BREAKING NEWS! Allen Iverson Traded to Nuggets

I can't belive the sixers got more then what Iverson is actually worth... I mean yeah he is one of the best players in the game but two first round picks? With two first round picks the nuggest could have prolly gotten Kobe or Maybe even Kevin Garnett

Wow, they traded away a decent PG and 2 picks, and threw in Joe Smith for Iverson.

Looks like Philly got the better end of the deal, even with losing AI.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Iverson and Melo...hmm, could be interesting.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Both positive and negative...

[quote name='assasin4hire']I can't belive the sixers got more then what Iverson is actually worth... I mean yeah he is one of the best players in the game but two first round picks? With two first round picks the nuggest could have prolly gotten Kobe or Maybe even Kevin Garnett[/quote]

Kobe? Fat chance, Denver would have the same chance of getting Lebron, Duncan or Nowitzki.

[quote name='assasin4hire']I can't belive the sixers got more then what Iverson is actually worth... I mean yeah he is one of the best players in the game but two first round picks? With two first round picks the nuggest could have prolly gotten Kobe or Maybe even Kevin Garnett[/quote]:rofl:

my Jazz are in big trouble now.. we looked like shoe-ins for the north west title.. 4 against this denver might be more then we can handle... or how i see it.. the egos of Denver will blow up on itself and it will be fun to watch the meltdown (don't mention to me that fucking Knicks game last night.. just waiting to for the blow out of Atlanta on wednesday)

[quote name='assasin4hire']I can't belive the sixers got more then what Iverson is actually worth... I mean yeah he is one of the best players in the game but two first round picks? With two first round picks the nuggest could have prolly gotten Kobe or Maybe even Kevin Garnett[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahahha that is quote of the century. Try the Nuggets MAYBE couldve gotten Kobe for every single first round pick for the rest of their existance. LMAO.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']I was hoping he would come to the Clippers.[/QUOTE]

If you gave us Livingston, we wouldve traded him to you right away.

Well, at least with "'Melo's" 15-game suspension, it'll take them that much longer to get together to get the 20-game 'honeymoon' out of the way and the inevitable chemistry implosion to take place. Hey, they might actually win a round in the playoffs!

Not a bad move for Philly. They get a much needed PG, an expiring contract, and 2 first round picks that could be used in a trade later on or used to pick up 2 players that could help them in the future. Denver on the other hand...ehh. I'll just send my best wishes to George Karl.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wow, they traded away a decent PG and 2 picks, and threw in Joe Smith for Iverson.

Looks like Philly got the better end of the deal, even with losing AI.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Those won't even be lottery picks right?

[quote name='starman9000']I don't know. Those won't even be lottery picks right?[/QUOTE]

This is the deepest draft in a VERY long time.

Try adding Greg Oden, Alando Tucker, Tyler Hansborough and Mustafa Shakur in the draft. That's just freakin insane. Talk about an amazing future.

[quote name='starman9000']I don't know. Those won't even be lottery picks right?[/QUOTE]

The one pick that is actually Denver's probably won't be a lottery pick. If it is it should be in the teens somewhere.

As for the other pick, it depends on which team it used to belong to as their record (along with the lottery to some extent if applicable) will determine where the pick is. Does anyone know whose draft pick it was originally?

[quote name='jPoD']This is the deepest draft in a VERY long time.

Try adding Greg Oden, Alando Tucker, Tyler Hansborough and Mustafa Shakur in the draft. That's just freakin insane. Talk about an amazing future.[/QUOTE]

But what is a deep draft in the NBA, 10 good players instead of 4?

Captainfrizo: The second pick is the Mav's BTW, so probably even worse.

until 2 of those 4 players you mention go down with career ending injuries..

i'm not on a draft pick hype wagon i'd rather have an all star any day.. My Jazz have 7 second round picks on our team and we have the second best record in the league. and the only fairly high picks on the team is Deron (at 3rd) and Ronnie Brewer at (13 or so can't rememebr) Tony Parker was late 1st round and no one questions his ability.. just because its projected to be a deep draft doesn't mean there won't be busts.. i think its philly's loss they could have gotten much better instead they got average.

[quote name='jPoD']This is the deepest draft in a VERY long time.

Try adding Greg Oden, Alando Tucker, Tyler Hansborough and Mustafa Shakur in the draft. That's just freakin insane. Talk about an amazing future.[/QUOTE]

That's assuming any (or all) those players will come out as several (if not all, I'm kind of rusty on my college players) are still underclassmen. I'm sure Oden and possibly Hansborough will go pro, but there's always the chance they won't. This draft could be pretty good or pretty bad if they all stay in school.

