Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

[quote name='jlarlee']The dollar and the soda machine scene is my favorite of the season[/QUOTE]

Indeed. And I liked how the 3 assassins were eating the lunch from the cooler.

Yeah it was definitely a great final scene. You knew how everything fit together, but seeing what Hank had figured out and what conclusions he came to was pretty exciting.

Man that was a good episode! I like the little back story they gave about Gus and the finals scene of the episode. Now I really want to know who Gus really is and what that will mean for everyone moving forward. I just had a big problem with Hector and Elario and their accents. They are supposed to be Mexican and they do not have Mexican accents... I really hate when I notice little things like that in an episode. They managed to get one actor that could speak "Mexican Spanish" how hard could it have been to get another two? Gus is getting Jesse and Walt to not trust each other and it seems Walt is on the edge of making more irrational choices.

Gus must've practiced his story. He had that shit down cold.

I love those flashbacks though, I was wondering what happened to the other 'hermano'.

Wow.

This show delivers every single week.

I am loving the backstory with Gus, man oh man this season is getting good!

The backstory on Gus was good because of the actor. It's hard to say if we really needed that much backstory on Gus the character, but it was fun to see.

So it seems like both Mike and Jesse will survive this season. The preview made it look like somebody is going to ask Jesse to off Walter and Jesse declines forcefully. It makes me think that the big finish for this show is going to be Walt killing Jesse out of a delusional notion that Jesse's out to get him, when Jesse's ultimately the only one with any loyalty to Walt whatsoever.

I'm really excited to see where the finale goes this season.

What's the deal with Gus tapping his thumb and forefinger together in the elevator? Maybe to calm himself down?

Also, while it may not be a big part of the overall story, but I'm curious if Jesse's parents will appear in another episode? Can't remember if they totally wrote him off/disowned him, or are even still wondering how he's doing.

This past episode was amazing. The vacuum bags were pretty funny.

I think the last question from Hank threw him off a bit. His entire alibi seemed entirely rehearsed, as in his relationship with Gale. When asked a personal question about himself he didn't seem to have it down, as if he wasn't expecting anyone to probe that deeply.

Even when Gus was talking with Mike about Hank's investigation, they both knew the Chile thing and his background was the one thing they would have problems with.

Another good episode.

The way that Jesse's been taken in by Mike/Gus, his gradual realization of the situation (the "angles" as he put it), and his relationship with Walt have all been pitch perfect this season. I was worried at the beginning of the season, with Jesse's house turning into a meth den, but it came together quick. The writing for Jesse has been great, and the performance is amazing.

Only thing I didn't like was Jesse's allusion to instructions being in "mexican." That's a little much, by now we know that Jesse's sharp enough to know better. He's not some hillbilly in Kentucky, he's lived in New Mexico his whole life and I'm sure he can probably habla espanol a little.

Loved the episode last night. I thought Walt and Jeese were just going to roll over and stop fighting. I didn't see Jeese getting that pissed. I get the feeling Mike or Gus will be killed by the end of this season.

I really hope AMC man's the hell up and gives this show the money they deserve. For those that don't know AMC is getting cheap with Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead and may lowball both shows to their death.

So I'm surprised this thread doesn't get more action, after the amazing 3rd season I thought BB would pick up a ton more viewers. Anyone care to share their predictions for the remainder of the season?

I think my earlier concerns about Jesse were unwarranted, I think he's gonna survive this Mexico thing and the situation in general.

Hank I'm not so sure about. I don't know how long he'll stay in the dark, and for that wildcard to exist in Walt's life... I dunno. Right now if I had to guess "Who dies in the finale?", I'd say Hank gets it.

As soon as he took the pills, you knew what was up. Awesome.

I'm annoyed by the Beneke situation, I'm really surprised that Saul just went along with it without first waiting for the go-ahead from Walt. I won't call it "out of character," because I'm sure Saul got a little extra for representing the interests of the dead aunt from Luxembourg, but it's pretty close to being out-of-character given that he hardly knows Skyler.

I'm hoping she tells Walt about it and they decide to put the issue to rest by putting Beneke to rest, permanently. The guy's a fucking d-bag.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm hoping she tells Walt about it and they decide to put the issue to rest by putting Beneke to rest, permanently. The guy's a fucking d-bag.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's now a mess. I know the writers wanted Skyler to put things even more at risk, but Saul being involved this way just doesn't add up. It's gonna take me a while to get over the fact that Saul agreed to go along with gifting that cash.

His referring to Ted as "Johnny Fabulous" is another one of Saul's gems, right up there with "You've left your family a second-hand Subaru."

[quote name='dothog']As soon as he took the pills, you knew what was up. Awesome.

