the direction of the story from here I really feel like we're starting to see the beginnings of Jesse being the hero of the story at the end. I don't think Mike is going to make it to the halfway point and it'll likely come through some actions of Walt, either directly or indirectly. At any rate we're seeing that Walt has distanced himself from everyone in his life, he has no one anymore on his quest to build an empire. His problem is that he may have the ambition of Gus in building an empire but he doesn't have the patience or backing to make it happen.[/QUOTE]

While I agree he has little patience, he can get the backing with the right people and he certainly has the savvy. I think his problem is that he has too many liabilities. There's going to come a critical juncture where he must choose between his empire and one of his family or Jesse.

I see the show ending one of two ways. 1) Walt is killed in some dramatic fashion. 2) Walt makes the ultimate sacrifice of friends/family to build his empire. He either ends callous or ends distraught, perhaps leading back to 1).

As cold and clinical as Gus was, his loyalty to his dead partner motivated a lot of his actions so he wasn't completely soulless. Can Walt be?

So was the Albertsons bag supposed to be paid product placement? Seems very odd since the only 3 stores left are in Mormonville, Utah.

My prediction for the end of the series: Jesse, after finding out about Walt letting his girlfriend die and poisoning that kid, creates some of that bean poison and puts it in Walt Jr.s breakfast cereal. Some straight up godfather 3 shit.

and Walter would be relieved to find Walter Jr. dead.

really though I think Walt's son is going to peak his head into the business, and probably end up dead.

"Everybody wins"

I was cracking up during the dinner scene. Jesse's reactions to the conversation between Skylar and Walt were priceless.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']"Everybody wins"

I was cracking up during the dinner scene. Jesse's reactions to the conversation between Skylar and Walt were priceless.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, that was a great piece of comedy right there. I love when Jesse is trying to down the whole glass of water while his eyes are darting back and forth at both of them.

Did I miss something? Did they ever reveal what Gus' past was all about? Even Don Eladio had was careful with him. I wonder what he did or what he was known for.

Skylar needs to die, I can't believe I actually hate someone more than Joffrey from GoT -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
nPm2M.gif

I was thinking about Walt's empire speech and I'm starting to think he has always been a bit evil. And the cancer just brought it to the forefront the proverbial last straw. Maybe a bit of social commentary about how anyone can break bad in the right situation. Perhaps it has been less about the money and supporting his family and more about leaving a mark even from the beginning.

This is already my favorite current show and i'm starting to think with a good ending it may be my favorite of all time. Granted as long as they don't pull a Lost on us.

[quote name='IanKazimer']
nPm2M.gif
[/QUOTE]
Jesse seemed like a little kid sitting at the adults table for the first time in that scene.... Seems most episodes now have one very tense meal scene.

I'm glad they evolved him from sniveling brat to someone that has some sort conscience and a likeable character. Which, unfortunately, will get him killed in the end most likely.

[quote name='Gannikus']Did I miss something? Did they ever reveal what Gus' past was all about? Even Don Eladio had was careful with him. I wonder what he did or what he was known for.

Skylar needs to die, I can't believe I actually hate someone more than Joffrey from GoT -_-[/QUOTE]
They've left Gus's back story up in the air, but his exhile was from when Pinochet was in power. My guess is that he was a higher up in the regieme and was one of the more brutal ones at that. And hauled ass to Mexico near the end so as not to face trial.

And yeah, Skylar needs to just off herself. Shes becoming more and more unhinged. Its like she thinks shes the one making the meth and is paranoid about it. As paranoid as she is, who knows she could be smoking Walts product on the down low

As annoying as Skylar is, her reactions aren't strange considering her circumstances. She feels trapped because exposing Walt would get her in trouble as well, but she has legitimate fear for her and her children's safety. Add her guilt concerning Ted on top of that and her fragile state isn't surprising. Don't forget her distance from Walt has only caused him to become more detached and cold towards her, widening the rift.

[quote name='Anexanhume']As annoying as Skylar is, her reactions aren't strange considering her circumstances. She feels trapped because exposing Walt would get her in trouble as well, but she has legitimate fear for her and her children's safety. Add her guilt concerning Ted on top of that and her fragile state isn't surprising. Don't forget her distance from Walt has only caused him to become more detached and cold towards her, widening the rift.[/QUOTE]

But before this season started, she really wanted to be part of it and be cautious with everything..she basically accepted the fact that Walk is a drug dealer. Now she's annoying and emo. I feel like the writers either doesn't know what to do with her OR their planning on something tragic pretty soon.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Jesse seemed like a little kid sitting at the adults table for the first time in that scene.... Seems most episodes now have one very tense meal scene.

I'm glad they evolved him from sniveling brat to someone that has some sort conscience and a likeable character. Which, unfortunately, will get him killed in the end most likely.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree, I really like where Jesse's character is headed. I was excited when he punched Todd in the face

[quote name='Rumors']I definitely agree, I really like where Jesse's character is headed. I was excited when he punched Todd in the face[/QUOTE]
And as much as I hate to say it...I don't really see him living thru the end of the series.

bread's done
Back