[quote name='captainfrizo']That's assuming any (or all) those players will come out as several (if not all, I'm kind of rusty on my college players) are still underclassmen. I'm sure Oden and possibly Hansborough will go pro, but there's always the chance they won't. This draft could be pretty good or pretty bad if they all stay in school.[/QUOTE]

Tucker and Shakur are seniors so i'm pretty sure they'll declare for the draft ;)

[quote name='jPoD']Tucker and Shakur are seniors so i'm pretty sure they'll declare for the draft ;)[/QUOTE]

As I said, my knowledge of college players is a bit rusty. ;)

The next draft is suppose to be as deep as 96's draft and the Bulls are on top of the wish list....thanks Isiah...you stupid cow.

surprised%21.jpeg

[quote name='captainfrizo']As I said, my knowledge of college players is a bit rusty. ;)[/QUOTE]

heh no biggie. Shakur went to a high school right near mine :) We've actually been pouring out a ton of talent lately.

Ellington (UNC)
Henderson (Duke)
Shakur (Arizona)
Hakim Warrick (Cuse, Memphis Grizz)
Mike Cook (UPitt)
Ryan Brooks (Temple)
Garret Williamson (St. Joe's)

The last two went to my school :)

[quote name='coolcolt']I wanted iverson to go to the timberwolves.[/quote]
Seconded. KG and AI would have been a lethal combination, PERFECT even. I don't think Melo and AI will co-exist well. Melo seems like an ***hole, and he's enjoying being "the man" and his 23 shots per game. AI will just cut into his numbers.

Edit - AHAHAHAHAHA I just realized Joe Smith was part of the package. He was supposed to be the next great one. For every Lebron there is a Joe Smith and Kwame Brown.

[quote name='urzishra14']until 2 of those 4 players you mention go down with career ending injuries..

i'm not on a draft pick hype wagon i'd rather have an all star any day.. My Jazz have 7 second round picks on our team and we have the second best record in the league. and the only fairly high picks on the team is Deron (at 3rd) and Ronnie Brewer at (13 or so can't rememebr) Tony Parker was late 1st round and no one questions his ability.. just because its projected to be a deep draft doesn't mean there won't be busts.. i think its philly's loss they could have gotten much better instead they got average.[/quote]

You're out of your mind:roll::roll::roll: Philadelphia came out huge out of this one. it could have been a disaster for them. Everyone was expecting for them to get shafted and lose their value by trading AI. They got a hell of a lot more than I think most expected. And with the Denver Nugget's season this year and there hardships, I wouldn't be surprised if they get some decent draft picks especially with how great the draft is looking. AI for how good he is is an aging player. Philadelphia is in full swing rebuilding mode now. They still might have a bit of a season left in them, but they got a great PG some eh players that they might be able to trade again and then those two extra first round picks.

[quote name='Kendro']Seconded. KG and AI would have been a lethal combination, PERFECT even. I don't think Melo and AI will co-exist well. Melo seems like an ***hole, and he's enjoying being "the man" and his 23 shots per game. AI will just cut into his numbers.

Edit - AHAHAHAHAHA I just realized Joe Smith was part of the package. He was supposed to be the next great one. For every Lebron there is a Joe Smith and Kwame Brown.[/quote]

Hey, hold your horses. Sure Kwame didn't turn out to be the super mega star we were expecting, but under Phil Jackson's rule at the Lakers he's been doing surprisingly well and almsot turned me into a semi-fan. Then again, I love the Lakers.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hey, hold your horses. Sure Kwame didn't turn out to be the super mega star we were expecting, but under Phil Jackson's rule at the Lakers he's been doing surprisingly well and almsot turned me into a semi-fan. Then again, I love the Lakers.[/quote]

Kwame is horrible. The Bullets were absolutely right cutting the cord and shipping him to the Lakers. Some nights he shows up, others it's a kinder, softer Kwame.

Kobe is the only NBA player with a no trade clause in his contract.

Also Iverson is an under rated passer and a much better team mate than people care to admit. He jacks up all those shots because he was surrounded by garbage throughout his tenure, and when he wasn't they made him the focal point and wanted him to jack the ball up a crazy amount of time. He is also probably the toughest player and has one of the biggest hearts in the game. Anyone who questions AI needs to go back and watch the 2004 olympics. The team as a whole may not have played well, but he showed that he can be a leader and Melo needs someone to lead him.