I'm annoyed by the Beneke situation, I'm really surprised that Saul just went along with it without first waiting for the go-ahead from Walt. I won't call it "out of character," because I'm sure Saul got a little extra for representing the interests of the dead aunt from Luxembourg, but it's pretty close to being out-of-character given that he hardly knows Skyler.[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it Saul got the green light from Walt to do pretty much anything Skylar said. I thought it was more out of character for Skylar to do something like that than for Saul. Saul does all kinds of weird shit all the time. The whole time I was watching the episode I couldn't help but think Mike was going to get shot and/or die and that kept me on the edge of my seat, as far as I'm concerned he is more than a supporting character to me. That guy didn't do much in the whole episode but he was still a bad ass!

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']Everyone probably already knows, but Breaking Bad has been picked up for a Final 5th season.[/QUOTE]

I heard about next season being the last. On the one hand I'm sad to see it go so early but on the other hand I'd rather they didn't drag it out and tarnish my memory of it.

I'm actually pretty surprised that they can bring out a whole season yet.

I'm guessing that the threads with the his father in law investigating Gus will make up most of the final season. Dealing with the cartel and the breakdown of jesse and walt's relationship seem to have been the major themes of this season so far.

After finally getting around to watching episode 10, all I can say is holy fuck! Definitely an intense episode. Jesse talking all that stuff was freaking awesome, and even Gus showed a smile when he put on his little show. He's come a long way from being a junkie!

[quote name='Superstar']This show is AWESOME. The wife and I just started watching it on netflix.[/QUOTE]

It's about freakin' time!:D Welcome to the club. Now enjoy the ride.

[quote name='shieryda']It's about freakin' time!:D Welcome to the club. Now enjoy the ride.[/QUOTE]

We're half way into season 3 and there's still no dull episode. :)

I was watching the last episode over and i found it hilarious Jesse won that gun fight standing still while the other guy moving around got shot. Now, if this was a multiplayer game would the outcome be the same... ? No... Lol...

...got the first 2 seasons originally on Netflix, then season 3 on amazon and season 4 on Xbox Zune (the whole season is like 16 bucks for SD) they also offer SD or HD downloads for both (you get episodes generally on Monday rather than Sunday when they aire.) (I believe PS3 has Breaking Bad as well)

anyways, if you are like me and can't wait a year to see this episode those are decent alternatives. (worked out well for me)

[quote name='VipFREAK']I was watching the last episode over and i found it hilarious Jesse won that gun fight standing still while the other guy moving around got shot. Now, if this was a multiplayer game would the outcome be the same... ? No... Lol...[/QUOTE]

Remember like 4 episodes ago though Jesse was sharpening his gun skills with the unreleased videogame "RAGE", I always wonder did the Developer "ID Games" have a deal in place with the producers of Breaking Bad, because one episode Jesse was playing RAGE for a good 3 mins., and 2 other different episodes while in Jesse house you can see the game case for "Rage" and another episode on the shelf you see the official strategy guide for the game also.

I dunno, sounds a bit like a stretch.. Also, really? Why is Rage so overrated? it looks like an better graphics version of Doom, that's... it.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I dunno, sounds a bit like a stretch.. Also, really? Why is Rage so overrated? it looks like an better graphics version of Doom, that's... it.[/QUOTE]

I have no interest in it at all, like you said looks/plays like a prettier Doom (Which has no place in gaming anymore), it was just funny the show got the game /beta/alpha copy almost a year ahead of time (When they started filming this season of Breaking Bad last year), and then how it shows up in 3 episodes. Anyhow they should of featured a game as epic as the show is.

[quote name='Poor2More']Remember like 4 episodes ago though Jesse was sharpening his gun skills with the unreleased videogame "RAGE", I always wonder did the Developer "ID Games" have a deal in place with the producers of Breaking Bad, because one episode Jesse was playing RAGE for a good 3 mins., and 2 other different episodes while in Jesse house you can see the game case for "Rage" and another episode on the shelf you see the official strategy guide for the game also.[/QUOTE]

Almost sounds like a trade-off.

"You use our game in your opener, we get to product place it on the show."

Not as simple as that, but you get the idea.

ID has ads for RAGE all over AMC's website.. i'm pretty sure it was worked out to feature the game in those episodes.

It's shitty but it happens in a lot of television/movies.

I don't think I have ever been so honestly frightened by a movie/film/tv show as I was by the ending moments of tonight's episode.

[quote name='jer7583']I don't think I have ever been so honestly frightened by a movie/film/tv show as I was by the ending moments of tonight's episode.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I really felt the mania of that scene. My roommate has never even seen the show and he froze watching those last 5 minutes.

That atmosphere and tone they set at the end of the episode was brilliant. The only other TV show that I can remember that did such a good job of doing that was the Sopranos.

The end of this episode was epic. My only complaint is that Brian Cranston is soooo good that he made Skylar look like she was in a high school drama class. The way he had been treating Jesse cam back to bite him in the ass. How the fuck are they going to get out of this shit!

Besides the ending, This was easily the greatest redemption they could have given this worthless sack of crap of a character.

6SlaD.gif

"Hey Hule, are you happy?"
"....Reasonably"

bread's done
Back