I bet his assist total at least is nine this year considering it is near 7.5 this year and the cast he had to play with sucked.

And the picks the Sixers got are going to suck. The Dallas pick is going to be in the high 20's and the Nuggets picks is going to be in the low 20's. I just can't see either of those teams playing badly where it would make the picks the Sixers got worth anything. Kiki did a good job stockpiling picks in his tenure and their team is deep enough where missing a draft shouldn't hurt them.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You're out of your mind:roll::roll::roll: Philadelphia came out huge out of this one. it could have been a disaster for them. Everyone was expecting for them to get shafted and lose their value by trading AI. They got a hell of a lot more than I think most expected. And with the Denver Nugget's season this year and there hardships, I wouldn't be surprised if they get some decent draft picks especially with how great the draft is looking. AI for how good he is is an aging player. Philadelphia is in full swing rebuilding mode now. They still might have a bit of a season left in them, but they got a great PG some eh players that they might be able to trade again and then those two extra first round picks.[/QUOTE]

of the LeBron draft Wade has really the only one that has impacted enough to win a championship, and you can wager a lot of that success on a well built (read bought ) team. and that was said to have been a "deep" draft. All i was saying was that i'm not completely sold on the draft picks.. 50% of the time they will be shaft. but, yes philly did amazing, i like andre miller he's a capable PG and the draft picks could pan out to be amazing i'm just saying don't bet the farm on them.

[quote name='Moxio']Oh boy! Carmelo and Iverson side by side? That just spells success![/quote]

Denver just better hope when Carmelo comes back the rules have changed so teams may use 2 basketballs simultaneously to score points.

Shit, 2 might not even be enough for that team now...

i don't think this helps the nuggets at all....iverson will be chucking away and taking shots from camby and jr smith.

They'll be one or two games better than they would've been with andre miller. The entire nuggets season depends on the health of Camby and in years past, he sat out games with ruptured hair follicles.

Philly on the other hand - i expect them to start winning games. Andre Miller is a competent point guard who knows how to pass and can knock down the midrange jumper with consistency. They need to stay with the princeton offense, and let webber and miller initiate the plays.

[quote name='gsr']Philly on the other hand - i expect them to start winning games. Andre Miller is a competent point guard who knows how to pass and can knock down the midrange jumper with consistency. They need to stay with the princeton offense, and let webber and miller initiate the plays.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Philly would prefer he didn't... hell they may sit Miller or at the very least have him come off the bench to try and lose as many games as possible so they can get more ping pong balls.

For those saying Iverson had no help, he had Iguodala, Webber, and Kyle Korver. All of them very good players. Iguodala is making the Allstar team next year, Webber is past his time but still puts up ok numbers, and Korver shows to be a good, somewhat consistent 3pt shooter.

None of them no how to play defense or crash the boards which is what is needed to win with Iverson at point. A bunch of shoot first players are not going to work with Iverson.

Denver has the type of players that will work with Iverson and he will be a much better player.

The reason they were shoot first was because of Iverson, him being there made them have to shoot when they got touches or else they wouldn't get another shot. And Iguodala is a great defender he held kobe to 17 points on 7-of- 27 shooting last season to help his team beat the lakers. If that's not good defense what is.

FYI the other pick belongs to Dallas, so I imagine it wont be in the lottery...

regardless the Sixers did well, I mean you get to a point where you say how much is enough for one guy. Sure Iverson was the heart and soul of the team, but in return they got a pretty damn good player in Miller, a competent player that will clear cap room soon in Joe Smith, and 2 first round draft picks. That gives them the chance to trade those two picks to creep into the top 10, potentially giving them 2 top 10 picks... they did very well.

But the Nuggets did very good as well, Iverson improves that team into title contention IMO. And sure Iverson chucks up alot of shots, but he has never played with talent, unless u wanna count Jerry Stackhouse or Keith Van Horn... so like I said, hes never played with talent. Let's see what putting him on a team with other good players will do for his game, I think hes gunna become a little more of a team player, at some point it becomes about winning and I think Iverson is aware of this.

Even though I haven't read the entire thread nor care about basketball all that much, but Iverson is a douche. I still remember when he was playing in Newport News in high school and he used cause so much shit. There was one time he got into a brawl at a bowling alley that he started and ended up injuring a few people. Funny thing is that after he went straight from high school ball to the NBA, you didn't hear anything else about the trial that resulted from it...

bread's done
Back